• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Anyone Alive Out There: Ongoing Mets Thread

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball can be weird

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball can be weird

It's sad how little run support they give this guy. Reminds me of a few years back Johan had 17 straight scoreless innings and no decision to show for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad how little run support they give this guy. Reminds me of a few years back Johan had 17 straight scoreless innings and no decision to show for it.

I can't wait to see what we do during the off-season. Kudos to Alderson for keeping the team at least somewhat interesting. A starting five of Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, Gee and Hefner next year? Things could be worse. Let's hope they choose wisely with free agents and or/trades.

Hey, what are the chances that the Wilpons are secretly behind Biogenesis? Lifetime ban? I can dream, can't I? :laugh3:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see what we do during the off-season. Kudos to Alderson for keeping the team at least somewhat interesting. A starting five of Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, Gee and Hefner next year? Things could be worse. Let's hope they choose wisely with free agents and or/trades.

Don't forget about Johan Santana:doh:. He could be throwing off the mound by September. I'm pretty sure he's still under contract for another year. And you know the Mets will sign some kind of starting pitcher over the winter. so Hefner & Gee will probably start the year in AAA.

Plus I wouldn't bank on Wheeler considering they were willing to trade him to the Marlins not to long ago. If the right deal comes along, I see him being gone.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Johan Santana:doh:. He could be throwing off the mound by September. I'm pretty sure he's still under contract for another year. And you know the Mets will sign some kind of starting pitcher over the winter. so Hefner & Gee will probably start the year in AAA.

Plus I wouldn't bank on Wheeler considering they were willing to trade him to the Marlins not to long ago. If the right deal comes along, I see him being gone.

Does Santana still have another year? I'm gonna have to look that up. As far as Wheeler goes, I may now be in the minority on this but if a Stanton for Wheeler/d'Arnaud deal materializes, I hope Alderson is all over it. Although, with the young stud pitchers Miami has, it may be a moot point.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a club option on Johan at the end of the year, so he's gone. Maybe they bring him back at a discounted price but I doubt it.

Syndergard is dominating at AA, he'll probably be here for the 2015 season. I think Wheeler winds up being the odd man out and eventually gets dealt. I'd prefer to not throw D'Arnaud in the mix, although that may be what it takes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, ideal roster for next season:

LF: Young
CF: Ellsbury
RF: Trade for power bat
1B: Ike/Duda (Hopefully Ike can get back on track)
2B: Murphy (has been consistently productive)
SS: Quintilla/Tejada (likely going to be our biggest weakness)
3B: Some guy
C: D'Arnaud (if he's half as good as he's been hyped we're in business)

Starters: 1. Harvey 2. Niese 3. Wheeler 4. Gee 5. Mejia

Out of the pen: Parnell, and that's about it. Maybe Hefner or some of our young arms come up and fill some spots, possibly sign a dependable vet or 2.

I think some of our arms get moved though in the trade for a power bat in right. Mejia and Wheeler seem the most likely to get moved.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, ideal roster for next season:

LF: Young
CF: Ellsbury
RF: Trade for power bat
1B: Ike/Duda (Hopefully Ike can get back on track)
2B: Murphy (has been consistently productive)
SS: Quintilla/Tejada (likely going to be our biggest weakness)
3B: Some guy
C: D'Arnaud (if he's half as good as he's been hyped we're in business)

Starters: 1. Harvey 2. Niese 3. Wheeler 4. Gee 5. Mejia

Out of the pen: Parnell, and that's about it. Maybe Hefner or some of our young arms come up and fill some spots, possibly sign a dependable vet or 2.

I think some of our arms get moved though in the trade for a power bat in right. Mejia and Wheeler seem the most likely to get moved.

That's a lineup I can live with, although I think d'Arnaud also goes and we sign McCann.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hammy was painful just to watch. :gaah:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures it was Spin...arrogant prick.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catcher Travis d'Arnaud has been promoted from Binghamton to Las Vegas, so he'll be close to the Mets on their western swing in case there's a baby Buck, which is due any day, for when John Buck leaves to be w/ his wife and child.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys who didn't support Ike Davis oughta be ashamed of yourselves.

I was 100% behind him the whole way, except for when he sucked.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you guys who didn't support Ike Davis oughta be ashamed of yourselves.

I was 100% behind him the whole way, except for when he sucked.

Heh, me too. Ol' Ike is suddenly a walking machine.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ike can keep it up and has actually figured out what was wrong and Flores is a legit everyday guy then Murphy becomes tradebait. I love Murphy but if including him in a deal with some young arms is neccessary to bring in a big bat then I'm all for it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ike can keep it up and has actually figured out what was wrong and Flores is a legit everyday guy then Murphy becomes tradebait. I love Murphy but if including him in a deal with some young arms is neccessary to bring in a big bat then I'm all for it.

No problem with that, if Flores can play second.

I like Murphy, too, and he has worked very hard on his defense the past two seasons, but it's just getting too crowded in the infield. He deserves to keep starting somewhere, and if that's not in Queens, then package him up.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid Mets tricks.

It was on this date back in 1970 that, with the bases loaded and one gone in the bottom of the ninth with a 2-1 lead, Tom Seaver strikes out Bob Tillman for the apparent second out, but Jerry Grote's passed ball allows Tony Gonzalez to score the tying run for the Braves. In his effort to cut down the runner at home, the Mets catcher overthrows Seaver, who is covering the plate, bringing in Rico Carty home from third base with the winning tally giving Atlanta a stunning 3-2 victory, thanks to the two runs being scored on a called third strike.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd now has what, 21 home runs? Probably sauced up, don't care.