• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is amerson the next sherman ?

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like any position in football, it's all system-dependent.

And if I'm not mistaken, this is exactly what happened with Amerson at NC State last year.

"It's also important to remember that was taught by a now fired staff and played for THE WORST defensive coordinator in college football in Mike Archer (seriously, look up their stats). Archer somehow made Amerson, Earle Wolff, and Brandon Bishop, all 3 year starters and all will end up being drafted this year, the worst secondary in the ACC." - NC State alum/season ticket holder from ESPN

Even with all that said, the kid was a highly touted CB the year prior and ended his college career with 18 Int's in 24 career games. He's 6'1ish, 210ish, and runs in the high 4.3/low 4.4 range. I liked the pick and think Amerson, once acclimated to the NFL, should become a solid contributor to our team.

I'm personally excited by all the young talent we have back there. Should be exciting to watch!!!

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I don't like about Amerson is his agility. Straight line speed is good but meaningless when he can't swivel his hips to stay with wide outs. Which is why some thought he'd be a better safety than corner. But like mentioned, it all depends on scheme and how he's used.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i hope

the guys here dont mind the copy and pastes to get some conversations going. but that is why we are here arent we

this place is starting to rock a little

it seems we picked up east bay and arbusman in the turnover

i imagine justuceo wont be far behind and the dreaded b-man

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pops, I just gave you a nice shout out on that other board, don't judge a book by it's cover. GOOD Rivalry balances everything out.........

#Honor, Courage & Commitment!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough