• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

is amerson the next sherman ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is David Amerson the next Richard Sherman? - Hogs Haven

i think he has potential to be and that is why the skins drafted him . if he can put it all together with his physical talents and is ball hawking skills we could have a gem here

the similarities are there but it has to show up on the field /

i am a big advocate of tall cbs .

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he won't need illegal substances to be good.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is amerson physical?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Amerson could be good. Happy with the secondary pickups in this years draft.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid lacked confidence last year, and got beat often like a drum, doubt he gains any confidence against the NFL WR studs he will have to face in the NFCE alone. Is he a projected starter?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about Amerson. While he is big and aggressive going after the ball, he does not play physical at the line. I saw a quote from Raheem stating that his lack of bump and run abilities at the line is his biggest weakness. Hopefully the can coach him up.....

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think he has potential to be and that is why the skins drafted him . if he can put it all together with his physical talents and is ball hawking skills we could have a gem here

It's funny because I once thought the same thing. It is very possible. I also believe Amerson has more talent as a prospect because of his hands, speed, and elusiveness.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson's tape shows he is not great in press or in back pedaling. Luckily, the Skins rarely ask their DBs to do either

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually think that's an insult to Ameerson. Amerson actually has ball skills and can get turnovers. Sherman bases his whole game off of mugging WRs at the line. If he cant beat you up, he cant cover you. I reference the time when he went up against Megatron who basically took his lunch money.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't waste any time skinsdad! See you got some good topics up.

IMO, along with not being physical and a gambler, Amerson appeared to play on an island quite a bit last year. While I wasn't crazy about the pick, obviously if he plays like he did a couple years ago we got a 1st rounder in the 2nd. Right now, I'd just like to see him play well. The only comparison he has to Sherman right now is height/weight. But he also has great upside

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Aside from height they aren't very comparable players. Two different styles with very different strengths and weaknesses.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Aside from height they aren't very comparable players. Two different styles with very different strengths and weaknesses.
thats what i was thinking, amerson is a tall ballhawk but i never thought of him as a physical corner. sherman is a tall physical corner.

go-dj

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a better comparison be Antonio Cromartie? Or even Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a better comparison be Antonio Cromartie? Or even Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie?

Yup. Or if you take out the physical comparisons... Asante Samuel. A gamble that will try to make the big play, at the expense of giving one up.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we already have one of those? DHall come to mind?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his younger years. Now he tends to give up plays and not atone for them with making big plays himself.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually think that's an insult to Ameerson. Amerson actually has ball skills and can get turnovers. Sherman bases his whole game off of mugging WRs at the line. If he cant beat you up, he cant cover you. I reference the time when he went up against Megatron who basically took his lunch money.
amerson will be a good one i think. he's getting into a good system as long as we can get a decent pass rush for his rookie season. CB's need about 2 seasons to learn to how to cover in the NFL

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick, and dont want to compare him to anyone...I just want him to be the best Amerson he can be....Ball Hawking Corner, that can use his height to make plays.......I am tired of the shorter CB's.....and glad to see that we are looking for size as well......

He wont be the starter right away, but will get his playing time.......I believe when he is in the gmae..D Hall slides over to the slot, and I do like Dhall on the slot receiver as well........

With a better pass rush, the entire backside of the defense will be better, and I do believe he has all the makings of a good corner...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 catches, 46 yards, 0 tds. Nice reference.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick, and dont want to compare him to anyone...I just want him to be the best Amerson he can be....Ball Hawking Corner, that can use his height to make plays.......I am tired of the shorter CB's.....and glad to see that we are looking for size as well......

He wont be the starter right away, but will get his playing time.......I believe when he is in the gmae..D Hall slides over to the slot, and I do like Dhall on the slot receiver as well........

With a better pass rush, the entire backside of the defense will be better, and I do believe he has all the makings of a good corner...

Just like any position in football, it's all system-dependent. As a Seahawks fan, I love the big corners. Sherman can run and has great range due to his length and hips, but without the great safety play behind them, the big corners would not be as physical at the line. Most guys that big dont have his fluidity, like Browner and need that range provided behind them in order to make the system go. The Seahawks defense was built around what the safeties could do first and foremost.