• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is All This Melo Talk Depressing Anyone Else?

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we were in the same scenario last season, and we got nothing. Denver is getting offered four first round picks for Carmelo. Now Bosh, is no Carmelo, but surely we could have gotten a bunch of stuff for him. I mean, I'd have been very happy last year with a deal which sent like 3 1st rounders to Toronto.

Stupid Colangelo. If he drafts Penis Cunter, I'm going on the fan free agent market. San Antonio, and even the Clippers look more appealing than the Raptors at times.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i thought you like cunter? Personally im getting sick of this league in general, when im done with the raps i will be phasing out the league from my life to focus more on por n and womens tennis

it will always be about the money and illegal bets while the refs/league try there very best to pull off the scripted wwe outcome(even if it means letting the spurs win some years to throw people off all while placing illegal bets)

im thinking the leagues milking texas hard this year, anothers spurs or nazi nowitski appearance in the finals. get your jerseys, place your bets

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive never seen cunter play, but he's a non-atheltic 6"10 "center" which means hes another power forward. we already have THREE count 'em THREE young power forwards on the team. we need to draft kyrie irving, terrence jones, or harrison barnes. unless there's a stud center, we need to draft a sf or the best guard available.

but anyways, its pretty bad mis-mangement on colangelo's part to not know bosh was leaving, and get basically nothing for him. all he had to do was have a private meeting, and the raps could have 7 first round picks over the next two drafts.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whats the word, is colangelos desciple in denver going to make the same mistake after watching his boss shit the bed last season? they better dump him and by him i mean that bazooka nippled scoring machine carmelo athony

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we're talking furious, this article incensed me more than anything:

Raptors May Not Use Bosh Trade Exception
Feb 18, 2011 06:22 AM EST

The Raptors made sure to get some assets back in return when Chris Bosh left for Miami as a free agent last summer.

Toronto received two draft picks and a $14.5 million trade exception as part of the forward's departure.

The exception, which is now worth $12.2 million following another deal, allows the Raptors to take on that amount of extra salary in a trade under the current collective bargaining agreement.

As the Feb. 24 trade deadline approaches, the National Post writes that it will be hard for the Raptors to use the exception.

There are 10 teams with exceptions currently, while only Cleveland has one larger than Toronto.

“It’s tough to put a value on the trade exception, except to say that this year there seems to be fewer quality contracts available in the form of salary unloads because so many teams lined up to get under the [salary] cap last summer in the banner free-agent year that it was,” general manager Bryan Colangelo wrote in an email to the Post. “There are fewer [teams paying the tax] this year, as well, and most of them are contenders so [avoiding paying the tax] will be less common.

“Of course there are toxic deals available, but with good reason.”

Another reason why the Raptors are unlikely to use the exception is that they simply don't want to take on salary.
Via National Post

Read more: Raptors May Not Use Bosh Trade Exception - RealGM Wiretap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somebody explain this to me and let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly, but doesn't this basically mean that Colangelo fucked up? Why have a trade exception when we never needed to take on the TPE in the first place? Yeah, it's nice to have if we wanted to lure in talent this year or trade it for more picks, but Colangelo knew the talent pool would be slim to none in addition to the fact that there were less teams looking to fall under the cap this year. Then, why would Colangelo go through with the plan considering how worthless this TPE was??

Besides getting the pick we traded away back and Miami's low draft pick, the only other reason I could see Colangelo doing this is that Bosh has handcuffed Miami's finances with a max contract and Miami will have to be really creative in the next few years to get affordable talent in their prime. Having said that though, I really think Colangelo fucked this one up.

Our only consolation is that we have a ton of room for cap...that doesn't really help us though considering Colangelo has proved to fail on all of his trades and free agent acquisitions, and has been much more successful with his draft picks. In other words, yeah...we're financially flexible but we were going to be financially flexible anyway. It brings me back to the original question: does this mean that Colangelo basically fucked up?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
trade exceptions are pretty useless for a rebuilding team because your likely taking bcksomeody that is overpaid. I think if we were in playoff contention colangelo would be more inclined to make a lopsided trade in terms of salaries and add an overpaid talent but since the record has goneto shit and were 100% in rebuilding mode i'm not too surprised.

Colangeo fucked up by not trading bosh at the deadline but the trade exception was pretty useWe should just be happy we got picks because bosh could have just flat out walked considering he took a paycut anyways and getting go for the max 6 year(monsterous fuckup on his part thoguh who knows what nike is paying this trio and if they even set it all up for some extreme exposure)

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and by the way im reading reports on these boads that shotgun nipples has been traded

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carmelo Anthony Traded To Knicks
Feb 21, 2011 22:11 PM EST

Carmelo Anthony has been traded to the Knicks, according to a sources that spoke to the Denver Post and New York Daily News.

New York will give up Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Timofey Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry's expiring contract, their own first round pick in 2014, Golden State's second round picks in 2012 and 2013, and $3 million in cash.

Randolph and Curry will go to Minnesota.

Corey Brewer is also expected to be traded to the Nuggets.

Going to the Knicks with Anthony will be Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.
Via Denver Post

Read more: Carmelo Anthony Traded To Knicks - RealGM Wiretap

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah man they give up chandler too and even mozgov, one of the biggest weiners in the nba hands down

Felton has tits, galanari is a even dumber version of bargnani but all in all i would say colangelo's assistant has definitely sped up an inevitable rebuild.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody explain this to me and let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly, but doesn't this basically mean that Colangelo fucked up? Why have a trade exception when we never needed to take on the TPE in the first place? Yeah, it's nice to have if we wanted to lure in talent this year or trade it for more picks, but Colangelo knew the talent pool would be slim to none in addition to the fact that there were less teams looking to fall under the cap this year. Then, why would Colangelo go through with the plan considering how worthless this TPE was??

Besides getting the pick we traded away back and Miami's low draft pick, the only other reason I could see Colangelo doing this is that Bosh has handcuffed Miami's finances with a max contract and Miami will have to be really creative in the next few years to get affordable talent in their prime. Having said that though, I really think Colangelo fucked this one up.

Our only consolation is that we have a ton of room for cap...that doesn't really help us though considering Colangelo has proved to fail on all of his trades and free agent acquisitions, and has been much more successful with his draft picks. In other words, yeah...we're financially flexible but we were going to be financially flexible anyway. It brings me back to the original question: does this mean that Colangelo basically fucked up?

They couldn't have done the sign and trade without getting the trade exception. Otherwise Toronto would have had to take on a slew of contracts to match Bosh's new salary. In the big picture of course Colangelo screwed up, but he couldn't have got a much better deal from Miami that didn't include a TPE (unless of course you count Michael Beasley, but this has been discussed before)

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now MLSE are being pussies and would never go into the luxury tax (which is what would happen if they used the TPE) to bankroll a 20 win team. Even if there was a move that could help the raps long term but put them in the tax, there's no way MLSE would do it.

This is just another reason why stupid long term contracts are dumb, and why Colangelo needs to be taken out back, and shot in the face. If Bargnani was signed for 2 mill less a season (completely appropriate value) and we didn't do the Kleiza signing, we'd be 6 mill below the tax, and along with the TPE we'd have the flexibility to pull off some intriguing deals.

Most likely though Colangelo will make some dumb deal where he trades Cheeseburger and Amir for some generic foreign player (I'm feeling Kirilenko, or maybe Mosgov we haven't had a russian).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They couldn't have done the sign and trade without getting the trade exception. Otherwise Toronto would have had to take on a slew of contracts to match Bosh's new salary. In the big picture of course Colangelo screwed up, but he couldn't have got a much better deal from Miami that didn't include a TPE (unless of course you count Michael Beasley, but this has been discussed before)

But this is prefaced under the fact that Bosh wanted his max deal and Colangelo didn't want to just let him walk without anything, right? So essentially, in terms of physical players, we traded Bosh for two picks and some salary that worked to bring us Jerryd Bayless.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this is prefaced under the fact that Bosh wanted his max deal and Colangelo didn't want to just let him walk without anything, right? So essentially, in terms of physical players, we traded Bosh for two picks and some salary that worked to bring us Jerryd Bayless.

yes. it really wasn't bc's choice, the TPE was needed to make the deal work and was a nice bonus to the draft picks.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TPE's don't cost you anything either. not salary, they don't contribute to cap space, they are basically the equivalent of an expiring contract except they don't count towards your cap, you can break it into smaller pieces, and u don't have a player attached to it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TPE's don't cost you anything either. not salary, they don't contribute to cap space, they are basically the equivalent of an expiring contract except they don't count towards your cap, you can break it into smaller pieces, and u don't have a player attached to it.

Agreed, but it also isn't the "ace in the hand" that Colangelo hinted at earlier in the season either. It could've been given the right climate, but it definitely does not look like it's going to be too big of a factor come trade deadline. This is unless Bayless becomes a stud PG which then I will willingly eat my words.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but it also isn't the "ace in the hand" that Colangelo hinted at earlier in the season either. It could've been given the right climate, but it definitely does not look like it's going to be too big of a factor come trade deadline. This is unless Bayless becomes a stud PG which then I will willingly eat my words.

oh ok. ya. that was complete bullshit. so many teams had TPE's going into the season, and like cw said ur only picking up people's scraps anyways which aren't terribly useful in a rebuild