• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is all defensive team just stupid?

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just wasting time again and comparing jordan to kobe.....Kobe has more all defensive first team selections.....He's a good defensive player but nothing special...he's never led the leagues in steals or even been close.....blocks...not close....and his on the ball defense is good but nothing amazing.....then I looked at this(Link Below)....how crazy is it that jordan averaged 2.35 steals per game....stockton is just a freak of nature.....but kobe only averages 1.49.....all defensive team is pretty much stupid....it's really whose good at defense and an allstar....kobe should not be on the all defensive first team list...

Remember Alvin Robertson....raptors superstar.....2.71 steals per game....thats crazy....no defensive team nominations.....

NBA.com

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most awards in the NBA are just a popularity contest.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
couldn't waste a defensive award on alvin robertson, zero jersey sales

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it's crazy that he was at 2.71 and jordan was at 2.35 when you consider two seasons of jordans career he was a wizard and averaging 1 steal a game.....

doug christie was a sweet on the ball defender as well.....after seeing kobe on the all defensive team....that just pissed me off.....i love kobe.....i think he's awesome....but he's not a good defender and aside from this year he has always shot a pretty crappy percentage.......

I cant believe jordan shot 55% from the field and average 35.5 pt/gm one season....thats just crazy......

other thing I noticed was the carter is up there in the all time league leaders in 3 pt field goals made......he's even better then jordan....

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this says more about how overrated kobe is than the all defence team really. everyone wanted to build kobe up as the next jordan, so they give him all the awards and attention even though he doesn't deserve it.

i hate kobe

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think this says more about how overrated kobe is than the all defence team really. everyone wanted to build kobe up as the next jordan, so they give him all the awards and attention even though he doesn't deserve it.

i hate kobe

i agree but jordan had the same treatment. Jordan invented the colby call, or possibly bill russell