• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iowa will win the national championship in 2021

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if one school was going to do it next year it would be Iowa. Probably one of only a few schools that will be top 10-15 prearason in all 3. Iowa, Ohio St, Wisconsin. Thats probably the list but Iowa is more of a favorite in wrestling than anyone else in any of the other sports

I don't know jack about college wrestling, but teams that can be top 25 in both cbb and cfb, I'd have as the following:

OSU
Michigan
Wisconsin
Florida
Iowa
Tennessee
Oregon

Maybe Texas, OU and Minnesota if Oturu comes back.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah. No one has good odds to get to the FF lol. Even the best teams preseason will be +400 or more . That shits tough to do

Well I mean you just guaranteed they would win it lmao.

And by great odds I mean, give me the current odds. And I’ll add couple hundred

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean you just guaranteed they would win it lmao.

And by great odds I mean, give me the current odds. And I’ll add couple hundred
Id take that bet!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth 247 has Iowa #9. All the early Top 25s have Iowa as the B10s top ranked team with Wisky. OSU and MSU in all the top 20s as well

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You heard it hear first. Dont say you werent warned

Sorry Wisky won it

Wisconsin wins national title

Wisconsin wins national title...sort of

MADISON, Wis., WMTV -- The Wisconsin Badger’s men’s basketball team have won the national championship!

Well, kinda.

ESPN simulated the 2020 tournament and it turns out the No. 4 seeded Badgers won the title.

ESPN’s Joe Lunardi chose his field of 64 teams to make up the tournament. The Badgers earned a number 4 seed in the Midwest region. ESPN then used their Basketball Power Index to decide who would win…hypothetically.

First up, Wisconsin vs. No. 13 North Texas:

“Both of these teams are among the 16-slowest pace squads in the country, but Wisconsin's decent offense is a mismatch against a weak North Texas offense. The Badgers gradually extend their lead over the course of the game, which is never really in doubt,”

In the second round, the Badgers are up against No. 12 Liberty. Wisconsin comes out on top.

“The Flames had their moment, but they won't reach the second weekend. They hung tough with the Badgers and kept the scoring margin within single digits, but Greg Gard's defense helped keep Liberty from ever making a late charge,”

This is where it gets interesting. In the Sweet 16, Wisconsin takes on No. 9 Marquette for a battle over America’s Dairyland.

“Wouldn't this be something: an all-Wisconsin showdown in the Sweet 16. Wisconsin is favored and ... just like that, Markus Howard and Marquette's Cinderella run comes to a screeching halt. Nate Reuvers records a couple of key blocks down the stretch as Wisconsin's defense comes through again,”

On to the Elite Eight now. The Badgers are paired up against perennial powerhouse No. 3 Duke.

"D'Mitrik Trice knocks down a 3 at the horn to put the Badgers over the top and win by one ... they're going to the Final Four! They took down Mike Krzyzewski, Carey, Tre Jones and the rest of the Blue Devils ... just barely. But they're through,”

It’s another Final Four appearance for Wisconsin. In this simulation, it’s a Big Ten battle against No. 4 Maryland.

“Maryland falls behind early but makes a late run and pulls ahead in the final minute. But in the final seconds, history repeats itself: Brad Davison knocks down a 3 to put the Badgers up at the very end, just as he did when these two schools played in January. A half-court heave from the Terps is off the mark, and Wisconsin, improbably, is headed to the national championship.”

Now to the big tamale. The National Championship against No. 6 BYU

"The Badgers have done it! In the college basketball season that made no sense, Wisconsin has come out of (relatively) nowhere to take the national championship. The Badgers had less than a 1% chance to pull off this feat entering the tourney. It's a team effort, but Nate Reuvers leads Wisconsin with 16 points. Gard is lauded for getting his group to play their best when it mattered the most. This is a team that did not begin the season in the AP's Top 25 and only barely cracked it in the last set of rankings. Not that any of that matters, because the Badgers are now (simulated) champions!"

According to ESPN, Kansas had the greatest chance of winning the title at 18%.

The tournament never happened but you can always wonder “what if”…

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth 247 has Iowa #9. All the early Top 25s have Iowa as the B10s top ranked team with Wisky. OSU and MSU in all the top 20s as well

With Garza, they're a Top 10 team, I just can't remember the last time a player of the year stayed in school.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Garza, they're a Top 10 team, I just can't remember the last time a player of the year stayed in school.
Probably the last time they werent a 1st round projected pick. So never? Lol

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Wisky won it

Wisconsin wins national title

Wisconsin wins national title...sort of

MADISON, Wis., WMTV -- The Wisconsin Badger’s men’s basketball team have won the national championship!

Well, kinda.

ESPN simulated the 2020 tournament and it turns out the No. 4 seeded Badgers won the title.

ESPN’s Joe Lunardi chose his field of 64 teams to make up the tournament. The Badgers earned a number 4 seed in the Midwest region. ESPN then used their Basketball Power Index to decide who would win…hypothetically.

First up, Wisconsin vs. No. 13 North Texas:

“Both of these teams are among the 16-slowest pace squads in the country, but Wisconsin's decent offense is a mismatch against a weak North Texas offense. The Badgers gradually extend their lead over the course of the game, which is never really in doubt,”

In the second round, the Badgers are up against No. 12 Liberty. Wisconsin comes out on top.

“The Flames had their moment, but they won't reach the second weekend. They hung tough with the Badgers and kept the scoring margin within single digits, but Greg Gard's defense helped keep Liberty from ever making a late charge,”

This is where it gets interesting. In the Sweet 16, Wisconsin takes on No. 9 Marquette for a battle over America’s Dairyland.

“Wouldn't this be something: an all-Wisconsin showdown in the Sweet 16. Wisconsin is favored and ... just like that, Markus Howard and Marquette's Cinderella run comes to a screeching halt. Nate Reuvers records a couple of key blocks down the stretch as Wisconsin's defense comes through again,”

On to the Elite Eight now. The Badgers are paired up against perennial powerhouse No. 3 Duke.

"D'Mitrik Trice knocks down a 3 at the horn to put the Badgers over the top and win by one ... they're going to the Final Four! They took down Mike Krzyzewski, Carey, Tre Jones and the rest of the Blue Devils ... just barely. But they're through,”

It’s another Final Four appearance for Wisconsin. In this simulation, it’s a Big Ten battle against No. 4 Maryland.

“Maryland falls behind early but makes a late run and pulls ahead in the final minute. But in the final seconds, history repeats itself: Brad Davison knocks down a 3 to put the Badgers up at the very end, just as he did when these two schools played in January. A half-court heave from the Terps is off the mark, and Wisconsin, improbably, is headed to the national championship.”

Now to the big tamale. The National Championship against No. 6 BYU

"The Badgers have done it! In the college basketball season that made no sense, Wisconsin has come out of (relatively) nowhere to take the national championship. The Badgers had less than a 1% chance to pull off this feat entering the tourney. It's a team effort, but Nate Reuvers leads Wisconsin with 16 points. Gard is lauded for getting his group to play their best when it mattered the most. This is a team that did not begin the season in the AP's Top 25 and only barely cracked it in the last set of rankings. Not that any of that matters, because the Badgers are now (simulated) champions!"

According to ESPN, Kansas had the greatest chance of winning the title at 18%.

The tournament never happened but you can always wonder “what if”…

image.png

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ACC had 4 of the top 16 teams in the final AP Poll, and pretty much everyone said the ACC was down

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC had 4 of the top 16 teams in the final AP Poll, and pretty much everyone said the ACC was down
I never really bought into that. Thd depth wasnt as good as usual but the league was still great at the top

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really bought into that. Thd depth wasnt as good as usual but the league was still great at the top

Compared to three #1 seeds the year before, the league was down.

I mean there's a down standard for the ACC and a down standard for every other league...

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to three #1 seeds the year before, the league was down.

I mean there's a down standard for the ACC and a down standard for every other league...

We may see four Top 10 teams next season out of the ACC, maybe five

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the optimism, but I'm not buying into it. I trust Franball like oldtimer trusts his farts aren't going to leave a stain.

Fran's brand is too inconsistent to put any real faith into. Undisciplined, poor fundamentals and crappy defense.