• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting read.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm trying to post is a link to a bleacherreport.com article about NHL 2020 plans.

Apparently their some Owners wanting a shutdown.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a shut down might be a good move if they think they can have a normal or almost normal 2021 season. Skip a half year season and go into the following with the idea of a full regular season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the link that Judge is referring to. (had to use tinyurl to make it visible).

https://SportsHoopla.com/yyjgvsav

TinyURL no longer works with the upgrade - Poop.

Copied and pasted:

According to Emily Kaplan and Greg Wyshynski of ESPN, multiple owners have argued the NHL will be "better off financially if it shuts down next season" instead of playing in empty arenas as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Commissioner Gary Bettman has reportedly disagreed with this mindset, claiming that would do more long-term damage to the sport similar to the result of lockout seasons.

Though there could still be a shortened season, league sources reportedly believe 48 games will represent the "absolute minimum."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good without any more empty arena sports tbh. I’ve basically stopped watching soccer unless my team is playing or it’s a colossal matchup. I keep RedZone on in the background on Sundays as I sort my Beanie Babies by name but otherwise the NFL is useless to me. NBA players aren’t even hiding their disinterest in returning to play before things go back to normal. I wouldn’t have been able to tell ya who won the World Series if Justin Turner didn’t try to wipe out a species. The only thing that’s even somewhat normal is F1.

Just stop trying. The shitty ratings showed that we don’t actually need sports as much as we thought right now.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this won't be called a lockout on a technicality? So its a Technical Lockout then.

/but if they do cancel the season, we can still blame Craig Leipold and those twin contracts he gave to Parise and Suter, right?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this won't be called a lockout on a technicality? So its a Technical Lockout then.

/but if they do cancel the season, we can still blame Craig Leipold and those twin contracts he gave to Parise and Suter, right?

ValuableObeseImpala-max-1mb.gif

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m good without any more empty arena sports tbh. I’ve basically stopped watching soccer unless my team is playing or it’s a colossal matchup. I keep RedZone on in the background on Sundays as I sort my Beanie Babies by name but otherwise the NFL is useless to me. NBA players aren’t even hiding their disinterest in returning to play before things go back to normal. I wouldn’t have been able to tell ya who won the World Series if Justin Turner didn’t try to wipe out a species. The only thing that’s even somewhat normal is F1.

Just stop trying. The shitty ratings showed that we don’t actually need sports as much as we thought right now.

Baseball and hockey are my two favorite sports, but they were both all but unwatchable. Auto racing has been enjoyable and football is watchable. Basketball is a who cares sport to me.

Even if it is every third seat, bring the fans back to the arenas.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the link that Judge is referring to. (had to use tinyurl to make it visible).

TinyURL no longer works with the upgrade - Poop.

Copied and pasted:

According to Emily Kaplan and Greg Wyshynski of ESPN, multiple owners have argued the NHL will be "better off financially if it shuts down next season" instead of playing in empty arenas as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Commissioner Gary Bettman has reportedly disagreed with this mindset, claiming that would do more long-term damage to the sport similar to the result of lockout seasons.

Though there could still be a shortened season, league sources reportedly believe 48 games will represent the "absolute minimum."

Yes sir.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blame the Tampa Bay Lightning. Every time they win the cup, the next season gets shitcanned.

Fuck Kucherov

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have Bayern on record. Won't record it all as a series? Anyway...

I never watched NFL for crowds and such anyway as I always record and don't really see them. I watch so many games and so quickly the crowd doesn't even factor to me.

Yesterday for whatever reason my PVR did not record the F1 race. I was choked and almost looked up the result. Then thought TSN re-broadcast and BINGO it was on at 7 PM my time on TSN 2.

So I'd have something good to watch since the Dallas Cowboys were shitting the bed on the other TSN channel. Maintained radio silence by watching 7 NFL games. Slid into the evening nicely with the time change and all.

Plum tuckered out around 11 P PST after a full day in front of the tube.

I don't need fans. I'm a fan. I can see it. I'm happy.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Football on TV the fan's really are not part of it. Watching the NHL w/o fans in the stands make me think I am watching a twitch stream of someone play NHL 21.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the cardboard cutouts and piped in noise.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cardboard cutouts don't bang on the glass, so that's a definite plus.
Yet. Check your mailbox, sending you some blueprints I've been working on.