• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting read

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocrity is the norm here now, nothing seems to be able to change it

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocrity is the norm here now, nothing seems to be able to change it
Some people seem to think that all we need is to find a great QB and everything will be better.

I guess because people would rather believe that all the team needs is one player rather than wholesale changes

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people seem to think that all we need is to find a great QB and everything will be better.

I guess because people would rather believe that all the team needs is one player rather than wholesale changes
Well, a great QB always helps, but we have other issues also, like running backs rolling over us every game, shits been going on for years now ..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a great QB always helps, but we have other issues also, like running backs rolling over us every game, shits been going on for years now ..
Still in the middle of a rebuild, only had 2 games where a RB rushed for a 100 yards this season, both those games were against two of the best rushing teams in the league. Need a QB and improve the OL and think the results would be a lot better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a above average QB makes this team playoff worthy but we do need a little more on defense. DL and SS/FS upgrades. Also a stud linebacker that can run.

Back end is in decline, Bobby has lost a couple steps and the Dline isn't consistent enough against the run. Depending on where we pick I might go MLB/S first before qb.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a above average QB makes this team playoff worthy but we do need a little more on defense. DL and SS/FS upgrades. Also a stud linebacker that can run.

Back end is in decline, Bobby has lost a couple steps and the Dline isn't consistent enough against the run. Depending on where we pick I might go MLB/S first before qb.

A Pro Bowl caliber QB gets us maybe 2 more wins this season.

Our OL looked really good early in the year but has been atrocious the past few games. Couple that with a QB who really struggles when pressured and an offensive scheme that seems to think that the only solution to pressure is keeping more guys in to protect and we have what are offense is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bobby can't cover receivers very well any more and teams know this and make use of it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that jumps out at me on that chart is the better performing defenses -- Cleveland, SF, Balt -- are also recent opponents. Geno's numbers have taken a pretty strong hit since right before the Cleveland game. I agree he isn't playing as well as last year, but the opponents do matter as well. Through 6 games, his overall #s looked pretty close in the major categories to what he did overall in 2022. He's fallen off that pace at the same time we've been playing top defenses. Probably something to that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that jumps out at me on that chart is the better performing defenses -- Cleveland, SF, Balt -- are also recent opponents. Geno's numbers have taken a pretty strong hit since right before the Cleveland game. I agree he isn't playing as well as last year, but the opponents do matter as well. Through 6 games, his overall #s looked pretty close in the major categories to what he did overall in 2022. He's fallen off that pace at the same time we've been playing top defenses. Probably something to that.

He fell off in the 2nd half of last season also. Had he stayed on the same pace as the first 6 to 7 games for all off 2022 he might have won offensive player of the year. Geno is more the qb we have seen for the past season and a half not the on we saw for a half season last year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not, "always"... I wouldn't say Herbert is too successful for the Rams... I'm kind of beginning to think he may be a bit overrated as well... Not playing up to expectations...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not, "always"... I wouldn't say Herbert is too successful for the Rams... I'm kind of beginning to think he may be a bit overrated as well... Not playing up to expectations...

I think that fans often overstate the importance of a QB.

QBs are the single most important player on the team. But the 21 other players also matter a lot.

If we were to portion out a percentage of importance each position has with a basis of 25 players(starting 11 on O and D plus punter, kicker and long snapper) then you would probably have something like

LS - <1%
Punter <1%
Kicker 1%

and so on until you get to the top end where a DE might represent 5% of the total and QB would represent 10 or 15%. That's a huge number but it isn't nearly the end all be all that a lot of fans assume.

Brock Purdy is playing at an MVP level. Take Brock Purdy and place him on Carolina and would he even be starting?

When we traded Russ we accepted that we were unlikely to have a top level QB for the foreseeable future. The only this team could succeed would be having really good talent all over the roster AND the coaches to do their job well.

IMO, I just don't think is willing to adapt his game to the players he has.