• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

interesting quotes from Caleb Miller

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are some thoughts from former Bengals LB Caleb Miller:

On Dalton vs Palmer: "Dalton will likely be a solid QB in the NFL after this year, but he will NEVER even come close to being as good a QB as Palmer"

On Mallett vs Dalton and Newton: "I did see Mallet and he's a better choice than either of these two at this point in their collective development."

On Carson vs Mike Brown: "And for a grand finale, Carson was given exactly jack squat by the Browns. He pushed for so many changes and never saw one come to fruition that I can think of. For example: the food we ate at the stadium was some of the worst food I've ever had in my life (below the quality of my crappy UofArkansas mess hall). You would think an NFL team would not only demand excellence in all areas of its business, but from a practicality standpoint-- feed its 'livestock' something of high quality and nutrition.
Granted, that's a trivial example, but that's the point!!! If they can't change something as basic as the food, nothing will ever change. I could again go on forever, but I have a life to tend to. Just thought if you were a real Bengals fan, you deserve to know the truth (i.e. it's not my rebuttal, not trying to 'tell you how it is,' just stating facts). It's Mike Brown's money and Mike Brown's decisions to make. But he's DEAD WRONG for not letting Carson go (most notably because Carson only re-signed with an agreement that there would be big changes, which of course never happened)"

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
was it from a radio interview? this is the first I'm seeing it

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, it was on a football forum that Cris Collinsworth started. He, Turk Schonert, Dave Lapham, Phil McConkey, and a few others, including Caleb Miller contribute on.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oh the footballpros site? i visit there from time to time. I'll have to check out the interview

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, it's in a few different threads. I just culled through his threads to give the interesting parts.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The one titled Question for the Pros is the one with the Carson quote.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he comes across as an articulate, opinionated guy in his posts. I wouldn't be suprised if he has a future analyzing the game.. good stuff... hope he's wrong about Dalton though..

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, we'll see. He's not the prototypical big, strong-armed QB, but if he can be accurate and make good decisions, he can be very good.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb Miller - Great pick Marvin! That guy sucked.

That said, I wish more former Bengals would speak up about Mike Brown. Guys like Willie Anderson and John Thorton have a pretty big media presence, but rarely say anything negative about Mike Brown. Boomer has his moments, but normally stops short of calling out the organization.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Granted, that's a trivial example, but that's the point!!! If they can't change something as basic as the food, nothing will ever change. I could again go on forever, but I have a life to tend to. Just thought if you were a real Bengals fan, you deserve to know the truth (i.e. it's not my rebuttal, not trying to 'tell you how it is,' just stating facts). It's Mike Brown's money and Mike Brown's decisions to make. But he's DEAD WRONG for not letting Carson go (most notably because Carson only re-signed with an agreement that there would be big changes, which of course never happened)"

So much for the argument that Palmer knew of the Bengal's history and shouldn't have extended his contract with the Bengals if he was just going to quit.

Looks like he was promised things by Brown that Brown didn't hold his end on.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, and I would assume Miller would know. He was there at that time. I found it highly intriguing.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So much for the argument that Palmer knew of the Bengal's history and shouldn't have extended his contract with the Bengals if he was just going to quit.Looks like he was promised things by Brown that Brown didn't hold his end on.

I'm suprised that a guy like Boomer wouldn't have warned him to work in some sort of contract opt-out

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Caleb Miller - Great pick Marvin! That guy sucked.

That said, I wish more former Bengals would speak up about Mike Brown. Guys like Willie Anderson and John Thorton have a pretty big media presence, but rarely say anything negative about Mike Brown. Boomer has his moments, but normally stops short of calling out the organization.

Anderson works for/with the organization. No way he says anything. Reading some of Thornton's blogs, seems like at times he starts scratching the surface, but never really divulges further.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somebody should have warned him what he was getting himself into.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm suprised that a guy like Boomer wouldn't have warned him to work in some sort of contract opt-out

I think it was one of those things that happened fairly quickly. The Bengals were headed to the playoffs and Brown offered an as-good-as-you-can-get deal. I don't recall the contract talks going public before it happened.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His agent is the real criminal here..... He wasn't due any new money until Carson signed a new deal.... The agent worked out the deal, had Carson sign it (even without any opt-outs in the case that the Bengals didn't improve operations) and he walked away with a huge payday.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it was one of those things that happened fairly quickly. The Bengals were headed to the playoffs and Brown offered an as-good-as-you-can-get deal. I don't recall the contract talks going public before it happened.

I'm remember reading in articles from that era that Palmer and Boomer talked on a regular basis. weekly calls after the game etc..

I understand things were going great, it was a great deal etc.. I guess hindsight's always 20/20, but given MB's track record there should have been some type of safegaurd.. hopefully Luck takes note

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His agent is the real criminal here..... He wasn't due any new money until Carson signed a new deal.... The agent worked out the deal, had Carson sign it (even without any opt-outs in the case that the Bengals didn't improve operations) and he walked away with a huge payday.

Can't say I disagree.

However, I think it'd be pretty hard to negotiate an opt-out clause based on "improved operations". That's very subjective.