• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting graphic of the remaining teams

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically being in the green is where you want to be to win a championship….

CAzn5QcVAAEAmXU.png:large

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the top right corner is the place to be, but I think as long as you're above the diagonal going from top-left to bottom-right (the Vicky Mendoza diagonal) you should be okay. Under that line and you have problems.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reminder that they put the top three teams on the same side of the bracket. Good job, committee!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another reminder that they put the top three teams on the same side of the bracket. Good job, committee!

Seriously. I was so pissed when I found out we were in Wisconsin's region again. I mean, I really do have UK, AZ and WIS as the top 3 teams overall and to put them all on the same side was frustrating… I wanted Nova to be 1 seed out West and Wisky to get the hell out of AZ's side of the bracket if UK was already on that side.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called Nova and Virginia's side the easiest path for a while now. I had them both losing the Sweet 16 and they one upped me lost a round earlier. That was such a mistake by the committee.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The graph is consistent with the facts that KY and AZ are presumably the teams most favored to win it all.

Because the graph is based on the entire season to date, however, ignoring which teams have perhaps jelled at the right time, it doesn't show how well teams like Duke, WVU and NC State are currently playing.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
graphs confuse me

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The graph is consistent with the facts that KY and AZ are presumably the teams most favored to win it all.

Because the graph is based on the entire season to date, however, ignoring which teams have perhaps jelled at the right time, it doesn't show how well teams like Duke, WVU and NC State are currently playing.

For sure, whenever a team is playing well at the right time that can make a huge difference as we've seen almost every year.

But, I'd say AZ & UK are both playing very well right now too and have the reg season stats to further solidify their dominance. Wisconsin hasn't looked too amazing, not bad either but they did run into a hot Oregon team. I think their next game is huge for them to look like the dominant Wisky team we saw all season long.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the other way. Top left to bottom right. No?

The Vicky Mendoza line (not arrow) goes from top-left to bottom-right. Above is good (or "gud" for the sake of simplified diagrams) and below is bad, so the general trend arrow of bad -> good starts in the lower left and moves to the upper right.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said, I can say that AZ has improved quite a bit since early Feb. I can't speak to much else, but I also don't think that GU or Utah are playing their best right now (just from what I have seen from them over the course of the year), imo.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I can say that AZ has improved quite a bit since early Feb. I can't speak to much else, but I also don't think that GU or Utah are playing their best right now (just from what I have seen from them over the course of the year), imo.

Since the issue of trending was brought up.. here is a post from another thread that can help with that... (it has most of the Sweet 16 teams included)

Wanna see how your team is trending in the Trolly Index over the last 8 weeks? Well here ya go. this is the Top 39 teams receiving votes in the AP Poll this week and their performance in the Trolly index.

Top 1-10
gjwKcb8.png

Top 11-20
6STMLKu.png

Top 21-30
ztXLX4R.png

Top 31-39
7V7en6M.png

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the issue of trending was brought up.. here is a post from another thread that can help with that... (it has most of the Sweet 16 teams included)

Yeah, that's kind of how I saw it as well. Neither team is doing bad (Utah and GU), obviously, but it seemed like they are not rising like some others.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid graph.
AS I said before the tourney, Go Zags!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid graph.

My god, it's like Christmas.

Don't worry buddy. If you're looking for ASU on their, just keep looking lower, and further left. Find it yet? A little lower... a liiiiiiiiittle lower... keep going... you'll find it eventually....

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, it's like Christmas.

Don't worry buddy. If you're looking for ASU on their, just keep looking lower, and further left. Find it yet? A little lower... a liiiiiiiiittle lower... keep going... you'll find it eventually....

stupid graph.

Yeah, dumb graphs with all those facts, statistics, and actual data to better inform the situation. Geez, why would we want to know more about what we're discussing. Gosh, can't we just talk out of our asses without actually basing it on empirical understandings and yet also understanding that it's not predictive. Damn, I just wanted to come on here and say some shit, you know, without actually contributing at all to the discussion. But here you guys are, talking time out of your own fucking days to construct, or even just post some shit that could help some of us know more about CBB, on an actual CBB forum.

You're right Fork, stupid graphs, indeed. Man, and to think, I had you pegged all wrong this whole time.