• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting blog post by Mike Sando

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the NFC West: 49ers key points - NFC West Blog - ESPN

The multiple culpability for the fumble wasn't that interesting since we've all rehashed it to death, but the part I twigged to was where Sando talked about how the 49er players often said the Rams were in the perfect defense for what they were calling, how Smith was very good at adjusting at the line of scrimmage and that Kaep is still learning that skill. I trust that given Kaep's reported worth ethic and Harbaugh's detail oriented approach with qbs that that is something they will go over this week. But that may be a problem for us as Kaep is learning on the job and is facing some really good defensive coordinators in Bellichek and Pete Carroll.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was telling my brother yesterday. It shouldn't have been grounding. That was a pretty big play but the game still should have been won. I was still pissed though.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I agree with Matt Maiocco that Kaep's game was "ok", he did some good things and obvious bad things. I don't think this means they should go back to Smith, but it's something to watch for and work on. The obvious way to play young quarterbacks is to blitz them and not give them a comfortable time to think in the pocket -- Kaep had all day with Chicago but not here. The other thing is that Kaep did bounce back after the botched pitch and led them to a score, and should have led them to another score in overtime, on the road, hostile environment, on a team that is not only expecting to go to the playoffs, but also win the division and get a bye. I think that's a pretty good showing of his mental toughness.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I agree with Matt Maiocco that Kaep's game was "ok", he did some good things and obvious bad things. I don't think this means they should go back to Smith, but it's something to watch for and work on. The obvious way to play young quarterbacks is to blitz them and not give them a comfortable time to think in the pocket -- Kaep had all day with Chicago but not here. The other thing is that Kaep did bounce back after the botched pitch and led them to a score, and should have led them to another score in overtime, on the road, hostile environment, on a team that is not only expecting to go to the playoffs, but also win the division and get a bye. I think that's a pretty good showing of his mental toughness.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how he reacts next week. First time as a starter he was in a dog fight and lost. I think they will beat Miami soundly next week. I hope so, because I am going to the game.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how he reacts next week. First time as a starter he was in a dog fight and lost. I think they will beat Miami soundly next week. I hope so, because I am going to the game.

I don't think so. They're going to play us tough. Our skills players are banged up. We will need Gore badly on this one. With all that said, I agree with you in that we will come out with the victory.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. They're going to play us tough. Our skills players are banged up. We will need Gore badly on this one. With all that said, I agree with you in that we will come out with the victory.

The reason I think it will be a good win is cause the team always seems to respond after a game like yesterday. Seem to get pissed off. They get that chip that they played with all of last year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Around the NFC West: 49ers key points - NFC West Blog - ESPN

The multiple culpability for the fumble wasn't that interesting since we've all rehashed it to death, but the part I twigged to was where Sando talked about how the 49er players often said the Rams were in the perfect defense for what they were calling, how Smith was very good at adjusting at the line of scrimmage and that Kaep is still learning that skill. I trust that given Kaep's reported worth ethic and Harbaugh's detail oriented approach with qbs that that is something they will go over this week. But that may be a problem for us as Kaep is learning on the job and is facing some really good defensive coordinators in Bellichek and Pete Carroll.

That should come with time and experience...........We'll see. His inexperience was clearly evident in the Rams game when he continually stuck with the called running play with nine in the box. That was really poor recognition.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Manningham out that is going to force the coaching staff to try and devise some ways to get the ball to Davis. This will be a big test as to their skill to devise such a plan. I expect Kaepernick to struggle but I think the defense can bottle up Miami; perhaps even shut them out as long as the O doesn't cough up the ball.