• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting article about Wilson...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh we'll see.

Tarvaris went 7-7 with a torn pec in his throwing arm and a defense that wasn't as good as 2011. No Bennett, Wagner >>>> Hawthorne, Aaron Curry was still starting (shudder) and Avril wasn't here either (nothing beat that rotation of Avril, Bennett, Clemons, that was Madden hacks).

Charlie f'ing Whitehurst went 0-2 and laid one of the biggest Seahawk QB eggs of all time at Cleveland no less.

Tarvaris Jackson was garbage. Torn pec or not, he seldom threw the ball 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. His stat line looks a lot better than it was to actually watch him play, he was extremely mediocre. Some of the blame can be put on the coordinator, but Jackson looked like a scared chicken every time he dropped back. The Seahawks would've been better had they simply given Matt Hasselbeck that 3 year $21m deal. If they had him, they at least would've gone 9-7 that year. The Seahawks lost 5 games by 6 or less points that year, if they had a better QB things would've been a lot different that year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give a guy $25m a year if he hit 40 HRs with an OPS of .900 year in and year out.
Didn't turn out to be the savior they wanted. In fact he kind of screwed them over and forced a trade.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So if RW wants $25 million and isn't backing down. What do the Seahawks do IYO?

Hard to say because I believe Wilson's asking price has completely caught the Seahawks off guard and it doesn't sound like he's budging on it.

Contract talks between Wilson, Seahawks to end at start of camp - NFL.com

Wilson is an anomaly because he doesn't put up 4,000 yards and 30+ TD like other elite QBs nor is the team really constructed in a way that the QB and the offense carries the team.

I think they will eventually swallow that bitter pill and pay him and figure out what to do later. They are a defensive team so they could just draft and coach guys up to get cheaper there.

The only reason you get an extension done early is to get a discount but if Wilson isn't offering a discount I don't see the deal getting done this year and they'll likely lock him up with a franchise tag next season while working on a mega deal.

BUT it wouldn't be a total shock to me if they pass on paying Wilson. They do want a strong defense and ball control kind of team and locking up Wilson to that much money would compromise that to a certain extent and while I know the Seahawks love Wilson I just don't know if they love him $25 million dollars much.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say because I believe Wilson's asking price has completely caught the Seahawks off guard and it doesn't sound like he's budging on it.

Wilson is an anomaly because he doesn't put up 4,000 yards and 30+ TD like other elite QBs nor is the team really constructed in a way that the QB and the offense carries the team.

I think they will eventually swallow that bitter pill and pay him and figure out what to do later. They are a defensive team so they could just draft and coach guys up to get cheaper there.

The only reason you get an extension done early is to get a discount but if Wilson isn't offering a discount I don't see the deal getting done this year and they'll likely lock him up with a franchise tag next season while working on a mega deal.

BUT it wouldn't be a total shock to me if they pass on paying Wilson. They do want a strong defense and ball control kind of team and locking up Wilson to that much money would compromise that to a certain extent and while I know the Seahawks love Wilson I just don't know if they love him $25 million dollars much.

I would be shocked if the Hawks FO passed on paying RW. I just can't see them letting him walk cause he's a major reason why this franchise is very successful. In the end it's very possible the Hawks do bite the bullet and cave to the 23 to 25 mil per yr which I believe RW's still worth it considering our history of QB's and success that he has brought to us.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It shouldn't catch them off guard. I seriously doubt that the Hawks ever expected this deal to be quick, or cheap. He has a certain amount of leverage, and he's not hurting for cash. Why would anyone budge on a negotiation in which your received offers keep going up, until you absolutely need to?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I actually think RW asking price did catch the front office by surprise, but really makes no difference. Signing him is the only thing that makes sense.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh we'll see.

Tarvaris went 7-7 with a torn pec in his throwing arm and a defense that wasn't as good as 2011. No Bennett, Wagner >>>> Hawthorne, Aaron Curry was still starting (shudder) and Avril wasn't here either (nothing beat that rotation of Avril, Bennett, Clemons, that was Madden hacks).

Charlie f'ing Whitehurst went 0-2 and laid one of the biggest Seahawk QB eggs of all time at Cleveland no less.

OMG'sh... You just had to go and remind me of that 6-3 drubbing we took in Cleveland... I think we would've won that game had we had Stan Gelbaugh... That's how bad Clipboard Jesus was...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG'sh... You just had to go and remind me of that 6-3 drubbing we took in Cleveland... I think we would've won that game had we had Stan Gelbaugh... That's how bad Clipboard Jesus was...
Clipboard Jesus was the worse QB I think I ever saw play. How he keeps getting these contracts are a mystery to me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I actually think RW asking price did catch the front office by surprise, but really makes no difference. Signing him is the only thing that makes sense.

I think theyd be surprised If he actually stands by it and wants to be the highest paid player by a rediculous amount. But at this point they can't be shocked at him reaching for the stars, just like he shouldn't have been shocked at the low ball numbers that were reported at the start the offseason. I'm sure Schneider deals with a lot of asking prices that are too high, we just don't hear about them.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clipboard Jesus was the worse QB I think I ever saw play. How he keeps getting these contracts are a mystery to me.

I agree... He makes so much money for doing nothing...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think theyd be surprised If he actually stands by it and wants to be the highest paid player by a rediculous amount. But at this point they can't be shocked at him reaching for the stars, just like he shouldn't have been shocked at the low ball numbers that were reported at the start the offseason. I'm sure Schneider deals with a lot of asking prices that are too high, we just don't hear about them.
Oh I think both parties involved now know how things stand, but still I think the front office thought at first that this would get done in no time, no biggie, they will just adjust to the situation and have.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, Stan was...well...Stan. A Gelbaugh through and through.
He steered us into our 2-14 season without fear.
Study his stat line. It was incredible.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had some God awful QBs over time. Someone should start a poll for worse ever, I betting lots of folks would chip in to that poll.

flight104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all this media coverage about Wilson's contract, does anyone know why we are not hearing non stop talk about Luck's contract?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all this media coverage about Wilson's contract, does anyone know why we are not hearing non stop talk about Luck's contract?

Because, Luck is signed through 2016, where Russell is only signed through this season. Being a first round pick, Luck had a fifth year option that will pay him $16 million in 2016, something not available for the Seahawks and Russell Wilson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait tell next off season, then Luck's contract will be all over the news.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think both parties involved now know how things stand, but still I think the front office thought at first that this would get done in no time, no biggie, they will just adjust to the situation and have.

I would have thought by now that both parties would have found middle ground, but i'm assuming RW's agent just won't budge on his demands cause he's trying to make a big splash in the NFL.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they really want to sign Wilson,but i have the odd feeling they may end up trading him,crazy i know.