• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Instant Oil Change.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarify? I've got oil change notifications at different mileages. One of those intervals had a couple longer road trips.

Edit. Just looked it up. Makes sense
I didn't see the typo in my post. Should have said "preset" not "outset"

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the typo in my post. Should have said "preset" not "outset"
You can't really "adjust" it, though, right? Except for just changing earlier or later than it says?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really "adjust" it, though, right? Except for just changing earlier or later than it says?
You can adjust it in the settings menu. Each vehicle make is different, but they can all be customized. My wife's jeep has been reset to 5k miles.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can adjust it in the settings menu. Each vehicle make is different, but they can all be customized. My wife's jeep has been reset to 5k miles.
You can adjust it to a set mileage?

I suppose that could make sense if you wanted to override the algorithm settings. I don't have any desire to do so, though

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can adjust it to a set mileage?

I suppose that could make sense if you wanted to override the algorithm settings. I don't have any desire to do so, though
Yeah, it's not that big of a deal really. Modern oils and filters are fairly predictable, based on consistent driving conditions.
Changing it when it gets to 5k is more of a "Raiman" thing for me. It's just how I want to do it.
Same for my truck, tho it doesn't have an oil life indicator. 5k miles = oil change.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you change earlier, you can easily reset the counter.
Yeah, I know. Haven't personally changed my current car yet (still under warranty), so I'll have to figure that out, but had to reset my old car all the time

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an uncle who used to be a racecar driver, and before that he was a mechanic, because hr grew up being required to help his dad fix his cars before he could do homework. I 100% bow to his authority on anything car related. I've heard him say multiple times, despite being sponsored by several of the large oil companies at various times; that there wasn't much difference between most of the oil companies, between like Penzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline, etc. But that Mobil1 was aclear small step above all of them. And then there was a big noticeable again to Royal Purple.

But he also said any oil was more than good enough for modern cars on like a 100k mile trade in schedule. The only way Royal Purple started being worth it is if you were one of those guys that kept up on all the maintenance, and you wanted to drive the shit out of the car and still keep it forever. Like if you had a classic Mustang or Vette or something. Or. Ike a real super car where blowing an engine would cost you 40k+

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an uncle who used to be a racecar driver, and before that he was a mechanic, because hr grew up being required to help his dad fix his cars before he could do homework. I 100% bow to his authority on anything car related. I've heard him say multiple times, despite being sponsored by several of the large oil companies at various times; that there wasn't much difference between most of the oil companies, between like Penzoil, Quaker State, Valvoline, etc. But that Mobil1 was aclear small step above all of them. And then there was a big noticeable again to Royal Purple.

But he also said any oil was more than good enough for modern cars on like a 100k mile trade in schedule. The only way Royal Purple started being worth it is if you were one of those guys that kept up on all the maintenance, and you wanted to drive the shit out of the car and still keep it forever. Like if you had a classic Mustang or Vette or something. Or. Ike a real super car where blowing an engine would cost you 40k+
Mobil 1 full synthetic in the family Explorer...Because I knew it would be in the family 20 years after we bought it.
225 k and still purrs like new.