1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Instant Oil Change.

Discussion in 'Cars & Automotive' started by Red_Alert, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ckhokie

ckhokie Supporting Member Level 69

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

:shocked:

2. Eddie_Shack

Eddie_Shack likes oatmeal lumpy

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

There are some places that will come and pick up your used oil, and pay if it's enough. If I had a bigger garage I would put a 55 gallon drum in there and when it got full, call the company up and get my cash and my oil removed.

3. JohnRandle

JohnRandle Gold Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,356

Yep, I love those places that take as much as you can dump. We have 5 vehicles and one is a diesel(4 gallons each oil change) plus a skidloader(2 gallons). I just dumped 30 gallons last weekend.

4. 4down20

4down20 Quit checking me out.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 395

I always take my own oil filter when I have my oil changed. I will take my own oil as well if I need too, if I can find it.

I spend about $100 for an oil change, which may seem crazy to some of you, but I only need to change it once a year so it's worth it to me. I only changed every 10k miles because I use a K&N oil filter and Pennzoil Ultra synthetic oil. It's about $20 for my oil filter, and about $80 to have the oil changed. $40 for the oil if I buy it separate and then usually still $30 for the oil change even though I'm not using their stuff.

I would change the oil myself, but my drive way isn't level so I don't have much choice.

5. JuiceTheGator

JuiceTheGator Purveyor of Justice

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 903

I went to the Pennzoil quicky lube place with the Waggy on Friday. Remembering this thread, I asked the dude if they use shitty filters like the Valvoline place. The guy looked at me kinda' funny and said "they do that? - I bet they do do that." He took me too a rack of shelves with all makes and shapes of filters from which he picked my Mobil 1 filter to go with my oil in the Waggy.

That said, the Pennzoil place costs too much. The only reason I go there is they're a good bunch and they mail me a $10 jewpon every 6 months saying "we haven't seen you in awhile." So, it was like $47 to have it done in 10 minutes with no BS. Decent.

6. JuiceTheGator

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 903

The Waggy happy at the Pennzoil quicky lube:

[​IMG]

7. NativeWebfoot

NativeWebfoot Live to race-Race to live

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Last time my '08 needed an oil change, wife and I were in a hurry to go somewhere and she talked me into having it done at a Walmart while we ran in for a few things. It was time again yesterday and when she wanted me to take it somewhere again, I refused and did it myself. The filter Walmart used was lowest quality and they'd tightened it so tight, the sides were tearing and leaking all over while I was trying to remove it. I got it removed and put a Fram extra-guard filter on it. Ready to go another 5K. :yahoo:

8. 4down20

4down20 Quit checking me out.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 395

I wish I had a flat place in my yard so I could change my own.

Btw, bring your own filter to places like that. They won't give you a discount or anything, not that it matters since they are using a $2 filter anyway, but they will use the filter you give them.

Had my oil changed yesterday. $14 for the filter, $85 for the oil change.

9. Godstree

Godstree Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I use synthetic although I am not so partial to a brand. Pennzoil and mobil 1 usually but not all the time. I have gone many a mile on those oils. I am about 50/50 changing myself.

I bought a '19 cherokee v6 4x4 with 9k. They changed oil when I picked it up so I waited till the car told me it needed changing again. It was 6k miles, which if it didn't do it soon was going to do it anyway.

I switched to synthetic mobil 1. I am getting about 10% better gas mileage. Still not great but .... I also graded this on a bit of a curve since I warm up car in winter and haven't had to do that since I got the change.

I am not sure if there is a break in for engine like used to when it come to mileage, but I reset mileage every fill up. I didn't notice the mileage different (not paying attention really) until about 3rd fill up after change.

Costco just got their own version of synthetic. Cheap as all hell. When I do next change I think I will go with it and a good filter. Changing oil in this jeep seems pretty easy, the filter you get to from top.......

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  10. JuiceTheGator

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 903

Good bump. I sure miss that beast.

• Like Like x 1