• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury Updates

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said that tight end Zach Miller should be ready in time for next season.

Speaking at the Indianapolis scouting combine, Carroll said that Miller is recovering well from the ankle injury that ended his 2014 season. Miller had surgery during the Seahawks' week four bye, but he wasn't able to recover in time to return to the team. "

"Seahawks coach Pete Carroll reiterated that safety Kam Chancellor is "going to be fine" and that he will not need offseason surgery -- much like secondary-mate Richard Sherman, according to theTacome News Tribune.

Chancellor suffered a deep bone bruise and a tear in his medial collateral ligament in practice days before Super Bowl 49 against New England. Last season, he totaled 78 tackles in 2014 with one interception and one forced fumble in 14 games. It remains to be seen if Chancellor will be ready for Seattle's offseason workout programs."

"Seahawks general manager John Schneider said Thursday that nose tackle Brandon Mebane is"doing well" in his recovery from a torn hamstring, the Tacoma News Tribune reports.

Schneider added that Mebane is on track to be ready for the beginning of the 2015 season. The nose tackle said in late January that the surgery to repair the torn hamstring went well and that he anticipated being back to 100 percent by April."

"Seahawks general manager John Schneider told reporters on Thursday that safety Earl Thomas has yet to have the surgery he needs to his separated shoulder and torn labrum, reports the Tacoma News Tribune.

Thomas suffered the injury in the first half of the NFC Championship Game against Green Bay, and played the rest of the way, including Super Bowl 49 against New England. Schneider said there's no issues with Thomas being ready for the start of the season, adding "he attacks everything."

When asked whether Thomas would be ready for the start of training camp, the Seahawks general manager replied, "You know, I’m not sure. We are going to monitor him and make sure we do what’s best for long term. He’s going to be scratching and fighting to get out there as soon as he can. But we just don’t know where he will be. Between our performance staff and our trainers, those guys will have a great idea of where he is and will make sure he is taken care of."

Thomas started 16 games in 2014 and registered 97 tackles with one interception."

"Seahawks wide receiver Paul Richardson could begin next season on the physically unable to perform list, the team announced.

General manager John Schneider confirmed the news, saying there's a "50/50 chance" Richardson will open next year on the PUP list. Richardson tore his ACL during the team's playoff win over the Panthers.

"His surgery went great, and he’s such a freak athlete that I wouldn’t put anything past him, but I think there’s a 50/50 chance he goes into the PUP window, and we need to continue to address that position much like we do every other position," Schneider said. If Richardson goes on the PUP list, he would miss the first six games of the 2015 season.

Richardson was drafted in the second round of the 2014 draft. He hauled in 29 catches for 271 yards and a score during his rookie season. "

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl needs to get that surgery done ASAP, kind of surprised he hasn't yet. Sounds like most will be ready for the start of the season, except Richardson, which Is no surprise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess the reason he hasn't had the surgery is there is still some swelling that makes it very difficult to have a good surgery. Sometimes a player has to wait a month or so just because of the swelling part of the injury.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess the reason he hasn't had the surgery is there is still some swelling that makes it very difficult to have a good surgery. Sometimes a player has to wait a month or so just because of the swelling part of the injury.
Makes sense.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks! So we're looking at mid August the earliest to mid October missing the first 4 or 5 games. Damn!

I hear you. The secondary is a war zone with injuries. It has me worried. That's the strength of the team, won't do to have become a weakness.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Maxwell likely gone and the amount of injuries to some of the best players on D I think adding a solid CB and a backup safety through draft/free agency (not sure who is available in FA) would be a good idea.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On ET, NFLN reported the 6-8 month timeline this evening but added that the team is expecting it to be right at the 6 month mark and for him to be ready for the start of the season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Mike Florio

"Despite the reported range of six-to-eight months that Seahawks safety Earl Thomas will need to recover from shoulder surgery that occurred today, a source with knowledge of the situation makes it clear that Thomas will be ready closer to the front end of that period.

Per the source, there’s “no doubt” Thomas will be ready to play when the 2015 regular season begins less than 6.5 months from now.

As the source points out, Thomas has missed fewer than 20 plays in 90 regular-season and postseason career games. As the source also points out, if there was any concern about Thomas being ready for Week One, surgery would have happened far sooner than 23 days after Super Bowl XLIX.

Still, Thomas apparently will miss all of the offseason program and most of training camp and the preseason, which will make it harder for him to make a major impact right out of the gates."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has all concerned me quite a bit since the SB. Earl will be fresh off rehab at best to open the year, Kam and Sherman are avoiding surgery and seeing how things go, Lane will miss much of the season, richarson will miss most of it as well. It's all going to be a big problem next year. Sherman and Kam not getting surgery concerns me more than Earl's situation. How ready will they be to take on 19-20 games?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per Mike Florio

"Despite the reported range of six-to-eight months that Seahawks safety Earl Thomas will need to recover from shoulder surgery that occurred today, a source with knowledge of the situation makes it clear that Thomas will be ready closer to the front end of that period.

Per the source, there’s “no doubt” Thomas will be ready to play when the 2015 regular season begins less than 6.5 months from now.

As the source points out, Thomas has missed fewer than 20 plays in 90 regular-season and postseason career games. As the source also points out, if there was any concern about Thomas being ready for Week One, surgery would have happened far sooner than 23 days after Super Bowl XLIX.

Still, Thomas apparently will miss all of the offseason program and most of training camp and the preseason, which will make it harder for him to make a major impact right out of the gates."

Well good news I guess, because it could be a lot worse as far as when he would be ready.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what you can hang your hat on here is that at least its not a knee or something that will prevent him from running full speed and staying in shape. Also he did play 2 games on the injury.
But yeah injuries during the playoffs are just a double whammy unfortunately.

With Lane is does seem like he likely wont see much action next year. But then again all ACLs arent created equal. Chris Harris tore his in the playoffs last year and was playing week 1, on the other hand Bowman didnt play at all so I guess it really just depends.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what you can hang your hat on here is that at least its not a knee or something that will prevent him from running full speed and staying in shape. Also he did play 2 games on the injury.
But yeah injuries during the playoffs are just a double whammy unfortunately.

With Lane is does seem like he likely wont see much action next year. But then again all ACLs arent created equal. Chris Harris tore his in the playoffs last year and was playing week 1, on the other hand Bowman didnt play at all so I guess it really just depends.

Really worried about the secondary, injuries galore. Hopefully they all recover and can go full bore, but doesn't seem likely, then the one healthy one is a free agent and his back ups are also injuried, just looks tough.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously it'd be nice if he was at 100% in August, but if it takes until October I'd rather have that than an attempt to rush him back that could result in further injury. He and our other injured players are gonna do everything they can to get back as soon as possible, but the Seahawks have to resist the temptation to bring them back too soon.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the type of player that Thomas is, I would be VERY surprised to not see him on the field on opening day.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really worried about the secondary, injuries galore. Hopefully they all recover and can go full bore, but doesn't seem likely, then the one healthy one is a free agent and his back ups are also injuried, just looks tough.

I'm all for drafting some secondary depth starting in the third rounds and up and possibly adding maybe a vet in FA on a 1yr contract for a chance at a SB ring. I still think O-line in the first and D-line in the second.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it'd be nice if he was at 100% in August, but if it takes until October I'd rather have that than an attempt to rush him back that could result in further injury. He and our other injured players are gonna do everything they can to get back as soon as possible, but the Seahawks have to resist the temptation to bring them back too soon.

Agreed! Hold the fort down the first month and when these guys come back healthy, time to make another SB run.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of complications in shoulder surgery. A separation, while worse than a dislocation, in a lot of ways, responds very well to surgery. Put the parts back together and when they heal, it usually is very good.
Dislocations cause some damage to the ball (socket joint) that cannot be repaired.
Earl had both, separation and dislocation. He likely has other damage that is showing up on the xray and confusing things too. They really need to get the swelling down and muscles calmed down before the surgery. Taking their time is a good thing......