• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injured QBs

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers has missed 9 games in his career. Jay Cutler has missed 13..........now with people wanting to claim Jay is injury prone shoudn't westart assumimg the same about Rodgers? Maybe the Packers are looking to draft a QB?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cubzzzfanincali

I can definitely see the Packers drafting a QB. Especially after what happened to that team last year with Rodgers.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flynn

I can definitely see the Packers drafting a QB. Especially after what happened to that team last year with Rodgers.
Although Flynn has been resigned i don't think they feel he is the answer to replace Rodgers down the road but maybe as a stop gap. Sooner or later though Rodgers will have to be replaced and at the spot they are drafting there may still be a so called franchise QB available.. ?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do exactly what the Bears may end up doing this year, you draft someone to develop late or bring someone in undrafted. No way you spend a high draft pick on a QB who by all accounts could step in and play immediately, like or Manzel or a Bortals or however you spell their names. Just causes all kinds of problems you don't need or want.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blake Bortles were to fall to 14.........he is the only QB I would take and then nothing but defense

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears fill holes in the D and grab an unsigned QB or get on in the latter rounds.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought cutler missed more. he is pretty good. our oline is alot better now.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blake Bortles were to fall to 14.........he is the only QB I would take and then nothing but defense

Just curious. Do you watch much college football? Or are you just repeating what you read?
Saw Bortles once in a televised game. He didn't impress me.
Saw 3 (5 if you want to include last year) of Bridgewater's games, and he was impressive in all 5.
Just sayin. Teddy will be the best QB coming out of this class.
If that's your opinion from watching tape or games, I'd have to say you're clueless.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enough to know what im talking about.

Just curious. Do you watch much college football? Or are you just repeating what you read?
Saw Bortles once in a televised game. He didn't impress me.
Saw 3 (5 if you want to include last year) of Bridgewater's games, and he was impressive in all 5.
Just sayin. Teddy will be the best QB coming out of this class.
If that's your opinion from watching tape or games, I'd have to say you're clueless.

I watch enough college games to be able to comment on the players. And using the knowledge that the college game doesn't always translate to the pros....from what I see from Blake is a better NFL Qb than Teddy or Manziel. ....clueless is what we all are when it comes to predicting what players are going to be better than others.....LOL.....YOUB SAID TEDDY WILL BE BIGGER THAN JORDAN IF HE COMES TO CHICAGO........and you called me CLUELESS?
:lol:m

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch enough college games to be able to comment on the players. And using the knowledge that the college game doesn't always translate to the pros....from what I see from Blake is a better NFL Qb than Teddy or Manziel. ....clueless is what we all are when it comes to predicting what players are going to be better than others.....LOL.....YOUB SAID TEDDY WILL BE BIGGER THAN JORDAN IF HE COMES TO CHICAGO........and you called me CLUELESS?
:lol:m

Only time will tell. I doubt Teddy gets past Minny @ 10 . I'm not much of a Manziel fan Just think he's going to killed in the pros. Bortles like I said, I've only seen him play once. And didn't impress me. Maybe he had an off game that day.
Just think the mockers are blowing his(Teddy's) bad pro day out of proportion . Just think game tape speaks volumes as far as scouts & GMs are involved. And Teddy has some pretty impressive game tape.

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers has missed 9 games in his career. Jay Cutler has missed 13..........now with people wanting to claim Jay is injury prone shoudn't westart assumimg the same about Rodgers? Maybe the Packers are looking to draft a QB?

Even without comparison, how the term injury prone is applied to Cutler(and most players, actually) is misused, imo. The most games he missed were from a broken thumb back in 2011 and the high ankle sprain suffered last season vs the Lions. The broken thumb occurred when he attempted to tackle the DB that intercepted his pass vs SD. High ankle sprains generally occur with "help" from other players. Those types of injuries dont predispose him to future ones. If there is cause for concern, its the concussions hes suffered. Those do have cumulative effects.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without comparison, how the term injury prone is applied to Cutler(and most players, actually) is misused, imo. The most games he missed were from a broken thumb back in 2011 and the high ankle sprain suffered last season vs the Lions. The broken thumb occurred when he attempted to tackle the DB that intercepted his pass vs SD. High ankle sprains generally occur with "help" from other players. Those types of injuries dont predispose him to future ones. If there is cause for concern, its the concussions hes suffered. Those do have cumulative effects.

Well said.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:I worry about players that have "chronic" problems- and multiple surgeries. Knees and Back are my red flags- for most positions- for QB's I would have to add shoulder/elbows (like pitchers) Players who have had multiple knee surgeries are not lasting as long.
Concussions would be next though that is still really hard to predict how serious and how much a player wants to admit to trainers he's hurt. But a scrambled brain isn't something you want to mess with. And I'm really not a fan of the meatball mentality of "shake it off" or "suck it up" and "you're not tough if you come out of a game with a concussion." that's just stupid.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussions would be next though that is still really hard to predict how serious and how much a player wants to admit to trainers he's hurt. But a scrambled brain isn't something you want to mess with. And I'm really not a fan of the meatball mentality of "shake it off" or "suck it up" and "you're not tough if you come out of a game with a concussion." that's just stupid.

Yep, a blow to the head that knocks one silly is nothing to mess around with. Unfortunately, what you said is exactly how it was, and it led to the unintended consequence of what we know now. That being what can happen to retired players that have had one too many blows to the head without any precautions/protocol in place.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:I worry about players that have "chronic" problems- and multiple surgeries. Knees and Back are my red flags- for most positions- for QB's I would have to add shoulder/elbows (like pitchers) Players who have had multiple knee surgeries are not lasting as long.

I've like never heard of anyone ever say this about someone with a concussion. Everything else, sure… but never with a concussion.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've like never heard of anyone ever say this about someone with a concussion. Everything else, sure… but never with a concussion.
really? I have to ask- how old are you? The times are changing so if you have played pee-wee through high school in say the past 5 years- you probably didn't hear that much. But in the 80's and 90's when I played I heard it all the time. (I'm 36 and played since I was 9-25 years old- Thats' a story for another time...)

"I just got my bell rung" IS a symptom of concussion.
But our own loveable King Of Meatballs Brain Urlacher is notorious for claiming he wouldn't come off the field if he felt concussion symptoms and wouldn't tell a trainer how bad it really was. Because??? HE'S TOUGH! And thinks that anyone who did is a "coward" too. I think that calls for a poll!

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the argument of Cutler being injury prone and Rodgers isn't comes from Cutler has missed 13 games spread out over his entire time in Chicago while 8 of those 9 for Rodgers came last year. Basically Cutler is good to miss at least 2 or 3 games each year where as Rodgers until last year has played virtually every game every season.
On the topic of Green Bay drafting a QB, if they do it its a late round project who may or may not even make it through camp. Rodgers is only going to be 31 later this season and nowhere near "the end". Flynn as said in an earlier post is resigned and for whatever reason seems to only be marginally successful when in this system. McCarthy and Thompson are very high on Scott Tolzien and want him with the team through an entire offseason and their QB classes so he for now seems to be the pet project of the staff. Now I am not saying Flynn is the answer or Tolzien for that matter, but Flynn was capable enough to salvage the season and outside of the Thanksgiving game played decent overall (for what he is as a player anyways). Look for a backup QB you're not looking to have a second starter but somebody that can be serviceable and chances are if you have that great "elite" level QB and lose him for a good portion of your season then your season is lost most likely anyways. Out of 32 teams half of those teams probably have good to great QBs so to find a good to great backup is even harder.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought cutler missed more. he is pretty good. our oline is alot better now.
O line is the best since i've been a fan. There are few, to no issues on offense, with regards to the draft.
Look at a possible project qb with the 5th or close pick. Maybe....
Address more developmental players on defense right now, and a definite contributor right off the bat. Then let the draft come to us. Take the best defenders at our spots.
Then grab a qb late, 5thish, and i bet Trestman knows about guys that are going to go late, not even go undrafted. In Trestman i trust right now.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line is the best since i've been a fan. There are few, to no issues on offense, with regards to the draft.
Look at a possible project qb with the 5th or close pick. Maybe....
Address more developmental players on defense right now, and a definite contributor right off the bat. Then let the draft come to us. Take the best defenders at our spots.
Then grab a qb late, 5thish, and i bet Trestman knows about guys that are going to go late, not even go undrafted. In Trestman i trust right now.

Don't know how long you've been a fan. But the 1985 Bear's line was pretty damn good.