• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: indians @ white sox

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
93 MPH fastball with little movement that caught WAY too much of the plate...yuck

Lets get some runs guys!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why we gotta always follow up the good sh*t with some downer ass sh*t? TAKE THE STEP JABRONIS.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one of the two teams we need to beat and it just pisses me off that these guys are hitting like absolute shit! cool weather is no excuse.
plus ... i'm ready to send crochet down for proper seasoning.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, we're definitely lacking that come-from-behindness often found in October teams.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, we're definitely lacking that come-from-behindness often found in October teams.
The Sox copped a run at the end - after I bailed - I thought that was at least something of a scratch in that direction.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shine wearing off...NEED MORE WAX. Feed me an overoptimistic homer article boys.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shine wearing off...NEED MORE WAX. Feed me an overoptimistic homer article boys.
No overly optimistic article for you Jidster, but I'll simply reiterate that despite pretty much playing overall like dogshit to date this season (starting pitching for the most part excepted), we're still hanging in there. The Central remains very takeable. We gots the horses to go deep into October. They just have to get their god damned act together.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuuuuu....
I agree with the article on both Vaughn and Hendriks. To me the great value of Hendriks of the reliability of his arm for longer periods of time over the typical "closer." So Hendriks could be used in 8th and 9th innings and also brought in with tie games in the 9th and go for extra innings. Vaughn is also a mystery because he is already playing LF better defensively than Eloy ever did - he has a good eye - as his OBP testifies too. The only way to maximize his value as a rookie batter is to send him op to the plate more often.

So far I've been thinking it is a long season - and early season experimentation with the roster is not a bad strategy in the long run after everyone got their share of opportunities to perform - finally settling in on a day to day familiar lineup. We will see how if plays out, but the critical points here are valid - IMO.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the article on both Vaughn and Hendriks. To me the great value of Hendriks of the reliability of his arm for longer periods of time over the typical "closer." So Hendriks could be used in 8th and 9th innings and also brought in with tie games in the 9th and go for extra innings. Vaughn is also a mystery because he is already playing LF better defensively than Eloy ever did - he has a good eye - as his OBP testifies too. The only way to maximize his value as a rookie batter is to send him op to the plate more often.

So far I've been thinking it is a long season - and early season experimentation with the roster is not a bad strategy in the long run after everyone got their share of opportunities to perform - finally settling in on a day to day familiar lineup. We will see how if plays out, but the critical points here are valid - IMO.
i think just because hendriks has been used in the past to cover more game time doesn't mean he should continue in that fashion. i see no reason to think he's a kind of superman when it comes to his physical endurance. it takes a second to blow some part of a pitcher's arm so why push that? i'm fine with how he's been used mostly because we are considered to have such a deep relief staff. granted they haven't been what we expected so far but 12 games is not an indication of how the staff will be used.

as far as vaughn goes ... i can understand a short break for him for a couple games. for anyone to suggest this will continue is absurd. unless there's a personal problem none of us know about, i fully expect he'll get 400 to 500 ab's this year.

i have been as or more skeptical than anyone here about the hiring of tony but i find it ridiculous to try to pin blame (at this point) on him for the pathetic way this team has played (and not just because i think we septuagenarians must stick together). part of this is our won fault! our expectations are very very (maybe too) high for a white sox team. shouldn't we all know better by now?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@idseer My point on Hendriks - is he gets better with usage - and rustier when not used. It hardly does anyone a favor to only use him when he is bad. If you recall - Hendriks pitched a couple innings in game two of the series with the White Sox last year and got knocked around, but in game 3 when it counted - he came in a pitched two innings of perfect ball.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@idseer My point on Hendriks - is he gets better with usage - and rustier when not used. It hardly does anyone a favor to only use him when he is bad. If you recall - Hendriks pitched a couple innings in game two of the series with the White Sox last year and got knocked around, but in game 3 when it counted - he came in a pitched two innings of perfect ball.
i've put that game out of my mind. :P