• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Incognito & Martin Play Text Tag

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a different article today but same topic. Not only should this clear Incognito but the NFL should seriously consider looking into possible drug use by Martin.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a different article today but same topic. Not only should this clear Incognito but the NFL should seriously consider looking into possible drug use by Martin.

Yup, must have read the same one as you.

If anything it almost sounded like Incognito and Martin might have been more than just "friends".

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree!

I got hooked reading those txt messages and spent almost an hour doing it. Here's what I take away from it.

1.) They sound pretty much like normal guys in that situation.

2.) I was expecting Incognito to be a monster, but he was a nice guy looking out for Martin who is an obvious shrew. It seemed like Incognito went out of his way to include a teammate and be friendly with him long after most of us would have given up.

3.) Martin is a drug abuser.

4.) Martin is admittedly mentally ill.

5.) It was completely unfair of the Dolphins and the NFLPA to act against Incognito because a grown man wasn't willing to look past an obnoxious teammate. Martin couldn't mentally and emotionally handle life as an NFL player and laid that blame on Incognito because he teased him and called him a pussy? Shoot man, you should see some of the things my bro and my buddies call each other.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, must have read the same one as you.

If anything it almost sounded like Incognito and Martin might have been more than just "friends".

It surprised me how their lives seemed to center around prowling for "puss" in normal restaurants. I mean going to brunch at chain restaurants looking for strange? Dude, stick to high $$$ hookers! :rollseyes:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you have a link to the other story?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if your Incognito do you go after the Dolphins for slander? Ross the owner of the Dolphins already stated that neither of these guys will not be retained by the Fins next season....

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your Incognito do you go after the Dolphins for slander? Ross the owner of the Dolphins already stated that neither of these guys will not be retained by the Fins next season....

You absolutely go after the Dolphins and the NFLPA (which puts your playing career in a real predicament). I fully expected the guy to be crucified by these text messages. Instead, they prove him innocent and Martin a mentally ill drug abuser with zero social skills who cost Incognito dearly because he couldn't handle his business. A grown-ass man checking into a mental hospital because a friend called him a "pussy?" Puhlease, bro. Go get help but throwing your teammate under the bus for it? Don't expect to ever play in the NFL again. If I were Incognito, I'd be training like a motherfucker to be the meanest physical specimen in the league next season.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just yet another sports story that the media took off with without any facts whatsoever. Remember the countless cries for bullying legislation that followed? Better yet, do any of you remember Sharpton and his "thugs" as well as the media in all their false outrage over the Duke Lacrosse case? How about Ryan Lanza (not sports but same thing really)? Sadly this is just another story in a long line of fake stories where innocent people get completely vilified by people in the media with zero credibility or facts.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just yet another sports story that the media took off with without any facts whatsoever. Remember the countless cries for bullying legislation that followed? Better yet, do any of you remember Sharpton and his "thugs" as well as the media in all their false outrage over the Duke Lacrosse case? How about Ryan Lanza (not sports but same thing really)? Sadly this is just another story in a long line of fake stories where innocent people get completely vilified by people in the media with zero credibility or facts.

Yep.

And you know what? I bought it hook, line and sinker and in the end, there's virtually no truth at all to it. The media had us believing that Incognito was a monster who was terrorizing Martin. It's just not true.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less what I expected. Martin was a whiny pussy who couldn't handle the pressure of even being on a team.

Can you imagine how hilarious the collapse would have been if Miami ever made a legitimate run?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less what I expected. Martin was a whiny pussy who couldn't handle the pressure of even being on a team.

Can you imagine how hilarious the collapse would have been if Miami ever made a legitimate run?

That probably scared the shit out of him. He could see that Tannehill had real potential and the thought of the pressure of protecting him in big games was too much. Like a coward, he knew that Incognito had a bad reputation and that he could lay all the blame on him.

Grown-ass men never get bullied.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That probably scared the shit out of him. He could see that Tannehill had real potential and the thought of the pressure of protecting him in big games was too much. Like a coward, he knew that Incognito had a bad reputation and that he could lay all the blame on him.

I wonder how much of it was his agent and not even Martin. Martin says a couple of times "I'm not saying any of that". Wonder if it is as simple as Martin tells his agent he is retiring, agent knows that means forfeiture of money, so agent concocts this bullying thing to allow Martin to keep the money (so the agent keeps his cut). Just like other BS hoaxes like this, the people pulling em don't expect them to blow up like they do (balloon boy and that lesbian waitress recently come to mind).

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the part I've always had a problem with. Honestly- how do grown ups (men and women) get bullied? I watch a lot of trashy "reality" TV and hate when grown people use that hot button word just to get a reaction.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much of it was his agent and not even Martin. Martin says a couple of times "I'm not saying any of that". Wonder if it is as simple as Martin tells his agent he is retiring, agent knows that means forfeiture of money, so agent concocts this bullying thing to allow Martin to keep the money (so the agent keeps his cut). Just like other BS hoaxes like this, the people pulling em don't expect them to blow up like they do (balloon boy and that lesbian waitress recently come to mind).

Well, at the end Incognito did say something like "there's a rumor that this is all coming from your agent."

It's just hard to understand how a man who plays an aggressive, violent sport can be so mentally soft. A friend calls you names and you panic and go into hiding? GTFO!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at the end Incognito did say something like "there's a rumor that this is all coming from your agent."

It's just hard to understand how a man who plays an aggressive, violent sport can be so mentally soft. A friend calls you names and you panic and go into hiding? GTFO!

Agree, that is why I think he wanted out and they came up with the "bully" hot topic issue as a way to force the team to still pay the money. Then it all went national like it did, and THAT probably cause the mental stress.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, that is why I think he wanted out and they came up with the "bully" hot topic issue as a way to force the team to still pay the money. Then it all went national like it did, and THAT probably cause the mental stress.

:agree:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty clear that you're right.

The way it ends makes it obvious that Incognito was NOT bullying this coward. I don't think Martin ever plays again but Incognito does.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You absolutely go after the Dolphins and the NFLPA (which puts your playing career in a real predicament). I fully expected the guy to be crucified by these text messages. Instead, they prove him innocent and Martin a mentally ill drug abuser with zero social skills who cost Incognito dearly because he couldn't handle his business. A grown-ass man checking into a mental hospital because a friend called him a "pussy?" Puhlease, bro. Go get help but throwing your teammate under the bus for it? Don't expect to ever play in the NFL again. If I were Incognito, I'd be training like a motherfucker to be the meanest physical specimen in the league next season.

Ok now this whole thing is now being released to the public, which means the Dolphins front office including the owner should have seen these text messages already, so why would you go public and say were not bring Richie back next season, when one of your most pressing needs is a OL????

I know some like to joke about the Browns front office and lack of effort, but if I'm a Dolphins fan I'm pissed cause now their front office is looking like tools....