• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK DALLAS?

What was the question?

:pizza:

What happened in Chicago 43?

There wer- *reads further*

IPW got it.

Of course everyone cares about the situation in Texas. The Boston thing was a much more fluid situation...constant updates, an unstable situation. The Texas explosion is just as sad. We all realize that. It's horrible.

My comment was aimed at levity.

Although for me, as a person fascinated by social engineering and psychologically rooted reaction, how quickly this became about sports as a coping mechanism is something that has my attention.

And thank God this is over (I hope).

In actuality, it just started. At least the imminent threat portion is (likely) over.

Beth Israel hospital? Really? Nowhere else they could have taken the guy?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8AVbU3g.png

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the arena was first built the new scoreboard crashed before the first game. Here are some images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hsb...YJq384APPxYHoBw&ved=0CD4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=707

Here is the story....The scoreboard

On November 16, 1996, the arena's first JumboTron, an eight-sided scoreboard made by Daktronics with Sony video screens, fell to the ice while it was being remotely moved. This was minutes after a few players ended practice and hours before a game between the Sabres and Boston Bruins. Nobody was injured, but the game was postponed.[11] The scoreboard was replaced later that season.

I remember that.... Thank God it didn't happen during a game. It does make for a great sig and avatar though

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so much partying/"U.S.A." chanting going on in the streets, Boston pubs are about to run out of alcohol in 5.. 4.. 3....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy on MSNBC just said

"There is a huge difference between crowdsourcing an investigation and crowdsourcing data. Crowdsourcing an investigation is called a Witch Hunt."

Amen.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I understand the jubilation and relief. And I don't begrudge anyone for the feeling.

But it seems to me that the last thing Boston PD wants after the last 24 hours is a couple hundred thousand drunk people out in the streets.

If you really want to show your appreciation for them, GO HOME. Let them rest.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I understand the jubilation and relief. And I don't begrudge anyone for the feeling.

But it seems to me that the last thing Boston PD wants after the last 24 hours is a couple hundred thousand drunk people out in the streets.

be a good time for another strike. if these guys are terrorists attached to a cell more will be in Boston.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correction 72+ hours. Let them rest and then do the work that with any luck can help them learn more about what motivated these assholes to do what they did. This event is far from over.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say everyone should go home, and only the Police should be out in the streets drinking and celebrating.

I think since everyone was on lock down and scared, being able to get out and celebrate is only logical. Plus it's Friday night.

Now if it gets past 2 am or gets a bit out of hand....

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be a good time for another strike. if these guys are terrorists attached to a cell more will be in Boston.

Yeah, and there's that.

Correction 72+ hours. Let them rest and then do the work that with any luck can help them learn more about what motivated these assholes to do what they did. This event is far from over.

True, although it was pretty much shift work until the call from 7-11 last night. Then all hands on deck.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is it that the Russians warned the USA about the older brother yet we let him back into the country after spending 6 months in Russia? This is according to both Geraldo Rivera & Bill O'Reilly. I'm not a fan of Fox News, but that's a piss poor job by the FBI if you ask me.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is it that the Russians warned the USA about the older brother yet we let him back into the country after spending 6 months in Russia? This is according to both Geraldo Rivera & Bill O'Reilly. I'm not a fan of Fox News, but that's a piss poor job by the FBI if you ask me.

Not just the FBI, but ICE and our other immigration agencies should have been all over this.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was aimed at levity.

Although for me, as a person fascinated by social engineering and psychologically rooted reaction, how quickly this became about sports as a coping mechanism is something that has my attention.

It is fascinating how people use sports to cope with major life events. I posted that image last night after I found it on Twitter. The Pens have been in Boston since Thursday night, and people here in Pittsburgh have been talking about how it will be a really special moment today when both clubs can take to the ice this afternoon following one of the most memorable couple days in Boston/US history and start the healing process.

This will be a special game, today. I could really care less if the Pens win. I'm more amped up to see the pre-game ceremony

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fascinating how people use sports to cope with major life events. I posted that image last night after I found it on Twitter. The Pens have been in Boston since Thursday night, and people here in Pittsburgh have been talking about how it will be a really special moment today when both clubs can take to the ice this afternoon following one of the most memorable couple days in Boston/US history and start the healing process.

This will be a special game, today. I could really care less if the Pens win. I'm more amped up to see the pre-game ceremony

I will be at a soccer game :(

Channel selection is not really known for us in Boston area. The Sox play at 1:15 and I am sure NESN will have the Sox on...I believe it is the first home game since the incidents. I have 4 channels selected for DVR recording and hope I can get both the Sox and Bruins games recorded