• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Punjabi is dead news...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Toronto Raptors and Peja Stojakovic are close to completing a buyout that will put the former All-Star sharpshooter on the open market, according to sources close to the situation.

The deal is expected to be completed later Thursday, sources said.

The Raptors publicly acknowledged almost immediately after acquiring Stojakovic from New Orleans that a buyout would considered if no follow-up trade could be swung. But the Raptors, reluctant take on long-term salary, were unlikely to find a workable trade, with Stojakovic earning $15 million in the final season of an original five-year deal he signed with the Hornets in the summer of 2006.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Stojakovic is determined to return to the Western Conference and join a playoff contender once he clear waivers and becomes a free agent, with three teams at the top of his list: Dallas, New Orleans and the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Mavericks, sources say, are considered the favorite to land Stojakovic. They have minutes to offer at small forward and a well-chronicled need for perimeter shooting. And joining the Mavericks would enable Stojakovic to live within short flying distance of his wife and children, who remained in New Orleans after he was dealt to the Raptors.

Both the Mavericks and the Lakers have a need on the wing thanks to injuries, with Dallas losing Caron Butler to a season-ending knee tear and the Lakers losing newcomer Matt Barnes for two months to a knee injury.

Stojakovic made three All-Star appearances as a member of the Sacramento Kings and sports a career success rate of 40.1 percent from 3-point range. He's been plagued by knee trouble this season and has only appeared in two games for the Raptors, but he did leave an impression on the Mavericks by scoring 17 points in 19 minutes in Dallas on Nov. 15, just days before New Orleans sent the 33-year-old and Jerryd Bayless to Toronto for Jarrett Jack, Marcus Banks and David Andersen.

Stojakovic forfeited roughly $440,000 from a trade bonus in his contract to make the salary-cap math work in the deal that sent him to Toronto.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tis a sad day for Raptor fans. Even though Peja might be leaving, his legacy will never be forgotten:

67936414-raptors-forward.jpg

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a little wierd, i think that they could wait for him to get healthy, showcase him a little and maybe get a 2nd rounder for him. They dont owe him anything why do him a favour? How much is the buyout gonna be like 10 mil? they are short on bodies as it is right now, might as well use him for a bit till the rest of the team gets healthy.

Bad move IMO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems a little wierd, i think that they could wait for him to get healthy, showcase him a little and maybe get a 2nd rounder for him. They dont owe him anything why do him a favour? How much is the buyout gonna be like 10 mil? they are short on bodies as it is right now, might as well use him for a bit till the rest of the team gets healthy.

Bad move IMO.

Either that or BC is in full tanking mode and doesn't want this team to get better until the trade deadline where he can waive his trade exception like bball waiving his thong on a first date. Then either you tank the rest of the season, get a high pick or try to cash in on teams that shit the bed and are giving away talent.

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either that or BC is in full tanking mode and doesn't want this team to get better until the trade deadline where he can waive his trade exception like bball waiving his thong on a first date. Then either you tank the rest of the season, get a high pick or try to cash in on teams that shit the bed and are giving away talent.

Im hoping that happens, i just hate it when they get a guy just to pay him to leave, its the gayest thing goin.

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are exceptions. For instance, I'd pay Julien Wright anything he wanted for him to leave...that or see him choke on a bag of dicks

Good call. It seems like Peja would have a little more value then a bag of dicks tho.

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bag of dicks. hahahahhahahahha fuckin hilarious.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think peja was holding out waitng to be bought out. that jawless SOB played one game, heard the punjabi chants and decided it was enough.

Derrick Martin Jr.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bad move IMO.

they're going to save money. they could have payed him in full the rest of the season to do nothing, or they could have payed him like 80-90% of that (pure speculation but thats what typically happens) to go away. i understand why they did it, and its not like the season matters much anyways, so its basically a deal that moves the franchise slightly sideways. not good or bad, just is what it is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let us not remember Peja as the strategic move to save contract money. Rather, let's remember Peja for his legendary contributions and undying devotion to this Raptor team. In 2 games, Peja put up a whopping 20 points on 70% shooting to go along with 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 turnovers.

Peja....you will be missed...now fly freebird fly!

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant get denver out of my mind. have heard way too much shit about denver and melo, im so sick of it, i can only imagine how he feels.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
jesus, i thought with alabi here that BC would be satisfied with the length

bc luds da bc

JUICEYP

Remmington smooth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is gonna be a blockbuster in the fantasy league soon.

more to come.