• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In My Humble Opinion

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felger and Mazz yesterday got me thinking... Are the Patriots "throwing in the towel" for 2019? Not necessarily tanking but they will have a ton of cap space around $80 million in 2020 so they are just letting things go for 2019.... Now this isn't a BB move but anything is possible right? They were also saying maybe he was setting things up for Mcdaniels to have the team he wants

Thoughts?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick said he would never intentionally take a year off when the Colts Sucked for Luck. I believe him.

They may still have some holes to fill on this roster and coaching staff, but this team will be in the mix again in 2019. I'm confident of that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say wait for the draft to even think that... So many things change for the Pats in just those few days. If nothing happens beyond drafting then maybe there something less than "suck for something" but more than "just being patient".

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you trade for Michael Bennett (and give him a raise) if you were punting on this season?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they push a bunch of draft capital into 2020, I wouldn't consider that a strong indicator of them letting off the gas on 2019. They've got the core of a SB champion in place and 6 of last year's draft picks that spent all or most of last season on IR coming back...they don't need to make 12 picks this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a number of trades for veteran players well after the draft, either.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they push a bunch of draft capital into 2020, I wouldn't consider that a strong indicator of them letting off the gas on 2019. They've got the core of a SB champion in place and 6 of last year's draft picks that spent all or most of last season on IR coming back...they don't need to make 12 picks this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a number of trades for veteran players well after the draft, either.

Yeah it doesn't mean anything about 2019 yet and I don't see a BB coached team letting off the gas but I am very interested to see what the angle is for 2019

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sports show had a comment from somewhere that BB thinks the upcoming years team will be better than last years. Just what I heard this morning from the cowherd show don't know who was giving him that info though i missed that part just heard the other.

But what is he gonna say we are gonna be terrible.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brady knoiws how to tank nor do I think it's even in his vocabulary.

I heard that BB said that this year's team, especially the defense could surpass 2018. He knows stuff that we don't even have an inkling about. I was down on him last year and he proved me wrong, so my gut (which is very large)tells me that he got a bun in the oven that no one has even smelled before, let alone tasted.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felger and Mazz yesterday got me thinking... Are the Patriots "throwing in the towel" for 2019? Not necessarily tanking but they will have a ton of cap space around $80 million in 2020 so they are just letting things go for 2019.... Now this isn't a BB move but anything is possible right? They were also saying maybe he was setting things up for Mcdaniels to have the team he wants

Thoughts?

No.
Belichick would rather win with less and make his counterparts look even more foolish.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

That's some interesting (off-season) thinking. I don't buy it but interesting - if a lesser team.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
No there is no way BB and TB12 will not try to win every single game, it's not in their DNA

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
year after year, BB makes minor moves that everyone snickers about. Then comes Thanksgiving and guys like Van Noy and JC Jackson are starting to play way above what people ever thought. Then come the playoffs and every freakin' GM is saying, "How did I miss that guy?".

I refuse to demean Ellington and Harris, we could be looking at the next Amendola and Gordon.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because BB doesn't think like anyone else, trying to guess anything is futile. None thye less, I've spent a lot of time looking at the roster trying t0o figure out who might be on the team and who might play. Just for fun, I decided to look primarily at the defense and who the starters will be for the first preseason game. Almost everyone gets to play so that the coaching staff cann see what every guy has to offer. Here's my guess at the starting defense for the first preseason game:

J. McCourty P. Chung D. McCourty S. Gilmore
C. Van Noy E. Roberts J. Bentley D. Hightower
M. Bennett Pennell R. Guy

It appears to be a 3-4 but can switch quick to a 4-3 with Hightower moving in. Or they can move Van Noy in and create a 5-2.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because BB doesn't think like anyone else, trying to guess anything is futile. None thye less, I've spent a lot of time looking at the roster trying t0o figure out who might be on the team and who might play. Just for fun, I decided to look primarily at the defense and who the starters will be for the first preseason game. Almost everyone gets to play so that the coaching staff cann see what every guy has to offer. Here's my guess at the starting defense for the first preseason game:

J. McCourty P. Chung D. McCourty S. Gilmore
C. Van Noy E. Roberts J. Bentley D. Hightower
M. Bennett Pennell R. Guy

It appears to be a 3-4 but can switch quick to a 4-3 with Hightower moving in. Or they can move Van Noy in and create a 5-2.

Maybe for 1st play - maybe not.
BB has built a situational team. If we don't lose this through cuts, we'll have certain players for certain teams and even certain situations.

Matters who makes the cuts. Doesn't matter who starts, IMHO

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gdmt

Aw well...replace “dead” with “retired” if it so pleases you, the joke would still work

My apologies to Mr. Guy, was so sure I remembered reading that he’d passed I didn’t even bother to look it up for confirmation before I posted