• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In first by a game and a tiebreak

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Its funny because if we wouldve beat the Saints and the Falcons badly, the discussion today would be that Graham didnt play much and Atlanta flat out sucks and nobody would be convinced for such and such reasons. I find it much harder to rally and come back from behind than to dominate a team.

If a couple of close wins in fact give us implications on whats ahead then we better not show up in N.E and fold up now.

Its always something whether we are winning or losing. Either we should have won blah blah blah and are better than our record looks or we should have lost blah blah blah and we are worse than our recrod.

But like the legend Shaggy Rogers once said, "You are what your record says you are. And the Detroit Lions are 6-2" -shaggy rogers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the Lions come back, with a little luck, several times the past several weeks.
Luck didn't make them come back, it just helped. Kinda opened the door on their way into The Winning Building. Took their coat, showed em to their table.

Now to see the easy stuff, like dominating the Dolohins. :suds:

I don't think anyone is unhappy with the Ws Yao. It's the level of play, both halves. Start to finish. Bigger and better challenges are looming. Execution will need to improve accordingly. I believe it can.

Bye Week was well timed this year. CJ, BP, Ebron, Fauria, Van Noy and Bush all could be ready to contribute after the extra rest. That's luckin' out too, to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaggy Rogers....... Was he the lyrical gangsta? Did you catch him on the counta?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't all teams who win a lot of games get lucky? Being lucky, getting the breaks, is pretty much part of being good. Now we've won 2 games in a row that we probably should have lost and if this O gets on track, this team will be hard to stop. On the flip side, the Packers have feasted on garbage for the most part. All of their wins are against sub-500 teams and the 2 teams that they played above .500, they got waxed. NO is probably going to finish at or above .500, the Packers got waxed by them. they didn't just get beat, they got embarrassed. I know you have to beat the king to get the crown but GB really isn't this great team people make them out to be.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try and sum it up....When the Lions convincing kick someones ass (preferbly a contender) doubts will linger, after all it is the Lions......

Lions hardly ever beat a team convincingly. The are always coming back with hell marries to CJ or some crap.......

When the Lions do what Seattle did to the Broncos in the Super Bowl on a consistent basis against shitty teams like the Falcons then you will get more people to believe and more faith can be put upon them.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a way of playing down to lesser teams and quite frankly that makes me sick......Looking at both teams the Falcons and Lions before the game, the Lions are the ones that should of had the fricking 21-0 lead at half. That's why some of us are hesitant to leap off the bridge and pretend things are rosy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try and sum it up....When the Lions convincing kick someones ass (preferbly a contender) doubts will linger, after all it is the Lions......

Lions hardly ever beat a team convincingly. The are always coming back with hell marries to CJ or some crap.......

When the Lions do what Seattle did to the Broncos in the Super Bowl on a consistent basis against shitty teams like the Falcons then you will get more people to believe and more faith can be put upon them.

You could of used the Cowboys vs Seahawks game for example. Still would of made that point.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to add, outside of being in 1st in the North, I think we are the #2 seed right now with our 2-0 division record and 5-1 conference record. I really don't care how we got here, I'm along for the ride!!!

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a way of playing down to lesser teams and quite frankly that makes me sick......Looking at both teams the Falcons and Lions before the game, the Lions are the ones that should of had the fricking 21-0 lead at half. That's why some of us are hesitant to leap off the bridge and pretend things are rosy.

Damn that's too bad. I remember in the pre season reading all over the place, and even hearing Caldwell and Lions players saying that the only chance the Lions have is if a bunch of pessimists leap off a bridge and pretend things are rosy by week 9.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Raises hand) I to, would love for the Lions to kick a team's ass. I really would. For now though, just give me the W's, make the playoffs and push forward.

I know how all the years of losing have damaged the entire fanbase but I hate it when a so-called bad team comes from behind and wins, its called lucky but if a good team wins in the same fashion, its because they refuse to lose. Lol.