• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In a NY Minute

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^

It's pre season, you gotta wait and see how he performs on game day ... He's looked good, so it's encouraging for NY fans, but you gotta wait and see for sure...
They've been watching eli for years. Anything else was going to look good by comparison.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get real. u saw the clutch plays.

and thats touting brady as the GOAT, the most clutch of all time etc etc........im firmly on that train

8-4 record
242 completions out of 400 passes
60% Completion
18 TDS
9 INTS
Taken his team to the playoffs 6 times and won two Super Bowls!

I was being a smart ass calling him a "legend!"

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ragged on the pick and do think it was deserving to an extent, but at the same time if he was their guy and they couldn't move to a spot where they knew they'd still get him I don't blame them.

I think the backlash was in part a combination of the team just making a bunch of weird decisions.

Gettleman wanted to make sure they got their guy. I think if he was left on the board after the Giants picked, you had Broncos and the Skins possibly making a move up to get him before the Giants next first round pick.

Sure the" Broncos got their guy" and the" Skins got their guy", but at the same time they weren't going to come out and say " we really wanted Jones but we weren't going to give up the farm to move up and take him!"

That's what makes the NFL draft so damn entertaining, all the cat and mouse games leading up to draft, something is leaked ( true or fake) and people panic

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-4 record
242 completions out of 400 passes
60% Completion
18 TDS
9 INTS
Taken his team to the playoffs 6 times and won two Super Bowls!

I was being a smart ass calling him a "legend!"
im not saying his playoff record, or playoff stats are great. But on the biggest stage in the biggest game. Twice he stared down the GOAT, and one of the GOAT coaches, and hell maybe the GOAT team, went clutch, and won. That is the legend. NOTHING else. the rest of his career is meh.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was my favorite QB heading into the draft. I thought all the hate he has been receiving since the Giants were rumored to be interested in drafting him has been way overboard.