• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm thinking extending Anthony Davis was a mistake

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis plays right tackle, on passing plays he mostly needs to keep the edge and push/run his guy past the QB, this is how the protection is designed, and also help from a TE or RB when needed! Ideally protecting this way gives Kaep a running lane or a place to step up! On the called running plays, we have some of the best and biggest linemen in the game! The called QB sweep was executed very well, Go 49ers!!

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis hasn't been as good as the last two years, but it's not anything that isn't correctable. Two cases where on the first time we were 3rd and short and they gave it to Bruce Miller and he got stuffed is because Anthony Davis got beat off the ball where his Dlineman slanted to his inside and Davis couldn't stop the penetration and the lineman stuffed the play. After that, he corrected it and the other two times we gave it to Bruce we converted both times.

Another play where we passed the ball a linebacker(I believe) showed outside rush, then slipped inside and Davis barely even touched him. Kap never saw the guy coming and barely got the ball off before he got planted. He probably fumbles the ball if he doesn't get it off. From what I saw, that was the first time that day he saw that move and was cheating on his kick out and got beat for it. It wasn't a problem after that.

Davis is young, is our main olineman with a mean streak, stays out of off the field trouble, and is at a pretty reasonable contract for a guy who was close to being a pro bowler the past two years. We have to be willing to let down years slide as long as it's not down years due to physical issues or a trend. It's very rare for someone to really be better every year or maintain a high level without some sliding once in awhile.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Davis didn't get obscene money either. It was good money, but it's not an albatross.