• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm just here so I won't get fined

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Christ. Can't believe how badly the mark is missed here.

I do not begrudge anyone doing what they can do to legally generate income for themselves and their families. A normal Joe applying for a trademark is extremely common in today's age. However, for someone in the public eye who has made it abundantly clear to the civilized world his avoidance in dealing with the media applies for a patent to highlight his phrase, which was nothing more than a sophomoric attempt in taunting league rules, and not think this was going to stir the pot is idiotic. Lynch and his people are much smarter than this and I'm sure it was discussed as a potential "hot seller.

Those of you that feel the need to rush in on your white steeds to come to his defense is unwarranted. This is not a bash on him to make money, it is more a method to capitalize on his reputation as a rebel. He knows it, his management teams knows it, and only those filled with blind loyalty knows it as well.

Oh, and wazz, an argument certainly can be made that those that continually to seek out racism are truly racists themselves. Bringing up that topic as a response to any of the posts on this thread is about as far fetched as you can be.

Peace

Why do you hate Marshawn Lynch?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in your opinion, everybody involved including the marketing team, didn't realize that this was newsworthy?

If so, they are dumber than a bag of wet mice.
His "marketing team" know that if he just answers the questions then no one cares. But every time he pulls his childish stunts, he gets SportsCenter time. He knows what he is doing.

Maybe. Maybe not. But what this thread is about is about a trademark application over 3 weeks after the event occurred.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having a hard time deciding why it's newsworthy myself.

I applied for a trademark last week for a business venture I plan on starting. I understand I'm not Marshawn Lynch but it's a simple trademark application, nothing more. Here's a surprise for you, he wants to make money. People want to buy these clothes. Businesses put trademarks on things they want to make money on.

Nothing newsworthy here.

"If SEA or a player on my team does something, then it's a prudent move. If someone does this to a detriment of my team or a player on it, it's money grubbing and should be shamed or flat out ignored."

Did I capture your sentiment correctly?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not. But what this thread is about is about a trademark application over 3 weeks after the event occurred.

Agreed. But because it happened 3 weeks later does not detract from the initial shock value.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If SEA or a player on my team does something, then it's a prudent move. If someone does this to a detriment of my team or a player on it, it's money grubbing and should be shamed or flat out ignored."

Nope. Nice mis-characterization though.

I hope that Lynch's request gets declined (I think it's a bullshit trademark), but I fully understand why he would do it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What it really is about is how the same SEA fans that bashed A&M for owning a trademark for words "YOU DIDN'T INVENT" would call this a smart move by a smart man.

As has already been shown, I was spot on since that is what is happening.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it really is about is how the same SEA fans that bashed A&M for owning a trademark for words "YOU DIDN'T INVENT" would call this a smart move by a smart man.

As has already been shown, I was spot on since that is what is happening.

I assume you think I'm one of the "same SEA fans".

My argument against the TAMU trademark is that it's a bullshit trademark; one that NEVER should have gotten approved.

So is Lynch's.

That being said; I understand why BOTH parties would attempt to get each trademark.

So, not exactly spot on, but your red herring was fun for a few seconds.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, you don't have the incensed KFFL liberals following you around too, do you? :L

I NEVER posted at KFFL! I is affronted en shit, leaving to never return, 'cept as an alt.

Have a nice life, Hammer...hope you don't run into any Newport smokers down to the Winn Dixie parking lot

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you think I'm one of the "same SEA fans".

My argument against the TAMU trademark is that it's a bullshit trademark; one that NEVER should have gotten approved.

So is Lynch's.

That being said; I understand why BOTH parties would attempt to get each trademark.

So, not exactly spot on, but your red herring was fun for a few seconds.

I have a red herring because you are assuming something? Funny stuff bro

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a red herring because you are assuming something? Funny stuff bro

Well, you replied to me....so....

Tell me how the position I laid out (my actual position, not the one you wrote for me) is inconsistent will you. Or you can just STFU, either way.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I NEVER posted at KFFL! I is affronted en shit, leaving to never return, 'cept as an alt.

Have a nice life, Hammer...hope you don't run into any Newport smokers down to the Winn Dixie parking lot

Might as well sue me for a million. See you in court, biotch!