• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm just here so I won't get fined

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hurry up and use that as much as I want, before Lynch trademarks a phrase and words that he didn't invent.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ks-files-trademark-super-bowl-media-day-quote

running back Marshawn Lynch is a man of few words, but when he utters those words, he sometimes trademarks them.

Lynch last week filed for the trademark to the phrase "I'm just here so I won't get fined" with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Lynch famously uttered the phrase as the answer to more than 20 questions on Super Bowl XLIX media day before walking off the podium.
[/URL]

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Jimmy trademarked ''How Bout them Cowboys''....guess he couldn't, without Jerry suing him lol

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt for years that we need a federal law requiring everyone to tattoo their IQ on their forehead. Then you'll know before hand that you're talking to an idiot.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Marshawn Lynch is now considered humorous and clever is an indictment of American sports and sports fans as a whole.

It's embarrassing.

When will this dimwit be off my TV?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fuckin tool box

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repaired that.

I have no hatred for winners. If I did, I would not support the Packers.

That said, I have grown tired of the antics of many professional sports figures, mainly 2 of your so called winners. For a guy who is supposed to shy away from the media, it appears he does all he can to thrust himself into the spotlight. A bit ironic, don't you think?

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, I have grown tired of the antics of many professional sports figures, mainly 2 of your so called winners. For a guy who is supposed to shy away from the media, it appears he does all he can to thrust himself into the spotlight. A bit ironic, don't you think?

He applied for a trademark (or likely, his marketing team did)...he didn't write a press release or make a public appearance and discuss it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If he played for the Packers, you'd elect him for POTUS. Why do you hate him?"

It's coming... :L

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He applied for a trademark (or likely, his marketing team did)...he didn't write a press release or make a public appearance and discuss it.

So, in your opinion, everybody involved including the marketing team, didn't realize that this was newsworthy?

If so, they are dumber than a bag of wet mice.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in your opinion, everybody involved including the marketing team, didn't realize that this was newsworthy?

If so, they are dumber than a bag of wet mice.

I'm having a hard time deciding why it's newsworthy myself.

I applied for a trademark last week for a business venture I plan on starting. I understand I'm not Marshawn Lynch but it's a simple trademark application, nothing more. Here's a surprise for you, he wants to make money. People want to buy these clothes. Businesses put trademarks on things they want to make money on.

Nothing newsworthy here.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repaired that.

LOL,, bingo...

HOW DARE Lynch try to make as much money, any way possible, during his time in the sun, Like many of you Haters/possibly racists? have said, he'll probably be broke 4 years after football, so why aren't you congratulating him for finding another form of income?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL,, bingo...

HOW DARE Lynch try to make as much money, any way possible, during his time in the sun, Like many of you Haters/possibly racists? have said, he'll probably be broke 4 years after football, so why aren't you congratulating him for finding another form of income?

Absolutely, these same hay-tors would be bitchin up a red streak in a few years if he ended up broke and on the dole from the gov't's teat. I can hear their shrill loser voices right now: "He should have invested his money wisely and not blown it all on houses for his mother and PCP. LOL, I'm so funny, like my post and I'll like yours."

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Christ. Can't believe how badly the mark is missed here.

I do not begrudge anyone doing what they can do to legally generate income for themselves and their families. A normal Joe applying for a trademark is extremely common in today's age. However, for someone in the public eye who has made it abundantly clear to the civilized world his avoidance in dealing with the media applies for a patent to highlight his phrase, which was nothing more than a sophomoric attempt in taunting league rules, and not think this was going to stir the pot is idiotic. Lynch and his people are much smarter than this and I'm sure it was discussed as a potential "hot seller.

Those of you that feel the need to rush in on your white steeds to come to his defense is unwarranted. This is not a bash on him to make money, it is more a method to capitalize on his reputation as a rebel. He knows it, his management teams knows it, and only those filled with blind loyalty knows it as well.

Oh, and wazz, an argument certainly can be made that those that continually to seek out racism are truly racists themselves. Bringing up that topic as a response to any of the posts on this thread is about as far fetched as you can be.

Peace

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His "marketing team" know that if he just answers the questions then no one cares. But every time he pulls his childish stunts, he gets SportsCenter time. He knows what he is doing.