• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is your team better than the 11 and 07 team? Because every year the first big team the pats play in the postseason, they lose to them. I don't know what the pats are doing this time but I'm getting the sense the pats didnt want to embrace being the bully before and now its like that is what they appear to be doing. Are the bad guys back?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have the personnel to be a bully. The defense in 07 and 11 were awful and could not be trusted for even a single stop with the game on the line. They had to blow people out to win.

This team is restocked. They have the personnel, they have the depth (although limited a little by extreme injuries), and they are one of the youngest teams in the league. They can pound the ball like they haven't been able to since Corey dillon, and they have the talent on defense to make plays and compete. They won't dominate anyone on that side of the ball, but they'll make you fight and work for your points.

I wish our young receivers were healthier, but they can still move the ball very effectively and put up points with anyone.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we lose to Denver, this has been one of my favorite years of being a Pats fan. Belichick is coach of the year in my book.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos worry me the least of the three remaining teams but it won't be an easy game to win. IMO...they're one year away from the championship caliber team they had in '03 and '04. They could win it all this year but both the Seahawks and 49ers have better overall talent. That being said, I think their best chance will be against the Seahawks.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos worry me the least of the three remaining teams but it won't be an easy game to win. IMO...they're one year away from the championship caliber team they had in '03 and '04. They could win it all this year but both the Seahawks and 49ers have better overall talent. That being said, I think their best chance will be against the Seahawks.

I disagree that any of the teams remaining has more talent. The Patriots have players at every position that would rank top 5-10 with the rest of the league. Whether they are in the Pro bowl or not. What they do have is more players with combination of talent and experience. The Pats have such a young roster that is both hungry and talented.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that any of the teams remaining has more talent. The Patriots have players at every position that would rank top 5-10 with the rest of the league. Whether they are in the Pro bowl or not. What they do have is more players with combination of talent and experience. The Pats have such a young roster that is both hungry and talented.

The Pats lost Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Gronk, Vollmer and Spikes so I don't see how they're still as talented as the 49ers and Seahawks are.

Quick shot at it...Not top 5-10: Hoomanawanui, Amendola, Collie, Thompkins, Siliga, Vellano, Gregory, Chris Jones, Fletcher and their punter as of right now...Ghost.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could not agree more. I want Seattle to win because that offense does not scare me one bit and particularly away from the noise in Seattle. Frisco scares me and I think they will beat Seattle. regardless of who wins the Pats Broncos game I will root for the winner to win SB. I cannot stand either Frisco or Seattle and if BB acted 1/10 as bad as Harbaugh does week in and week out he would be crucified in the media.

If per chance we win it this year we could go on a mini streak. Now all BB has to do is get talib, Blount and Edelman to stay. I hope those guys somehow realize this is where there best chance for personal and team success is. Blount has very low mileage and Briz and I have wanted that beast back ever since Dillon. Once BB convinced Blount to lower his pad level he has been on fire. He has rushed for 598 yards on 98 carries which is 6+ yards a carry.

Colts game was a classic example of what a big back and a running game does. The Colts were worn down by the running game. The key with Denver is not to fall behind which is easier said than done.

Win or lose this young team grew up a lot and I can see the light with the young talent on defense.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we lose to Denver, this has been one of my favorite years of being a Pats fan. Belichick is coach of the year in my book.

Without a doubt. The loss of Wilfork, Gronk alone would sink most teams; not to mention the relatively green receiving corp that Brady has had to work with. When it is all said and done, I think a strong case can be made that Belichick is the best NFL coach in history. A truly brilliant NFL mind.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver scares me the most simply because they're our next game.

I too think we'll win but then, I thought we'd win last year and I certainly wouldn't have predicted a second half shutout last year.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats lost Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Gronk, Vollmer and Spikes so I don't see how they're still as talented as the 49ers and Seahawks are.

Quick shot at it...Not top 5-10: Hoomanawanui, Amendola, Collie, Thompkins, Siliga, Vellano, Gregory, Chris Jones, Fletcher and their punter as of right now...Ghost.

I agree with that assessment but they hae the building blocks in place and Siliga, Vellano, and Jones have improved. Chandler Jones is an elite DE and Ninkovich is just a football player. Few teams can match either Frisco or Seattle on the defensive side but I do like our CBs and Hightower is playing very well and Collins is coming on. That was not chopped liver the Pats defense held to two offensive touchdowns. Andrew Luck is one hell of a QB and that team beat denver, Frisco and Seattle which means little to us but they did beat them.

Pats are playing well together which gives them a chance but UNHO they are the 4th best team talent wise left but if BB can win with those scrubs he had in 2001 he might be able to pull a miracle out of his hat this year because none of the other teams is even close to as good as the Rams were in 2001.

Nome of the teams left scare me but Pats have to play their absolute best to win. The basic advantage Pats have is BB is game plan specific and the other teams play the same defense and never change. In another moment of sadness if we had a healthy Grink right now there is no way any of these teams could beat us and that is only my opinion but I am not sold on either of the QBs in the NFC. Manning scares me but that is expected.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chris Harris out and Quentin Jammer taking his place, I would expect to see Brady take advantage of that. Rivers burned Jammer pretty good towards the end of the game, and even Jammer admitted he sucked. Plus, they are going to be shifting Bailey over to an unfamiliar spot, so that could also work out to the Pats advantage.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver scares me the most simply because they're our next game.

I too think we'll win but then, I thought we'd win last year and I certainly wouldn't have predicted a second half shutout last year.

I think they're better than either NFC team too. Sell out against the run and keep either NFC QB in the pocket, and they can't beat you IMO. Peyton is scarier than their defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chris Harris out and Quentin Jammer taking his place, I would expect to see Brady take advantage of that. Rivers burned Jammer pretty good towards the end of the game, and even Jammer admitted he sucked. Plus, they are going to be shifting Bailey over to an unfamiliar spot, so that could also work out to the Pats advantage.

Moving him to an unfamiliar spot? You mean LCB where he has played 14 years of his career? Also not sure Jammer is the one that will be starting. We shall see. There are 2 other corners on the Broncos that have started over him at different times this year so my guess is coaches watch all 3 and see which one looks the best.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much it matters who the Denver CBs are. The Patriots don't have serious receiving threats that demand top tier CB talent to cover.

How is this team different from '07 and '11? Well, the '07 team was the most talented team fielded in at least the last 15 years, so this team is flat out worse than that one.

The '11 team? Literally opposite identity. This is a power rushing team with a questionable defensive front 7 and a strong secondary. The '11 team was a spread offense pure passing team with a strong front 7 and crap secondary.

Whether it will be enough to change the outcome, well, we'll have to wait and see about that. New England has a seriously flawed roster. Denver is just as flawed, though in different ways. Both NFC teams look better than either AFC team, so if raw talent wins out, bet on the winner of the NFCCG. But, as we saw in 2007 (but not 2011; those Giants were simply a better team than the 2011 Patriots), the more talented team doesn't always win in a one game playoff.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt. The loss of Wilfork, Gronk alone would sink most teams; not to mention the relatively green receiving corp that Brady has had to work with. When it is all said and done, I think a strong case can be made that Belichick is the best NFL coach in history. A truly brilliant NFL mind.

Hell, the Hernandez saga alone would sink more than half the teams in the league. It's been a remarkable year. I want one more win because I just don't want Manning to go out on top - I'm spiteful that way. I don't care so much about the SB.

P.s. 2 out of every 3 years over his whole career, Tom Brady plays in the AFC Championship Game. If they win Sunday, it'll be his sixth Super Bowl in 12 seasons - he'll play in the SB 50% of the time over his 12 year career to date. They'll have done it with teams as diverse as the '01 no-name squad, the '03-'04 defense-first Patriots, the '07 super team that blew most opponents out so badly that they were accused of running up the score because Brady started the second half for the Patriots, and the '11 team which was basically Tom Brady carrying the team with little support. It's simply unbelievable. People focus on the SB and he has those, but look at the whole picture and it's mind blowing.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't mean every player at every position...And yes....Not TE.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more. I want Seattle to win because that offense does not scare me one bit and particularly away from the noise in Seattle. Frisco scares me and I think they will beat Seattle. regardless of who wins the Pats Broncos game I will root for the winner to win SB. I cannot stand either Frisco or Seattle and if BB acted 1/10 as bad as Harbaugh does week in and week out he would be crucified in the media.

If per chance we win it this year we could go on a mini streak. Now all BB has to do is get talib, Blount and Edelman to stay. I hope those guys somehow realize this is where there best chance for personal and team success is. Blount has very low mileage and Briz and I have wanted that beast back ever since Dillon. Once BB convinced Blount to lower his pad level he has been on fire. He has rushed for 598 yards on 98 carries which is 6+ yards a carry.

Colts game was a classic example of what a big back and a running game does. The Colts were worn down by the running game. The key with Denver is not to fall behind which is easier said than done.

Win or lose this young team grew up a lot and I can see the light with the young talent on defense.

Seattle does not scare me at all on a neutral field. Their run defense can be had (see the tape on the Rams this year and the passing game of the Seahawks has been even more inept than the Niners this year).

I agree with your sentiment that the Niners should win that game because they are simply playing better than the Seahawks on both sides of the ball.

If the Broncos come out as flat as they did against the Chargers, they will play from behind on Sunday. I think that we are going to run the ball quite well against Denver and I feel that the Broncos are going to have issues with our defensive personnel at cornerback and on the front 7. If Collins can replicate the game that he had against Indianapolis then that is going to be huge.

Believe it or not, my X factor in the Patriots game is Devin McCourty and whomever is back with him at safety (Harmon/Gregory). They have to play better than what they did against Indianapolis, particularly McCourty.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that assessment but they hae the building blocks in place and Siliga, Vellano, and Jones have improved. Chandler Jones is an elite DE and Ninkovich is just a football player. Few teams can match either Frisco or Seattle on the defensive side but I do like our CBs and Hightower is playing very well and Collins is coming on. That was not chopped liver the Pats defense held to two offensive touchdowns. Andrew Luck is one hell of a QB and that team beat denver, Frisco and Seattle which means little to us but they did beat them.

Pats are playing well together which gives them a chance but UNHO they are the 4th best team talent wise left but if BB can win with those scrubs he had in 2001 he might be able to pull a miracle out of his hat this year because none of the other teams is even close to as good as the Rams were in 2001.

Nome of the teams left scare me but Pats have to play their absolute best to win. The basic advantage Pats have is BB is game plan specific and the other teams play the same defense and never change. In another moment of sadness if we had a healthy Grink right now there is no way any of these teams could beat us and that is only my opinion but I am not sold on either of the QBs in the NFC. Manning scares me but that is expected.

Sounds right to me. If they win I don't think it'll be as unlikely as 2001 but it'll be another chapter in the legend of Bill Belichick. I can't remember if it was 2001 or not but one championship year they had something like 42 different starters so a win this year would remind me more of that. If they make it, I'll be hoping for bad weather no matter who they play. I think it'll help their chances but no matter who gets there, I'd love to see it played in snow this year.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds right to me. If they win I don't think it'll be as unlikely as 2001 but it'll be another chapter in the legend of Bill Belichick. I can't remember if it was 2001 or not but one championship year they had something like 42 different starters so a win this year would remind me more of that. If they make it, I'll be hoping for bad weather no matter who they play. I think it'll help their chances but no matter who gets there, I'd love to see it played in snow this year.

I hope that the defensive tackles provide a little bit more in this weeks' game. They did a good job controlling the man in front of them and applied a little pressure when a pass play was on last week.

I think that BB is going to throw a lot of exotic schemes this Sunday. More so than last week.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. The way he evolved their scheme to match their talent this season is impressive. All I know is if this game isn't an all out war I'll be shocked and disappointed.

Also, I object to the notion that the Seahawks or 49ers are more complete teams. Both are good at what they do and are talented, but both have some short-comings on the offensive side of the ball that can be exploited. Essentially, crowd the line and dare them to pass.