• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Convinced Borges Is Blind.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we talking about here - whether the hit was illegal, or whether being injured by that hit proves Amendola is fragile?

Amendola wasn't in the act of catching the ball, so defenseless receiver rules simply don't apply. I didn't notice whether the defender led with the crown of his helmet but I haven't heard any suggestion that he did. The hit was probably legal.

Amendola appeared to take a severe, concussive blow to his head. When he went to the ground, he made no effort to break his fall, implying that he was unconscious or severely concussed before hitting the ground. This is not a toughness or durability issue; sometimes when you take a shot like that, you get seriously injured.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we talking about here - whether the hit was illegal, or whether being injured by that hit proves Amendola is fragile?

Amendola wasn't in the act of catching the ball, so defenseless receiver rules simply don't apply. I didn't notice whether the defender led with the crown of his helmet but I haven't heard any suggestion that he did. The hit was probably legal.

Amendola appeared to take a severe, concussive blow to his head. When he went to the ground, he made no effort to break his fall, implying that he was unconscious or severely concussed before hitting the ground. This is not a toughness or durability issue; sometimes when you take a shot like that, you get seriously injured.

If the hit was not H2H as I feel and the force of the shoulder to shoulder or potentially shoulder to helmet hit caused the concussion then IMO it's not ilegal, not finable and speaks volumes to how fragile Amendola is. The more people are concussed the more prone they are to being concuessed again. If indeed the force of the blow was absord by the body and the effect of that blow caused the two helmets to make contact that is much less severe then a direct H2H hit. And if he was concussed as a result I think it's clear he is pretty fragile.

And to reiterate I simply do not believe it was H2H, malicious, targeted or any of the other catch phrases some here want to toss out. It was IMO a clean hit which cause a severe injury.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was a penalty. But if you don't think the bulk of the blow was helmet to helmet you need your eyes checked.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a runner so i don't know if the targeting rule applies here. :noidea:

It doesn't. There's not much doubt that it's not a penalty - they'd have to call crown of the helmet, which I don't think applies here either.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was a penalty. But if you don't think the bulk of the blow was helmet to helmet you need your eyes checked.

Or perhaps you need to remove your Patriot Colored Shades and look again.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling me a homer is retarded. I am one of the most objective posters here.

But buying your claim, what benefit is there to the patriots to realize the blatant helmet to helmet there was indeed helmet to helmet? It's not illegal...

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling me a homer is retarded. I am one of the most objective posters here.

But buying your claim, what benefit is there to the patriots to realize the blatant helmet to helmet there was indeed helmet to helmet? It's not illegal...

You are very very far from objective check out some of our past coversation in relation to Dobson. Calling yourself objective does not make it so.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he is the best receiver on our team, which is true. It is impossible for that to be a homer statement when it is solely comparing him to others on our team.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he is the best receiver on our team, which is true. It is impossible for that to be a homer statement when it is solely comparing him to others on our team.

And the data supplied to clearly showed that was not the case, yet you stammered on. Look bottom line you are not by any means objective but if you think you are more power to you, I will not debate what I know to be factual.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone is saying it was targeting. Both players dove at the same time. The shoulders hit and then the helmets hit. Not sure what we are talking about here, LOL. Bottom line, he got knocked out. Not sure what caused him to get knocked out, lets just say both caused it. I am sure the face plant didn't help either. It was shoulder to shoulder which lead to helmet to helmet.....I'll blame it 50/50!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone is saying it was targeting. Both players dove at the same time. The shoulders hit and then the helmets hit. Not sure what we are talking about here, LOL. Bottom line, he got knocked out. Not sure what caused him to get knocked out, lets just say both caused it. I am sure the face plant didn't help either. It was shoulder to shoulder which lead to helmet to helmet.....I'll blame it 50/50!

This is exactly how I saw it too.

Another thing I saw was he kind of got crushed by two guys I wonder if that had something to do with too.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly how I saw it too.

Another thing I saw was he kind of got crushed by two guys I wonder if that had something to do with too.

I am sure all of it caused the problem. Its hard to say this, but wish he would have protected himself better. Not sure you can make that decision as your playing. Oh well...

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure all of it caused the problem. Its hard to say this, but wish he would have protected himself better. Not sure you can make that decision as your playing. Oh well...

Yeah I was thinking he could have slid there gave himself up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too is a possibility. My point is IMO it's not a clear cut targeted H2H hit.

Agreed,100%. Hence my first post was thus;

"It was clearly helmet to helmet, though it looked unintentional."

Bush lowered the shoulder, Amedola lowered the shoulder, the angle caused the heads to come together. With concussive force because...well because it resulted in a concussion.
A micrometer difference and it may have been Bush feeling woozy. Maybe he did.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was saying on a post game show that Amendola didn't even get hit in the head and was basically knocked out by a body blow. It was clearly helmet to helmet contact and I'm sure that defender will be fined to prove it.

So when are fines levied?

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

So when are fines levied?

LOL! You can't help yourself.

I'm not like you, I can admit if I'm wrong and if Bush doesn't get fined it'll be because he's in a different realm because Amendola ran the ball. That doesn't mean it wasn't helmet to helmet, it just means he was like Ridley when Pollard knocked him out with a helmet to helmet hit. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about a fine if it doesn't happen but I don't have to admit I'm as blind as you and Borges because it was helmet to helmet. You're in good company there with sleepy eye Ronny.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! You can't help yourself.

I'm not like you, I can admit if I'm wrong and if Bush doesn't get fined it'll be because he's in a different realm because Amendola ran the ball. That doesn't mean it wasn't helmet to helmet, it just means he was like Ridley when Pollard knocked him out with a helmet to helmet hit. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about a fine if it doesn't happen but I don't have to admit I'm as blind as you and Borges because it was helmet to helmet. You're in good company there with sleepy eye Ronny.

Ohh you are plenty blind, a blind homer incapable of seeing things as they truly are. Well, I guess the bottom line is this, the league and a few others didn't see like you did, just live with seeing as though you say you can admit when you are wrong evidance to the contrary suggest that is just a lie.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh you are plenty blind, a blind homer incapable of seeing things as they truly are. Well, I guess the bottom line is this, the league and a few others didn't see like you did, just live with seeing as though you say you can admit when you are wrong evidance to the contrary suggest that is just a lie.

LOL! I'm a homer? I think you just made most of this board laugh because I'm probably the Pats loudest critic here.

Get this through your skull if you can stop banging it against the wall for a few minutes...the fact that Amendola was technically a runner makes a difference. Bush was exempt from the defenseless receiver rule because of that FACT.

It doesn't matter to me. Feel free to think what you want and see things the way you want.

Bottomline...My feeling toward the hit has nothing to do with being a Patriots fan so your insults about being a homer are just foolishness. After seeing the Frontline episode about former players becoming ill and committing suicide due to Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, and the NFL's concerted effort to deny any connection to it, I don't even feel like watching it any more. The NFL mirrored what the tobacco companies did and all you have to do is substitute CTE for lung cancer. Both entities have a product that damaged its users, both entities played dumb before Congress and both entities used every means at their disposal to deny any problems until they couldn't any longer. HCs like Parcells hired team doctors who said it was ok to send a player back into the same game after a concussion. Why? Because he wanted to win regardless of what happened later to his players. That is a sick minded individual and there are plenty of them just like him in the NFL and among its fans. Maybe you've forgotten about Junior Seau and can gloss over head hunters like Bush because of technicalities??? You claim the hit wasn't malicious. How would you feel if you learned your home town knowingly treated your drinking water with a chemical they knew might cause cancer? Suppose you found out about it after you became ill and the town refused to admit any guilt or causation or compensate you and your family? I bet that would be malicious in your mind even if they followed the rules when they did it. I also bet you'd beat a path to the nearest lawyer too. Substitute yourself for the ill NFL players now because that is essentially what happened to them..