• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Convinced Borges Is Blind.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I'm a homer? I think you just made most of this board laugh because I'm probably the Pats loudest critic here.

Get this through your skull if you can stop banging it against the wall for a few minutes...the fact that Amendola was technically a runner makes a difference. Bush was exempt from the defenseless receiver rule because of that FACT.

It doesn't matter to me. Feel free to think what you want and see things the way you want.

Bottomline...My feeling toward the hit has nothing to do with being a Patriots fan so your insults about being a homer are just foolishness. You claim the hit wasn't malicious. ..

Okay I deleted all the drivel you posted that had nothing at all to do with the hit, you can soapbox for your damn wife about all the other shit. You were certain beyond the shadow of a doubt it was a helmet to helmet hit worthy of a fine which was sure to levied, you were dead ass wrong which proves the point that it was not. The legue saw it for what it was a body blow that caused casual head contact of both players. You defended that to the end even after I asked you to take a closer look. Your responce, I don't need to, well you do because you have no idea what you are talking about. These are same actions of the Patriots most famous homer M1020US. You can deny it all you want but you were far from objective on this. Critic or not has nothing to do with this ONE play, you turned a blind eye to how it really went down and flat out refusal to reasses the situation earned you the moniker of blind ass homer, it may well be a short term moniker but it's your badge to wear for a while, live with it.

At this point I am done with this subject, what's done is done out of respect I will read what ever retort you have but I'll not respond to it. Have A Nice Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the league saw it as an area where helmet to helmet hits are legal. It was very clear that the majority of the force of that hit was the helmets colliding.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I deleted all the drivel you posted that had nothing at all to do with the hit, you can soapbox for your damn wife about all the other shit. You were certain beyond the shadow of a doubt it was a helmet to helmet hit worthy of a fine which was sure to levied, you were dead ass wrong which proves the point that it was not. The legue saw it for what it was a body blow that caused casual head contact of both players. You defended that to the end even after I asked you to take a closer look. Your responce, I don't need to, well you do because you have no idea what you are talking about. These are same actions of the Patriots most famous homer M1020US. You can deny it all you want but you were far from objective on this. Critic or not has nothing to do with this ONE play, you turned a blind eye to how it really went down and flat out refusal to reasses the situation earned you the moniker of blind ass homer, it may well be a short term moniker but it's your badge to wear for a while, live with it.

At this point I am done with this subject, what's done is done out of respect I will read what ever retort you have but I'll not respond to it. Have A Nice Day.

ESPN was good in one respect, it kept some posters from spilling their brains out for everyone to see. I know all the words too....whoop-de-doo.

All I have to say is I hope you get well. Later.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the league saw it as an area where helmet to helmet hits are legal. It was very clear that the majority of the force of that hit was the helmets colliding.

BINGO...

Amendola doesn't have a shoulder problem today but he does have a concussion. That should open some eyes but I doubt it will.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are no areas where direct finable helmet to helmet hits are legal. If a player leads with the helmet and contacts another player in the helmet it will be fined. That was not the case. Runner or not, if a RB is running the ball and a defensive player leads with the head and contacts the head it's a fine. But again that is not what occured.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fines went out today, so looks like he is off the hook. They wont fine them, they had enough shit tossed on them last yr.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no areas where direct finable helmet to helmet hits are legal. If a player leads with the helmet and contacts another player in the helmet it will be fined. That was not the case. Runner or not, if a RB is running the ball and a defensive player leads with the head and contacts the head it's a fine. But again that is not what occured.

That's simply wrong.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that is talking about the ball carrier leading with the crown of their head, right?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that is talking about the ball carrier leading with the crown of their head, right?

And the same is true for a defender no player can lead with the crown of the head. In most instances, helmet-to-helmet collisions that are intentional or that could have been avoided will be considered unnecessary roughness, subject to a 15-yard penalty on the player, usually the defender, who initiated the contact. Incidental contact won't necessarily be flagged, though. For example, if a defender goes to tackle a runner, and the players' helmets bump, it may not rise to the level of unnecessary roughness if the defender didn't lead with his helmet and was not using the helmet as a weapon. Incidental contact is a judgment call for the officials.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Not every helmet to helmet is a fine. The fact that this wasn't fined (and you could find countless others) is plain evidence of that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was initially shoulder to helmet (like Mojo said) and the continuation of the play going to the ground is when the helmets hit. AD appeared to be knocked out by the shoulder hit to his head and not the helment. It also did a lot of damage the way his head bounced off the turf like that

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Not every helmet to helmet is a fine. The fact that this wasn't fined (and you could find countless others) is plain evidence of that.

I said that much earlier on the incidental contact is not a penalty nor will it draw a fine. It's apparent that Bush did not lead with the helmet the crown of the helmet. No sense in carrying on you are wrong and I am okay with that.