• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ILB

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Bowman, as we all know already, was an absolute beast last night. Why is he being used in this way when Willis is out? I'd love to see the team use him like this when Willis is healthy as well. Let 52 play in coverage and let Bowman loose. It's nice to think of them as being clones, but they aren't. They each have their own very special set of skills. Skills that are a nightmare for opposing teams.

Let Bow go after the QB more. If we can trust Wilhoite in coverage, we can trust Willis in coverage.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bowman is better then Willis. I agree with you that they need to use Bowman like this when Willis come back. I do think they used him this way because willis was out they used him like this because A. Smith was out. I think our DC depends on Smith to get most of the pressure but we should use both Bowman and Smith to get after the QB.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bowman, as we all know already, was an absolute beast last night. Why is he being used in this way when Willis is out? I'd love to see the team use him like this when Willis is healthy as well. Let 52 play in coverage and let Bowman loose. It's nice to think of them as being clones, but they aren't. They each have their own very special set of skills. Skills that are a nightmare for opposing teams.

Let Bow go after the QB more. If we can trust Wilhoite in coverage, we can trust Willis in coverage.

I never thought blitzing was a Willis strength.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis - 17.5 career sacks - 95 games
Bowman - 6 career sacks- 52 games

Since the 49ers drafted All Done
Willis - 2.5 sacks
Bowman - 6 sacks

I think Fangio is just getting conservative and lazy with his ILB because Aldon Smith is so damn good. He is happy with just rushing Brooks, RayMac, Justin, and Aldon on passing downs and dropping Willis and Bowman into coverage because most of the time those 4 are enough to pressure the QB.

Captain Obvious here... without Aldon he was forced to send his ILB on blitzes to create pressure without his pass-rushing crutch.

So, in the end, I agree that once Aldon comes back Fangio needs to start being more aggressive and sending one of those ILB on a blitz... giving the OLine a double look of both Pat and Bo blitzing, with only one of them actually going and disrupting that pocket while they are momentarily left guessing which one will actually blitz and maybe giving Brooks, RayMac, Justin, Aldon that split-second advantage of hesitation they need to beat a double team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think he depends on Al Smith too much. Bring Bowman and Smith and then u also have J. Smith. We will get atleast 3 sacks a game. Then throw in Brooks and Lemon. Damn that is scary. We need to be more aggressive. If we had Top CB then I wouldnt mind it but our CB need our front 7 to get after the QB

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too would like to see more of a change on the blitz schemes. Too many one on ones trying to rush the passer. Or if they do blitz it is a Zone blitz or like on thursday a run blitz. More pressure equals more turnovers and QB hits. But sometimes if its a Brady or Manning it equals more TDs too.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too would like to see more of a change on the blitz schemes. Too many one on ones trying to rush the passer. Or if they do blitz it is a Zone blitz or like on thursday a run blitz. More pressure equals more turnovers and QB hits. But sometimes if its a Brady or Manning it equals more TDs too.

if we blitz effectively we should be fine. i think we did a good job getting pressure without exposing ourselves last game. but it was against the rams. hopefully fangio gets more creative once we're healthy.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bowman is better then Willis. I agree with you that they need to use Bowman like this when Willis come back. I do think they used him this way because willis was out they used him like this because A. Smith was out. I think our DC depends on Smith to get most of the pressure but we should use both Bowman and Smith to get after the QB.

People need to stop saying that. Have you forgotten how many plays Willis used to make before Bowman was here?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Willis is Boss.... period!

I've said it after the TNF game, Bowman should be used more as the ILB blitzer than Willis... Bowman has been a pass rusher since PSU...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis is the man but Bowman is better. They are 1a and 1B.