• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ignore feature

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, its an internet message board. I provide a little bit different perspective than other fans do. Don't take it so seriously brother. Go Rangers and Gig 'Em!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, its an internet message board. I provide a little bit different perspective than other fans do. Don't take it so seriously brother. Go Rangers and Gig 'Em!

You don't offer any perspective. Always wanting to blow up the team is not a perspective.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never wanted to blow up the team. Never. When Lee wasn't pitching well for us last season I expressed my disappointment, but never wanted to just release the guy. When Wash mismanages the bullpen I get frustrated, but also believe he is learning on the job and I know the players like playing for him. When our hitters consistently don't practice patience at the plate, its upsetting, but that too, can improve.

Bottom line: Strong pitching, especially starting pitching, is how you win a World Series. The more the Rangers move in this direction, through their farm system, trades, free agency, payroll increases, etc... the more excited I will be about the club's future. Nolan and JD seem to get this so we're on our way. In the meantime, I'm a fan like anyone else, maybe over-reactionary at times, but I want to see us win the same as the rest.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never wanted to blow up the team. Never. When Lee wasn't pitching well for us last season I expressed my disappointment, but never wanted to just release the guy. When Wash mismanages the bullpen I get frustrated, but also believe he is learning on the job and I know the players like playing for him. When our hitters consistently don't practice patience at the plate, its upsetting, but that too, can improve.

Bottom line: Strong pitching, especially starting pitching, is how you win a World Series. The more the Rangers move in this direction, through their farm system, trades, free agency, payroll increases, etc... the more excited I will be about the club's future. Nolan and JD seem to get this so we're on our way. In the meantime, I'm a fan like anyone else, maybe over-reactionary at times, but I want to see us win the same as the rest.

React once, just ONCE in a positive way and I might believe you. You are lucky the old ESPN boards are gone. Otherwise I would post the link here where you wanted to cut Lee. You can lie about it now because it can't be proven that you said that, but those regulars who have seen your side show before can attest to the fact that you did in fact want Lee cut.

You tried about a month ago to deny it and I posted the link showing that you did. I'm sure some of the ones posting here will remember it, it was quite a big hit. You, jaar, and jeremy exclaiming the end of the season and how Lee was a colossal bust.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember it. Quite clearly in fact.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for highlighting the feature Kenny. Will keep it in mine although I'm more inclinded to just not respond to a post rather than putting on technological ear muffs. Even in the middle of a rant that ... there might be good points worth responding to ... but if I have the poster on Ignore ... I miss out on their perspective.

Tell us more what you do in Shanghai ... and how hard it must be to remain a TEX fan from the other side of the Earth... where you can't just tune in and listen to Norm on the way to work. Do you ever access The Ticket or other radio outlet on line to hear what they are talking about? Today of course it is probably all about how the Cowboys blew a two touchdown lead in the 4th quarter to lose their first game of the season to the Jets.

I listen to most of the Rangers games online, mlb.com. And if I'm not listening because I'm at work I have gamecast up and watching. I also have slingbox with tivo connected to it so I record some games so I can watch. I also spend lots of time on other message boards like newberg. I'm actually kind of a baseball junkie, well sports junkie. Also I'm not a cowboys fan! I have an odd list of teams I cheer for. I grew up in Oklahoma so when I became a football fan in the mid 80's I became a fan of the team that came on tv at 3pm every week!

Also, Norm is the only show worth listening too on the Ticket as far as I'm concerned. I use to love the Chuck Cooperstein show back in the day. The other shows don't talk about sports just trash which I'm not interested in listening too.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jaar, why don't you tell the people of the board where you live! Are you keeping it a secret? I know where you live. And it must be hard to be a Rangers fan there with so so many Angels fans around.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough. Don't get much love around these parts as a Ranger fan. But when Texas took care of USC a few years back, well, lets just say, I enjoyed it...thoroughly. And if the Rangers have a shot at a clinching the division somewhere "nearby", I hope to be there, loud and proud.

And Fordman, I recently posted on the CJ thread how well he has pitched of late. I'd say that's positive.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jaar, why don't you tell the people of the board where you live! Are you keeping it a secret? I know where you live. And it must be hard to be a Rangers fan there with so so many Angels fans around.

Also not a Cowboys fan, just too cliche' a lot like being a Yankees fan, the Jerry Jones act and sideshow just wore thin about a decade ago

I'm actually a longtime Tampa Bay Bucs fan

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try and be a good Mavericks fan but we always get Rockets crap on tv down here on fox sports, so dont get to watch them as much as I'd like

Also a graduate of A&M so of course I like seeing the Aggies win and the Longhorns lose

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not a Cowboys fan, just too cliche' a lot like being a Yankees fan, the Jerry Jones act and sideshow just wore thin about a decade ago

I'm actually a longtime Tampa Bay Bucs fan

My sports aligiences are kind of odd actually. Texas Rangers, San Francisco 49ers, and Detroit Pistons were always my favorite teams. With the exception of the Rangers I've been cheering for those teams since I was 10 or 11, I was born a Rangers fan! Since I'm from Oklahoma I have to be a Thunder fan, it's our first sports franchise.

If I could only cheer for one sports team it would be the Rangers. They are my first love regardless of sport.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough. Don't get much love around these parts as a Ranger fan. But when Texas took care of USC a few years back, well, lets just say, I enjoyed it...thoroughly. And if the Rangers have a shot at a clinching the division somewhere "nearby", I hope to be there, loud and proud.

And Fordman, I recently posted on the CJ thread how well he has pitched of late. I'd say that's positive.

You being a Rangers fan just outside Anaheim is probably just as bad as me being a 49ers fan in Arlington in the late 90's!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers, Cowboys, Longhorns, Spurs, and...the MINNESOTA WILD!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kenny how do you know where I "generally" live? Just curious.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kenny how do you know where I "generally" live? Just curious.

I'm the moderator and can see everybody's ip address. I just put the ip address into a locator that I found online and can see where everybody is. You're said you live in Redondo Beach or something like that. Is it accurate? When I put my ip in it said I was in Beijing but I live in Shanghai.

You either are a Rangers fan living in Cali or you're an Angels fan who is trolling. I'm going to take your word that you are a Rangers fan at least for now. : )

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty accurate. And being a 49er fan in Dallas would be tough. But being a Mav fan out here in Lakerland...that is serious business. So this year was great.

Angel fans are sort of like hardcore hockey fans out here. They are small in number but very passionate about their team. and they hate the Dodgers. I mean, really hate 'em.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure jaar is a Rangers fan just giving an alternative point of view.
Jaar how long have you been a Rangers fan? Do you go to many games? I don't go to many since I'm in China.

Just want to prove to those who think you're a troll that you aren't.

I just joined this website and have been touring different team and sports sites and this is the only board I've seen that is discussing banning posters, the ignore feature and trolls. As a matter of fact, it's one of the few boards with much discussion at all. Evidently this is a new forum with few posters anywhere and it would seem that asking someone to offer proof that they are actually a fan of a particular team is a bit stiff. Not very good P.R.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just joined this website and have been touring different team and sports sites and this is the only board I've seen that is discussing banning posters, the ignore feature and trolls. As a matter of fact, it's one of the few boards with much discussion at all. Evidently this is a new forum with few posters anywhere and it would seem that asking someone to offer proof that they are actually a fan of a particular team is a bit stiff. Not very good P.R.

Since you just joined you don't know the history of it all. I appreciate your views, but they are without the full story. Thanks for stopping by, but this isn't a new issue.