• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Were GM...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Tampa Bay offered their 2nd rounder (#36) for Crabtree, would you pull the trigger?

If yes, 3rd rounder (#68)?

If no, 2nd and 5th (#140)?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes to all but the 3rd round pick.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree for a 2nd rounder? i'd even part with my klondike bar for that trade

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah, fuck Crabtree.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about #72 from the Dolphins?

If yes, #103?

If no, #72 and #73?

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes to 72 and 73 in a heartbeat! i'd even say yes to 72+103. but no to 72 alone, and 103 alone

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll offer a contrasting opinion and here's why.

First let me say I would not be disappointed at all if we dumped Crabtree. However, because of the way Baalke & Marathe structured his contract Crabtree, for the next three years, will be making ~back-up money.

So, at this point in time there are only two ways Crabtree's future can unfold in SF if he stays. One is to significantly outperform his contract and the other is to provide solid depth at a reasonable price.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll offer a contrasting opinion and here's why.

First let me say I would not be disappointed at all if we dumped Crabtree. However, because of the way Baalke & Marathe structured his contract Crabtree, for the next three years, will be making ~back-up money.

So, at this point in time there are only two ways Crabtree's future can unfold in SF if he stays. One is to significantly outperform his contract and the other is to provide solid depth at a reasonable price.

That contract could lead to better picks. I think Crabtree has shown that he can be a team's solid number two (and is paid properly to be such for the next couple of years). Right now, I think the Niners have four guys that have that potential, and three of those four could be great slot receivers (out of which Crabtree likely has the best trade value). There are at least five more good/potentially great WRs on the board. If they can get one of those (with their 2nd or a new one), and a solid G in the third, plus a decent CB (with their own pick or the new one) for Crabtree, I think Baalke has to pull the trigger. Either way, it should be a pretty exciting weekend, and this pick, which I'm not completely stoked on (though, it's growing on me), has set up some interesting possibilities. Obviously, looking at team needs, WRs are going to start flying off the board in the second round.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a 5th rounder for Crabtree.

At this point I think I would too. For a 2nd?? No brainer. I was really high on Crabtree coming out, but the guy just doesn't seem like he has the right attitude. Not sure how much work he is putting in and skipping every offseason doesn't help. We can give the excuse of our QB situation all we want, but working together in the offseason isn't gonna hurt chemistry at all.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think I would too. For a 2nd?? No brainer. I was really high on Crabtree coming out, but the guy just doesn't seem like he has the right attitude. Not sure how much work he is putting in and skipping every offseason doesn't help. We can give the excuse of our QB situation all we want, but working together in the offseason isn't gonna hurt chemistry at all.

+1. I couldn't agree more. I thought he was the steal of the decade at 10. Now, I would rather have any of Hill/Sanu/Konz/J. Jenkins/Upshaw/Osemele/Fleming/Streeter/Fleener/Jeffery/Brooks/Crick on the roster over him.