• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if you did a marvel reset:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no plan for a reset... this is a hypothetical thread....

when the first Iron man movie came out in 2008 the Marvel Cinematic universe did not own all Marvel products... especially X-Men and Spiderman

if you can start the universe new, and own ALL products.... What would your first 10 movies be??

Mine in order

1. Captain America- Never liked him, but he is needed for the avengers, and he needs to be OUT OF TIME

2. Fantastic 4- The most important comics in the Marvel universe... it is the centerpiece of the universe, and most of the major villains are fantastic 4 villains first

3. Ant Man- Hank Pym is one of the most important characters in the marvel universe,

4. X-Men- here we do a break from the avengers growth, and bring in Mutants and expand the universe

5. Iron man- Most important part of the avengers...

6. Hulk-

7. Spider Man

8. Fantastic 4 sequel

9. DareDevil-

10. Avengers- Thor does not need a movie, just a good introduction(most of his introduction is already mythological anyway, so most know it already)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to do Captain America first, why not weave Magneto into the story? Those two origin stories really seem like a natural fit. It also establishes the universe as not being fully “normal” (not like Red Skull doesn’t already do that).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to do Captain America first, why not weave Magneto into the story? Those two origin stories really seem like a natural fit. It also establishes the universe as not being fully “normal” (not like Red Skull doesn’t already do that).

Magneto could be a reference in Captain America... probably not a good idea though... i know WW2 and holocaust are the same... but not sure if you want to connect the 2... i mean did captain america ever even see a camp??

i feel like magneto's origin would have to be done in X-Men...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magneto could be a reference in Captain America... probably not a good idea though... i know WW2 and holocaust are the same... but not sure if you want to connect the 2... i mean did captain america ever even see a camp??

i feel like magneto's origin would have to be done in X-Men...
I would actually like to somehow do an Apocalypse movie FIRST, since it establishes that Mutants have been around since the beginning of Humanity. Introducing Mutants in the 20th century would be hard to sell and not leave massive plot holes.

But, imho, Apocalypse isn’t the right fit for a franchise start.

But WWII is a good start for a comic franchise start, because irl, WWII was the catalyst for comics getting so big. And so many of the characters have their origins centered around WWII (primarily CA and Magneto). I don’t think you can pull WWII out of either of their origins. I think you can probably tweak most other characters to more time appropriate triggers.

A lot of ramling, but all this to get here…

Start with WWII. Weave in Magneto, Cap and Wolvie. Have Red Skull start as human, working on experiments that end in some kind of explosion that RE-introduces the X-gene to Humanity (a later movie can show how Apocalypse eliminated the gene so no one could challenge his supremacy). Not certain how Wolvie’s existence can be explained here, but his existence is too important to the universe as a whole, so there needs to be an acknowledged exception for him. Caps basic story remains as-is (he sacrifices himself by getting frozen so he exists in “modern” times). Magneto needs to be slightly tweaked so he ages VERY slowly so he is still around all this time and still able to father children in the mid-90s, and still be active throughout the 20th century and today. Magneto’s involvement in this movie, though, does not have to be centric. Just show in minor detail some random stories of some kids/people suffering horrible experiences while Red Skulls experiments are taking place and show Eric‘s hands glowing (or something) as he watches his parents get killed at the exact time of the explosion.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually like to somehow do an Apocalypse movie FIRST, since it establishes that Mutants have been around since the beginning of Humanity. Introducing Mutants in the 20th century would be hard to sell and not leave massive plot holes.

But, imho, Apocalypse isn’t the right fit for a franchise start.

But WWII is a good start for a comic franchise start, because irl, WWII was the catalyst for comics getting so big. And so many of the characters have their origins centered around WWII (primarily CA and Magneto). I don’t think you can pull WWII out of either of their origins. I think you can probably tweak most other characters to more time appropriate triggers.

A lot of ramling, but all this to get here…

Start with WWII. Weave in Magneto, Cap and Wolvie. Have Red Skull start as human, working on experiments that end in some kind of explosion that RE-introduces the X-gene to Humanity (a later movie can show how Apocalypse eliminated the gene so no one could challenge his supremacy). Not certain how Wolvie’s existence can be explained here, but his existence is too important to the universe as a whole, so there needs to be an acknowledged exception for him. Caps basic story remains as-is (he sacrifices himself by getting frozen so he exists in “modern” times). Magneto needs to be slightly tweaked so he ages VERY slowly so he is still around all this time and still able to father children in the mid-90s, and still be active throughout the 20th century and today. Magneto’s involvement in this movie, though, does not have to be centric. Just show in minor detail some random stories of some kids/people suffering horrible experiences while Red Skulls experiments are taking place and show Eric‘s hands glowing (or something) as he watches his parents get killed at the exact time of the explosion.

yea... on second thought, we dont need a full Captain movie anyway... he is SOOOO BORING... we can just simply do a time period movie, bring in those characters, and then Circle back to Captain America... still would unfortunately have to be a Captain America centric movie...

But having X-Men before Hulk and spider Man creates an interesting dynamic, maybe even mention mutants in the hulk and spiderman and explain why they are not mutants...

the fantastic 4 sequel, could be where you bring in Inhumans...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the confusion between Hulk/Spidey and Mutants is the same as the confusion between Inhumans and Mutants. I don’t really understand the difference myself.

Hulk and Spidey (and Daredevil and Deadpool and Ironfist and…) have origin stories of how they acquire their powers (DP actually seems more Inhuman than anything else). I don’t think any of them are locked in to a specific historic time period like Magneto, Cap or Wolvie.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the confusion between Hulk/Spidey and Mutants is the same as the confusion between Inhumans and Mutants. I don’t really understand the difference myself.

Hulk and Spidey (and Daredevil and Deadpool and Ironfist and…) have origin stories of how they acquire their powers (DP actually seems more Inhuman than anything else). I don’t think any of them are locked in to a specific historic time period like Magneto, Cap or Wolvie.

i didnt say it was complicated... just that they need to explain it... especially with Spidey, as he tries to understand that mutation when he turns into an actual spider.......

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, Hulk, Spidey, Inhumans, etc ARE all mutants.

But how they acquire their mutations, to me, is what puts them into their appropriate buckets.

”Mutants” have the X-gene and are, technically, not human.

Inhumans are similar to Mutants in that they are born with the ability to survive “the test”, thus unlocking their latent ability. Their abilities do not come from the X-gene, though, so they are something different.

Then there are those who acquired their ”mutant” powers through external influences. Ironfist got his power by defeating an ancient being, essentially absorbing its power (similar to Juggernaught, MoonKnight, Black Panther, etc). Hulk got his powers through a chemical accident (similar to Daredevil, Cap, Spidey, etc). Edit: I know Hulk wasn’t due to a “chemical” accident…. Sue me.

There are aliens (Captain Marvel, Thor, Star Lord)

Finally, there are humans who use ”technology” to give them their powers, but outside of that, they are just human (Black Widow, Ironman, Shang-Chi, Antman)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I was to reboot then the first 4 movies would be: Punisher, Blade, F4, and Captain Marvel in some order.

Punisher to me would be a slam dunk because they actually already have the actor for it. He links up with Nick Fury in the past and I think thats a good 'pass the torch' to get some other really strong younger black actor to be Nick Fury.

Blade would be another 'pass the torch' scenario. I think he would go well with a more urban style like Punisher.

I think Captain Marvel has been totally mishandled. She could easily be turned around with the right director and the right actress.

F4 the launch pad for everything getting cool and epic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I was to reboot then the first 4 movies would be: Punisher, Blade, F4, and Captain Marvel in some order.

Punisher to me would be a slam dunk because they actually already have the actor for it. He links up with Nick Fury in the past and I think thats a good 'pass the torch' to get some other really strong younger black actor to be Nick Fury.

Blade would be another 'pass the torch' scenario. I think he would go well with a more urban style like Punisher.

I think Captain Marvel has been totally mishandled. She could easily be turned around with the right director and the right actress.

I don’t know that physical god-level character is needed (who has no faults or weaknesses). Thor struggles with his family obligations and his need to maintain his “worthiness” in order to access his powers. Danvers is just pure “You Go GirlBoss”.

However, starting at street level is probably the better way to start than going right to the Avengers. But how do you handle the X-Men?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that physical god-level character is needed (who has no faults or weaknesses). Thor struggles with his family obligations and his need to maintain his “worthiness” in order to access his powers. Danvers is just pure “You Go GirlBoss”.

However, starting at street level is probably the better way to start than going right to the Avengers. But how do you handle the X-Men?
Captain Marvel in a way does seem like a garbage idea but with how everything is structured I do think we have a giant vacancy for an actually good female superhero.

In a way I think Marvel has struggled with all of the properties Ive mentioned. Its why they need to be done better imo. Doing Xmen again is a much harder task. Or Captain America. Certainly Iron Man.

Xmen's politics is likely extremely tricky. Its 90s woke which is kinda different in today's society where are politicians are mostly super open-minded. Mostly.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Marvel in a way does seem like a garbage idea but with how everything is structured I do think we have a giant vacancy for an actually good female superhero.

In a way I think Marvel has struggled with all of the properties Ive mentioned. Its why they need to be done better imo. Doing Xmen again is a much harder task. Or Captain America. Certainly Iron Man.

Xmen's politics is likely extremely tricky. Its 90s woke which is kinda different in today's society where are politicians are mostly super open-minded. Mostly.
Black Widow is a strong character. Gamora is a strong character. Storm is a strong character. Jean Gray is a strong character.

All these characters have overcome trauma, and used that to become strong people. they have depth. Their writers were not afraid to show their weaknesses. Danvers is just perfect, and therefore boring.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Widow is a strong character. Gamora is a strong character. Storm is a strong character. Jean Gray is a strong character.

All these characters have overcome trauma, and used that to become strong people. they have depth. Their writers were not afraid to show their weaknesses. Danvers is just perfect, and therefore boring.
I actually think Gamora is one of the worst characters in the MCU. Although the recent(ish) video game might suggest that its more of a writer problem.

Storm is awesome, though, and I get what you're saying with the Superman problem. It sounds like an issue with the writers more than the character but thats why you reboot.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Gamora is one of the worst characters in the MCU.

Storm is awesome, though, and I get what you're saying with the Superman problem. It sounds like an issue with the writers more than the character but thats why you reboot.

Superman has problems but the writers are stupid and turn him into a regular guy who basically just throws hands with every idiot who wants to take over the world

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Gamora is one of the worst characters in the MCU.

i am not super familiar with Captain Marvel in the comics or non-MCU media, so maybe there is more to her than what the MCU has shown, but Earths Mightiest Avengers portrayed her similarly.

Ultimately, yes, it is a writer problem. But the character herself was a product of writers, so…

Superman was created in a different age. Readers wanted a larger than life “savior”. The world was coming out of the Great War and entering the Depression. A beacon was what was in demand. But as time passed, and comics migrated from simple 4-panel blurbs to actual works of literature, the focus moved away from Superman and settled more on Clark Kent (similar to how “SHAZAM” was actually more about Billy Batson than Captain Marvel).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not super familiar with Captain Marvel in the comics or non-MCU media, so maybe there is more to her than what the MCU has shown, but Earths Mightiest Avengers portrayed her similarly.

Ultimately, yes, it is a writer problem. But the character herself was a product of writers, so…

Superman was created in a different age. Readers wanted a larger than life “savior”. The world was coming out of the Great War and entering the Depression. A beacon was what was in demand. But as time passed, and comics migrated from simple 4-panel blurbs to actual works of literature, the focus moved away from Superman and settled more on Clark Kent (similar to how “SHAZAM” was actually more about Billy Batson than Captain Marvel).
The gist I get about Captain Marvel in the comics is that some dude was Captain Marvel and he died and she picked up the mantle. I guess that begs the question: what would a strong female super hero look like in today's era? Because the MCU really needs one to reboot the whole thing and leave the issues that recent movies have had behind.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you cant start with punisher... he is just revenge ****... you need a universe first before even attemting him... unless he is stand alone...

Blade, similar to punisher is too much in his own story, he is either stand alone, or wait for the universe to be built...

F4, any smart reset would have in the top 5... if not first or second

Captain marvel can not be brought in until at least the sequel of F4, you need the Skrulls and Kree first...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist I get about Captain Marvel in the comics is that some dude was Captain Marvel and he died and she picked up the mantle. I guess that begs the question: what would a strong female super hero look like in today's era? Because the MCU really needs one to reboot the whole thing and leave the issues that recent movies have had behind.

i base my knowledge from the spiderman cartoons in the 1990s,

She was a scientist, worked with a man who was really a Kree, Named Mar-vel... when he died he gave his powers to her to protect her...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder Woman is a decent character. But she is essentially just Thor. (and DC, of course)

Jessica Jones is a very current female hero. But she comes from very NSFW origins, and she is riddled with flaws, so I doubt they want to focus on her (and a recast would be mandatory, imho; Ritter was horrible)