• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you can't trade down...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rams fans,

The draft is a big thing for me and also being division rivals curious to know what you guys think the Rams need the most.

If the Rams CAN'T trade down, who is ideal at 2 and 13? Assume one version with Clowney and one without.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. watkins/robinsion/matthews/mack
2. pryor, Dix

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. watkins/robinsion/matthews/mack
2. pryor, Dix

Wow you're like the first person to mention Dix to the Rams.

Do you guys really need more DL help? DL is always good to have don't get me wrong but you got pretty serviceable interior lineman and Brockers is making out to be a very good pick.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're like the first person to mention Dix to the Rams.

Do you guys really need more DL help? DL is always good to have don't get me wrong but you got pretty serviceable interior lineman and Brockers is making out to be a very good pick.

opps ment (haha) dix

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dur, I'm thinking Louis Nix. LOL.

Yah Haha and Mack or Robertson is the last thing I want to see the Rams do as a Hawks fan. Watkins could be bad too though, UGH.

Frankly Rams scare me more than the 49ers. Some of the 9ers key personnel are getting a little older but the Rams D is just crazy scary to me. Only weakness is the secondary and I value safety far more than corner so if you guys do that and get a great safety bleh.

Stupid Skins having to trade up with you guys

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, the Skins were stupid.

At 2 I'd like Matthews, at 13 I'd like Evans(if he falls) or Dennard. Clit n' Dicks would also be a nice choice there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2: Watkins, Mack (if Clowney is there, so is the opportunity to trade down)
13: Dix, Donald

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the falcons the number 1 team to trade down to?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think the Rams need another DL. I like Watkins, but the Rams are starting to get pretty loaded at WR as far as bodies are concerned. Austin and Bailey need to play a lot more and someone like Watkins could be a terrific WR to go along with those guys.

The Rams do need help at Safety and hopefully they'll figure that out.

I also read that the Rams are looking at drafting a QB fairly early in the Draft. That could be interesting as Bradford has become, for a lot of Rams' fans, including myself, a real question mark. I'm sure Bradford will be the No. 1 again next Season, but the Rams might be looking for someone to take the reins of the No. 1 spot after next Season.

The Rams probably will trade down and draft guys who will help to some extent, but not be enough to take them to the next level. All I can hope for is that I am dead wrong about that sentiment.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I would waste a pick on a QB this year unless someone high on their board obviously fell into their laps in a later rd. I would continue to build the team this year. If Bradford doesn't look good this year which there is no reason to think he won't get a quarterback next year.
I think it's 99% Clowney goes #1
2. Mack, Watkins, Matthews

13. HaHa, Dennard, Donald

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams want a QB to develop in later rounds, Metzenberger will be there.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clowney is gone, Mack or Watkins is the #2 if a real trade is not established. If the Falcons, Browns, Vikings, Raiders or whoever won't give something real in return for moving to draft who they want, then the Rams take Mack or Watkins. I just can't see where no one will move up to get Mack ot Watkins. QBs aside on draft day are a lighting bolt for action. Rams trade down to 5 to the Raiders so they get Watkins is my bet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think the Rams need another DL. I like Watkins, but the Rams are starting to get pretty loaded at WR as far as bodies are concerned. Austin and Bailey need to play a lot more and someone like Watkins could be a terrific WR to go along with those guys.

The Rams do need help at Safety and hopefully they'll figure that out.

I also read that the Rams are looking at drafting a QB fairly early in the Draft. That could be interesting as Bradford has become, for a lot of Rams' fans, including myself, a real question mark. I'm sure Bradford will be the No. 1 again next Season, but the Rams might be looking for someone to take the reins of the No. 1 spot after next Season.

The Rams probably will trade down and draft guys who will help to some extent, but not be enough to take them to the next level. All I can hope for is that I am dead wrong about that sentiment.

When it comes down to it, if the Rams can't get a trade to their liking, I think they need to take whatever elite talent is sitting there for them, unless he is a complete non-fit. As much as I like Mack, that pick comes down to whether the coaches think he can play some SAM linebacker (or if Coach Williams has a plan for him as an attacking defender).

I personally don't think the Rams are in any position to skip a position because it isn't currently a gaping hole. Continue to build with the most elite talents you can get. My only thinking against that policy would be OT in the first round, as I just can't imagine Fisher doing it. I wouldn't object to it, I just don't see it happening.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack makes sense because they need an OLB and they can use him as a DE as well in certain situations.

I think Mack will be fine playing in a 4-3 and I prefer him over Barr because of his versatility ( which is why I think the Rams are really interested in him in the first place ).

A guy with his versatility can be used in many ways by Williams and Fisher.

The question would become how far can they trade down and still get him. I think they have to stay at #2 to get him because the Jags have shown a lot of interest in him as well, so he could be gone at #3 if the Rams trade down.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mack makes sense because they need an OLB and they can use him as a DE as well in certain situations.

I think Mack will be fine playing in a 4-3 and I prefer him over Barr because of his versatility ( which is why I think the Rams are really interested in him in the first place ).

A guy with his versatility can be used in many ways by Williams and Fisher.

The question would become how far can they trade down and still get him. I think they have to stay at #2 to get him because the Jags have shown a lot of interest in him as well, so he could be gone at #3 if the Rams trade down.

Yeah I agree GW should be able to come up with plenty of schemes to keep him Mack on the field. I love the idea of Mack & Tree flying around. I wonder to if Mack couldn't replace JL55 when it was time. I agree the rams better get a nice package if some one wants to move up to 2 if we are going to pass on this guy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter has spoken. Clowney, Robinson, Mack and Watkins will be the top 4 prospects so teams will likely be jockeying for position for them. From there its speculation.

-Texans will almost undoubtedly take Clowney or Mack.
-Rams have Clowney and Mack above Watkins but Robinson is the expected pick if they can't trade down. Robinson doesn't seem to fit their draft philosophy, though.
-Lions and Bucs look to want to trade up for Watkins. Might be smokescreen. Not sure the Rams are going to trade that far down for what they'd offer, though. Bucs in particular don't have a lot of ammo to move up.
-Atlanta has made it known that they are open to move up...probably for Clowney. Maybe Mack?
-Top QBs seem to be: Bortles, Carr and Manziel and probably in that order. Pick 13 might have some trade value if Cleveland wants to move up to grab one of them.

If they don't trade down, my guess is Robinson and Clinton Dix. I want them to trade down, though.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter has spoken. Clowney, Robinson, Mack and Watkins will be the top 4 prospects so teams will likely be jockeying for position for them. From there its speculation.

-Texans will almost undoubtedly take Clowney or Mack.
-Rams have Clowney and Mack above Watkins but Robinson is the expected pick if they can't trade down. Robinson doesn't seem to fit their draft philosophy, though.
-Lions and Bucs look to want to trade up for Watkins. Might be smokescreen. Not sure the Rams are going to trade that far down for what they'd offer, though. Bucs in particular don't have a lot of ammo to move up.
-Atlanta has made it known that they are open to move up...probably for Clowney. Maybe Mack?
-Top QBs seem to be: Bortles, Carr and Manziel and probably in that order. Pick 13 might have some trade value if Cleveland wants to move up to grab one of them.

If they don't trade down, my guess is Robinson and Clinton Dix. I want them to trade down, though.

why the hell would you take robinson if you have others on your board ranked higher? :wtf2:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell would you take robinson if you have others on your board ranked higher? :wtf2:
Thats my guess. Most teams have Robinson in that top 4, they can't take Watkins without being Matt Millen and Clowney is likely off the board. Mack would mostly play as a 4-3 OLB except for when he is giving a breather to Quinn which seems iffy at #2 but the talent is there.

If they can't trade down, I guess I'd want Mack and Lewan at 13