• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we win by a score of 18-14

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 6 field goals from Akers does he keep his job?

Only if the 14 points by the Ravens were pick sixes of Jenkins left shin. ;) Seriously though, I'd keep him for the rest of the league year. :)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Akers another try. Last year, he was historically great. This year, he is the league's worse. Maybe next year he can rebound.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 6 field goals from Akers does he keep his job?

I have confidence that Akers will rturn to form next year. He's too good of a kicker not to. I'd be very careful about letting him go.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence that Akers will rturn to form next year. He's too good of a kicker not to. I'd be very careful about letting him go.

So, you're on board for one more shot are ya? I do love me some D.Akers but he has me nervous on extra points now. I think we have squeezed out every drop there is from that ketchup bottle; but, I would love to be wrong.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they will say his struggles where do to his recovery from injuries. He is healthy now and blah blah blah.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you're on board for one more shot are ya? I do love me some D.Akers but he has me nervous on extra points now. I think we have squeezed out every drop there is from that ketchup bottle; but, I would love to be wrong.

bring in some young kickers and let him win the job

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 FGs by Akers? That'd be really disappointing that the 49ers failed to punch it in from the 3 yard line 6 times.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll draft nine or ten kickers with all our picks and throw Akers in the competition. The royal rumble can bee seen on 49ers.com on pay-per view basis. Akers will need to get his hands on some antlers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That sounds good.

agree, if it was me i'd look for another kicker.

but to ensure it isn't seen as a "hasty" decision - by those who can't forget 2011 - let him compete. bring other kickers in next off season, and see if they can beat out Akers?

btw - my guess is Akers kicks well in practice, else how did he beat out Cundiff? IF so, will this off-season competition REALLY validate Akers?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe (and I think it is pretty widely believed) that his struggles stem from 1) a nagging injury; and 2) confidance. If he goes 6/6 in the SB, than I think it is fair to say he has conquered both of those issues.

I would have no problem going with him in 2013.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, if it was me i'd look for another kicker.

but to ensure it isn't seen as a "hasty" decision - by those who can't forget 2011 - let him compete. bring other kickers in next off season, and see if they can beat out Akers?

btw - my guess is Akers kicks well in practice, else how did he beat out Cundiff? IF so, will this off-season competition REALLY validate Akers?

I think you're correct about Akers "practice prowess" - and because of this we may need to begin next season with two kickers on the active and let the game kicks determine the winner.

I don't know about you but I am 100% nervous on ANY kick David Akers lines up for now - even extra points.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is trying to do the rounds.

In 2011, he praised and raised Alex's confidence and drafted his replacement.
In 2012, he praised and raised Michael Crabtree's game and drafted his complement. (Jenkins)
In 2013, he'll praise and raise Akers' confidence and draft his replacement.
2014 is to be determined.

I'm not really serious, but kickers might be Harbaugh's focus like WRs were last year. Let's hope that it's not due to a loss like last year, just team tweaks to get better.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm nervous every time he kicks now as well but I think he'll work out whatever physical, mental or combimnation of both problems he's going through in the off season and he'll come back strong next year. Its too hard to find a reliable kicker and I like Akers' body of work over the years as well as anybody else's who is out there.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous every time he kicks now as well but I think he'll work out whatever physical, mental or combimnation of both problems he's going through in the off season and he'll come back strong next year. Its too hard to find a reliable kicker and I like Akers' body of work over the years as well as anybody else's who is out there.

Works for me Brother.