• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we lose to Tampa

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem telling Romo to rest his shoulder and start Moore at QB, put Lee on the shelf, and make sure Collins, BJones, Irving, Lawrence and Gregory start every game the rest of the way. And Hardy would be gone. Going into next year with a healthy Romo and Lee, experienced young guys and top 5 picks(every round) for McClay, and money to spend after ditching Hardy, and a last place schedule would give Dallas it's best shot in 20 years to win a SB

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem telling Romo to rest his shoulder and start Moore at QB, put Lee on the shelf, and make sure Collins, BJones, Irving, Lawrence and Gregory start every game the rest of the way. And Hardy would be gone. Going into next year with a healthy Romo and Lee, experienced young guys and top 5 picks(every round) for McClay, and money to spend after ditching Hardy, and a last place schedule would give Dallas it's best shot in 20 years to win a SB

Let Hardy make his own bed. When the time comes it will be easy to see based on performance/behavior what the decision should be. I don't see the logic on cutting him because of public outcry months after the public outcry.

But the #1 priority has to be QB. And it would be a real plus if we could find one before someone hands Romo a microphone and sports jacket.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Cowboys are mathematically eliminated, Romo is playing. Stop being silly.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Cowboys are mathematically eliminated, Romo is playing. Stop being silly.
Said I'd be all for it, not that it would happen. If we are 2-7, I'd rather have him 100% next year than risk him trying to get to 7-9. At his age, with his shoulder and back, he's 1 hit away from being done

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's capable of playing, there's no way Romo sits. Oh, and I doubt they draft more than a project at QB. That big ass deal they gave Romo helped kick that can a ways down the road. They might do it in the 2017 draft depending on how 2016 goes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said I'd be all for it, not that it would happen. If we are 2-7, I'd rather have him 100% next year than risk him trying to get to 7-9. At his age, with his shoulder and back, he's 1 hit away from being done
If we are 2-7, I rather him play and watch Philly and NYG sweat for the rest of the season. The Giants still have to play the Panthers, Pats, Jets, Vikings, and Eagles. The Eagles still have to play the Pats, Bills, Cardinals, and Giants. And this doesn't count the fact that both teams are known to give away games against bad teams. Yeah, our schedule isn't easy either but I believe our team is still the best in the division with Romo and can beat anybody. Yeah, it looks bad now, but it's not over.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's capable of playing, there's no way Romo sits. Oh, and I doubt they draft more than a project at QB. That big ass deal they gave Romo helped kick that can a ways down the road. They might do it in the 2017 draft depending on how 2016 goes.
I now Romo will play every snap the rest of this season, and I realize they probably won't draft a QB early next season. The fact that Romo will likely be the starter here for the next 3 years is why I would put him on the shelf the rest of the season if we hit 2-7. We've seen what the team loos like without Romo. Now imagine Romo suffering a career ending hit while playing in a game where we are 5-7. Then all that salary cap bonus accelerates, we have to cut half the team and 2-14 awaits...for a while.
As to Lee, I would shut him down either way. A 3rd concussion this year, and I could see him retiring

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is the most fragile QB in the game right now. We can deny it, but he just is. He can't take the hits even these other older QBs do. He gets hurt and he gets hurt bad. We need to protect him. I'm fine playing him or sitting out the rest of the year if things stay sour. He is still one of the best QBs in the league and I know this sounds like a crazy homer, bordering on stupid thing to say, but I think if he didn't get hurt we would be 7-1 right now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is the most fragile QB in the game right now. We can deny it, but he just is. He can't take the hits even these other older QBs do. He gets hurt and he gets hurt bad. We need to protect him. I'm fine playing him or sitting out the rest of the year if things stay sour. He is still one of the best QBs in the league and I know this sounds like a crazy homer, bordering on stupid thing to say, but I think if he didn't get hurt we would be 7-1 right now.
I agree, and I'm not even sure about losing to NE. You are spot on about him physically. When he was younger, Romo could protect himself with his agility, how many times did he use that spin move and roll out? At his age, after multiple back surgeries, that's gone. If we beat Tampa, at 3-6, yeah, I could see 6-1 as possible, so go for it. At 2-7? We'd need to go 7-0.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now Romo will play every snap the rest of this season, and I realize they probably won't draft a QB early next season. The fact that Romo will likely be the starter here for the next 3 years is why I would put him on the shelf the rest of the season if we hit 2-7. We've seen what the team loos like without Romo. Now imagine Romo suffering a career ending hit while playing in a game where we are 5-7. Then all that salary cap bonus accelerates, we have to cut half the team and 2-14 awaits...for a while.
As to Lee, I would shut him down either way. A 3rd concussion this year, and I could see him retiring

Yeah, but we know if he's healthy he isn't going to be on the shelf.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no , he has milestones to get too. He is gonna come back and wreck the draft pick. Lol

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The man is being paid a ton of money and fans bought season tickets. He needs to play otherwise you destroy the only thing Big Red has done in Dallas and that is bring back a winning attitude. Sitting him for a higher first round draft pick is silly -- see where Aaron Rodgers was taken. He could get hurt anytime and that is part of the game. Dallas irrespective of where we finish this year needs to draft a QB.

Romo's contract as well as a few others have likely doomed the team for a number of years unless we get lucky and have a year where Lee, Romo and Bryant are healthy. I almost LOL as I typed that last sentence.

The only hope we have is that Jerrah gets kicked out as owner/GM when Draft Kings is found to be illegal gambling and he is deemed to have an interest in an illegal gambling ring.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I can take anymore games with out Romo. So hard to see us losing when we shoulda won. Romo is that missing piece and in a few weeks he is found again.

Karma is Hicks is out maybe for rest of season. He didn't need to roll on Romo the way he did and break that collar bone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I can take anymore games with out Romo. So hard to see us losing when we shoulda won. Romo is that missing piece and in a few weeks he is found again.

Karma is Hicks is out maybe for rest of season. He didn't need to roll on Romo the way he did and break that collar bone.

Hicks looks like he is gonna be a really good player. I too thought the hit on Romo was a little excessive, but I have seen plenty worse. I have to admit when they said he was in the locker room the other night I laughed and said some bad things. I wish I wouldn't have said it but it's over and done and I can't take it back. I hate that he is hurt because he had a shot at defensive ROY.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people saying its not over because Romo is coming back on several different sports boards. To be honest, this team has a lot more holes than just Romo. The defense has been horrible, can't stop the run or pass lately. If they can't play better Romo won't matter as much as everyone thinks. The QB is not the reason we lost to the Eagles, Matt played well and the defense let us down. The QB wasn't the reason we lost to Atlanta either, and you could argue the Saints game as well. What good will Romo be if the defense gives everything he gets us right back? Can't argue time of possession either because we've been winning that too. I just don't see this team in the playoffs this season.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^I disagree^^^^^

With Romo, our O has more leadership and confidence plus a hell of a lot better QB. All three combined puts us in the W column against the aints, falcons, giants and eagles.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is being paid a ton of money and fans bought season tickets. He needs to play otherwise you destroy the only thing Big Red has done in Dallas and that is bring back a winning attitude. Sitting him for a higher first round draft pick is silly -- see where Aaron Rodgers was taken. He could get hurt anytime and that is part of the game. Dallas irrespective of where we finish this year needs to draft a QB.

Romo's contract as well as a few others have likely doomed the team for a number of years unless we get lucky and have a year where Lee, Romo and Bryant are healthy. I almost LOL as I typed that last sentence.

The only hope we have is that Jerrah gets kicked out as owner/GM when Draft Kings is found to be illegal gambling and he is deemed to have an interest in an illegal gambling ring.
You are spot on. Romo has to play if healthy.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people saying its not over because Romo is coming back on several different sports boards. To be honest, this team has a lot more holes than just Romo. The defense has been horrible, can't stop the run or pass lately. If they can't play better Romo won't matter as much as everyone thinks. The QB is not the reason we lost to the Eagles, Matt played well and the defense let us down. The QB wasn't the reason we lost to Atlanta either, and you could argue the Saints game as well. What good will Romo be if the defense gives everything he gets us right back? Can't argue time of possession either because we've been winning that too. I just don't see this team in the playoffs this season.

Diasagree. A healthy Romo can put up more points and not go three and out often to keep your defense fresher. We saw that last year and the 2 and 0 start with romo. Just think about it , without romo, we had horrific QB play most of the time, killer pick sixes that romo would not even have made, yet we could have easily won 5 of the 6 with Romo.