• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we lose to Tampa

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I can take anymore games with out Romo. So hard to see us losing when we shoulda won. Romo is that missing piece and in a few weeks he is found again.

Karma is Hicks is out maybe for rest of season. He didn't need to roll on Romo the way he did and break that collar bone.
I saw that too he put extra unneeded pressure on Romo's shoulder.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is being paid a ton of money and fans bought season tickets. He needs to play otherwise you destroy the only thing Big Red has done in Dallas and that is bring back a winning attitude. Sitting him for a higher first round draft pick is silly -- see where Aaron Rodgers was taken. He could get hurt anytime and that is part of the game. Dallas irrespective of where we finish this year needs to draft a QB.

Romo's contract as well as a few others have likely doomed the team for a number of years unless we get lucky and have a year where Lee, Romo and Bryant are healthy. I almost LOL as I typed that last sentence.

The only hope we have is that Jerrah gets kicked out as owner/GM when Draft Kings is found to be illegal gambling and he is deemed to have an interest in an illegal gambling ring.

was that the conversation? I thought it was to get him 100% healthy going forward:noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was that the conversation? I thought it was to get him 100% healthy going forward:noidea:
Having him 100% healthy was the reason. A top 5 pick would just be an added bonus. Jerry has already come out and said Romo will play even if they are officially eliminated, which was never in doubt. If Tampa wins and the club drops to 2-7, it would realistically take a 7-0 finish to have a chance to win the division. I'd just hate to lose Romo for next season/forever because of a hit he takes with nothing to play for

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diasagree. A healthy Romo can put up more points and not go three and out often to keep your defense fresher. We saw that last year and the 2 and 0 start with romo. Just think about it , without romo, we had horrific QB play most of the time, killer pick sixes that romo would not even have made, yet we could have easily won 5 of the 6 with Romo.

Dallas is the best team in the east. No denying that. But to say they'd easily be 7-1 with Romo is off. In his two games they would have lost to an absolutely awful Giants team if they kneeled on it 3 times and week two both Philly and Dallas looked putrid.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is the best team in the east. No denying that. But to say they'd easily be 7-1 with Romo is off. In his two games they would have lost to an absolutely awful Giants team if they kneeled on it 3 times and week two both Philly and Dallas looked putrid.

Easily 7-1, if not 8-0

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has played 1 real good team while Romo has been out.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people saying its not over because Romo is coming back on several different sports boards. To be honest, this team has a lot more holes than just Romo. The defense has been horrible, can't stop the run or pass lately. If they can't play better Romo won't matter as much as everyone thinks. The QB is not the reason we lost to the Eagles, Matt played well and the defense let us down. The QB wasn't the reason we lost to Atlanta either, and you could argue the Saints game as well. What good will Romo be if the defense gives everything he gets us right back? Can't argue time of possession either because we've been winning that too. I just don't see this team in the playoffs this season.

Maybe you forget what a horrible defense looks like. (or maybe you have never seen it)

The Saints set an NFL record of 40 first downs against the Cowboys in 2013. And the Saints set franchise record of 625 offensive yards.

Those who remember these things will take a moment of pause before making an outright statement like "the defense is horrible" ...because they know what a horrible defense looks like.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could/Should have won every game w/o him other than NE. Put him in the mix and that is the reason people are saying we would have won them.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you forget what a horrible defense looks like. (or maybe you have never seen it)

The Saints set an NFL record of 40 first downs against the Cowboys in 2013. And the Saints set franchise record of 625 offensive yards.

Those who remember these things will take a moment of pause before making an outright statement like "the defense is horrible" ...because they know what a horrible defense looks like.

Just because the defense isn't as bad as 2013 doesn't mean it hasn't been horrible this season. They are I believe 18th in scoring defense, haven't been able to stop the run or the pass as of late. With all the upgrades we made during the off season there is no excuse for this subpar play. They still can't get to the opposing teams QB and can't force turnovers. No I'm not impressed with the defense at all.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diasagree. A healthy Romo can put up more points and not go three and out often to keep your defense fresher. We saw that last year and the 2 and 0 start with romo. Just think about it , without romo, we had horrific QB play most of the time, killer pick sixes that romo would not even have made, yet we could have easily won 5 of the 6 with Romo.

We beat the Giants because the Giants used bad clock management at the end of the game, we lucked out there. Both of our first two wins were very ugly. Also like I said we have been winning time of possession almost every game. There have been two pick sixes through 6 games, we have had the lead or been tied in 5 of those six games and the defense has allowed the other team to comeback. I'm not saying Romo doesn't make us better, I just believe there are more holes than just QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat the Giants because the Giants used bad clock management at the end of the game, we lucked out there. Both of our first two wins were very ugly. Also like I said we have been winning time of possession almost every game. There have been two pick sixes through 6 games, we have had the lead or been tied in 5 of those six games and the defense has allowed the other team to comeback. I'm not saying Romo doesn't make us better, I just believe there are more holes than just QB.[/QUOTE]
I agree. For me, only our center and McFadden have met expectations thus far. Can't think of one young player who hasn't regressed or stayed the same as a player through 8. This team just finds ways to lose.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-3 would be my guess maybe more but then again on any given sunday either way can happen

But reality says we are 2-6 with any possible playoff hopes on life support no more no less

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-3 would be my guess maybe more but then again on any given sunday either way can happen

But reality says we are 2-6 with any possible playoff hopes on life support no more no less

Well according to ROMOTTOOWENS you have nothing to worry about. Once Romo gets back Dallas will go 7-0 and win the division.

9-7 wins this division is what most people think. I have no idea how the Giants are 5-4. Philly absolutely DESTROYED them and Philly is just average, at best. I just dont see Philly going 5-3 the rest of the way with Buffalo, Patriots and AZ ahead. Could 8-8 win the division? Though I dont see Dallas being 7-1 now with Romo I still think they can pull this out if Romo rallies the troops and a surge of energy gets Dallas back on track. Maybe 8-8 can do it. Dallas should be rooting for the Giants to lose (Patriots). I dont think its over for Dallas at all. If they lose to Tampa I still dont think its over. The Giants will be 5-5 and it Dallas loses they'll be 2-7 and only 2.5 games out with 7 to play. Yes, the Giants are that bad.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to ROMOTTOOWENS you have nothing to worry about. Once Romo gets back Dallas will go 7-0 and win the division.

9-7 wins this division is what most people think. I have no idea how the Giants are 5-4. Philly absolutely DESTROYED them and Philly is just average, at best. I just dont see Philly going 5-3 the rest of the way with Buffalo, Patriots and AZ ahead. Could 8-8 win the division? Though I dont see Dallas being 7-1 now with Romo I still think they can pull this out if Romo rallies the troops and a surge of energy gets Dallas back on track. Maybe 8-8 can do it. Dallas should be rooting for the Giants to lose (Patriots). I dont think its over for Dallas at all. If they lose to Tampa I still dont think its over. The Giants will be 5-5 and it Dallas loses they'll be 2-7 and only 2.5 games out with 7 to play. Yes, the Giants are that bad.

Don't put words in my mouth smart ass, I never said that. Since he has been hurt Dallas has played one good team. If you want to throw Atlanta in the mix then I guess you could make a case but they just got beat by a back up on one of the worst teams in the league. The only thing you are correct about is Philly is average at best. Eli was shredding your ass to pieces before the TE totally screwed that game up. But hey you guys pulled it off and blew them away. Seattle is pretty decent but beat us by one. Without romo- 0-6 with 4 of those at home. When he comes back. 2 games vs the Skins, @ fins , @ buff, @GB, Jets , and Panthers. That's pretty stout.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously PE1- why do u actually give a shit what our fans think? I mean the other night you were bitching about the officials. Don't you think if they were really trying to give us the game they would have done more than just call two iffy PIs against yall.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmmm- you say 7-1 with him is off , but then you turn around and say that we can still get beat by Tampa and go 6-1 with him and still have a shot at the division. So which is it?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that the Eagles and Giants arent very good so maybe Romo could rally the troops. But like I said I think you're wrong cause in the 2 games the Cowboys played they didnt look like an 7-1/8-0 type of team. I also said its possible that they make a comeback but possible is different than saying they are definitely 7-1 with Romo playing.

Next it wasnt two iffy PI calls. It was a bad PI call then an absolutely obscene one that should have been offensive pass interference only to be followed by a non call on illegal formation that would have ended the game. Like I said, I hate when pople blame the refs and I wouldnt have if we lost. But I dont ever remember seeing 3 HORRIFIC calls on 4 plays all in the last 45 seconds.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put words in my mouth smart ass, I never said that. Since he has been hurt Dallas has played one good team. If you want to throw Atlanta in the mix then I guess you could make a case but they just got beat by a back up on one of the worst teams in the league. The only thing you are correct about is Philly is average at best. Eli was shredding your ass to pieces before the TE totally screwed that game up. But hey you guys pulled it off and blew them away. Seattle is pretty decent but beat us by one. Without romo- 0-6 with 4 of those at home. When he comes back. 2 games vs the Skins, @ fins , @ buff, @GB, Jets , and Panthers. That's pretty stout.

Yeah, Eli looked good for two drives and our D adjusted and he threw for less than 100 yards in the final 3 quarters. They are a very bad team with an incredibly bad OLine.