• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, i didn't confuse you. Same attitude in that convo.

And here. You said its ok to call him average. Very few refer to him as average, here and elsewhere, Media included. The point with him is the hype hes received , for what hes done. NOT whatever youre referring to in regards expectations or whatever. Last comment on this.

Lol. Was I agreeing with you in that "conversation"? I didn't even really like the pick to begin with.

You'll have to point out the people that have called him great or HOF worthy(in the media), because if so you'll have a point. He's had a good career. And was very good early in his career with the Eagles.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty dumb thing to say. He was drafted in the middle of the 2nd round, has over 10,000 receiving yards and over 50 TD's. Just for reference, these were some of the guys drafted before him: Donnie Avery, Devin Thomas, James Hardy, Eddie Royal, Jerome Simpson. And these were the guys directly picked after him: Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed and Dexter Jackson.
Being overrated after a long NFL career has nothing to do with draft spot. No one has mentioned he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick. But, on this board and all over homer social media he was lifted on a pedestal that a guy that is always hurt should never be on.It would be like me arguing Sean Lee should be in the HOF. I'm not saying that was you doing that but I know the OP is one of the main ones who did and many others as well and that's why it's being thrown in his face. He was a niche receiver and had plenty of huge game changing plays. He also disappeared for 80% of most games and was constantly hurt. This topic came up big time when he came back to Philly and all we were told was how he will light up the league again and how he was the greatest deep threat in the history of the league and he and Wentz will be an unstoppable duo. Yes, he's overrated, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good and it doesn't mean he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick. :2cents:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being overrated after a long NFL career has nothing to do with draft spot. No one has mentioned he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick. But, on this board and all over homer social media he was lifted on a pedestal that a guy that is always hurt should never be on.It would be like me arguing Sean Lee should be in the HOF. I'm not saying that was you doing that but I know the OP is one of the main ones who did and many others as well and that's why it's being thrown in his face. He was a niche receiver and had plenty of huge game changing plays. He also disappeared for 80% of most games and was constantly hurt. This topic came up big time when he came back to Philly and all we were told was how he will light up the league again and how he was the greatest deep threat in the history of the league and he and Wentz will be an unstoppable duo. Yes, he's overrated, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good and it doesn't mean he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick. :2cents:

So he's overrated because of what people said on this board(who are most likely eagles homers/trolls)? I'm not sure any member of the media has ever called him an elite WR. If that's the case, then yes, he's overrated at that point. But I'd guess there isn't anything out there to suggest that, at least not for the entirety of his career.

I just find it odd to say he's one of the most overrated WR's in NFL history, because of what people say on here. Lmao.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's overrated because of what people said on this board(who are most likely eagles homers/trolls)? I'm not sure any member of the media has ever called him an elite WR. If that's the case, then yes, he's overrated at that point. But I'd guess there isn't anything out there to suggest that, at least not for the entirety of his career.

I just find it odd to say he's one of the most overrated WR's in NFL history, because of what people say on here. Lmao.
This was an example of what people say about him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an example of what people say about him.

Fair enough. Even you said he had a good career and was good value, but still called him overrated. Just odd to me is all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Even you said he had a good career and was good value, but still called him overrated. Just odd to me is all.
Correct. I think he did have a good career and was a very good draft value. I also think he is overrated. Overrated doesn't mean you weren't good

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. I think he did have a good career and was a very good draft value. I also think he is overrated. Overrated doesn't mean you weren't good

I get that. I'm just trying to figure out who ever rated or valued him that highly to begin with(other than people on here)? He was never paid like a top 10 guy at the position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I think Smith is a better prospect than Jeudy and Ruggs. Also better than Reagor.

I see Devonta Smith as more of an Adam Thielen type than a DJax type. Skinny guy who gets into tight spaces and makes great catches and is a volume receiver. There is more wiggle and less twitch than Djax.

Alabama used Smith for everything. Gadget plays? Check. Deep ball? Check. Dig routes? Check. Quick slants? You betcha. He is worthy of where he was drafted although I do think I would've had Slater ahead of him if I was doing a big board just because if Slater's limitations get in the way then he is just a pro bowl guard. If Smith's limitations get in the way then he busts

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge. People are going to look so silly in letting him drop to 10 just because of his unique frame. That frame does nothing but guarantee he will be one the truly unique all time great players when it is all said and done. Because when you talk about just his game, just what he does on the field in the actual game that is played which determines the winners and the losers in football. When you talk about that, he's flawless.

If there was ever a player who was going to give Rice and his records a run for the money then it's DeVonta Smith. Especially in this 17 game era that he starts his career in.

This is comical

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't worth a 2nd round pick?

One of the 3-4 best deep threats of all time when the other guys in consideration are Rice, Moss & TO. Not worth a 2nd round pick though.

Dumbest take I have seen on this board in 2021 by far.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the 3-4 best deep threats of all time when the other guys in consideration are Rice, Moss & TO. Not worth a 2nd round pick though.

Dis gon B good!!!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only read first couple of pages, but surely this another train wreck in the making?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge. People are going to look so silly in letting him drop to 10 just because of his unique frame. That frame does nothing but guarantee he will be one the truly unique all time great players when it is all said and done. Because when you talk about just his game, just what he does on the field in the actual game that is played which determines the winners and the losers in football. When you talk about that, he's flawless.

If there was ever a player who was going to give Rice and his records a run for the money then it's DeVonta Smith. Especially in this 17 game era that he starts his career in.

I think DeVonta Smith is going to be very good.

But let’s by honest about it. Had he been drafted by the Giants (or anyone else) there is a 0% chance you would hold this opinion.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DeVonta Smith is going to be very good.

But let’s by honest about it. Had he been drafted by the Giants (or anyone else) there is a 0% chance you would hold this opinion.

That's not true. I was very high on DeVonta all off season. When the Giants drafted Saquon it didn't change my opinion that he would be an all time great if he could avoid injuries.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now thanks to Koy, Devonta Smith is going to get blown up like Frank Gifford on a three-yard crossing pattern in his first preseason game and never be heard from again.

150324_SNUT_Bednarik590.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

anderson-articleLarge.jpg

Chuck-Bednarik-wide-receiver-Frank-Gifford.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off if someone said that it wouldn't even be the dumbest take in this thread. Secondly, where did I say he wasn't worth a second rounder? Maybe you just don't know how to read and that is your problem?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now thanks to Koy, Devonta Smith is going to get blown up like Frank Gifford on a three-yard crossing pattern in his first preseason game and never be heard from again.
150324_SNUT_Bednarik590.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg
anderson-articleLarge.jpg
Chuck-Bednarik-wide-receiver-Frank-Gifford.jpg

Well Frank should have known.
You dont fuck with Chuck!