• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Warriors lose in the 1st round, is this season a failure?

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask because last year the Warriors surprised the Nuggets and then scared the Spurs. But this season the Warriors aren't creeping up on anyone. We will have a tough first round no matter who we face. If its the Clippers and we end up losing the first series, then will people be calling this season a failure?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great question, and I guess the answer depends on how you root as a fan. SOme fans think any season short of a championship is a 'failure'.

To me they've had a great year, they are better than last year, and it's been nice to see a good defensive team for the first time in a while. Their acquisitions were all well planned and all worked out, they've stayed fairly healthy, etc. And I enjoy watching a good team play good ball, which they have been.

So even if they go down in the first round in a tough 6 or 7 game series, I will consider this a successful season and the team on the right track, even with less success in the playoffs than last year.

They need one more stud to make them competitive for the Finals though, and they can only get one trading Lee and Barnes I think, sadly. If you wait for Barnes to develop into that stud (a big if) you lose other pieces to age or free agency.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think Barnes gets traded at draft time. I'd love for him to get it and click, but he has some value around the league and they may want to use that for a better fit.

I too see this as a successful season. They over-achieved last year which was way cool. This season so far has been a slight under-achievement, but overall good stuff.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the season would be a failure, but I would be disappointed. I think this team can make it to the Western finals and maybe even the Championship if things went there way.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the season would be a failure, but I would be disappointed. I think this team can make it to the Western finals and maybe even the Championship if things went there way.

Any team can make it to the Finals, but outside of SA and OKC and maybe the Clippers, it ain't the way to bet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a failure. They won't be favored in the first round so I don't think you could call it a failure if they don't advance. I believe they will be the 8th seed and play the Thunder or the Spurs without home court advantage; a tall order either way.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a failure. They won't be favored in the first round so I don't think you could call it a failure if they don't advance. I believe they will be the 8th seed and play the Thunder or the Spurs without home court advantage; a tall order either way.
8th seed? You think they're gonna fall off like that?

I think they hold the 6th seed and play the Clippers. Which would be epic if we could get some fair officiating....which I doubt. Flopcity in full affect.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8th seed? Warriors will be 5th or 6th seed most likely. I think they could
Be 5 seed this year

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th seed? You think they're gonna fall off like that?

I think they hold the 6th seed and play the Clippers. Which would be epic if we could get some fair officiating....which I doubt. Flopcity in full affect.

Ya, I don't like the way they fail to close games and now Curry is gimpy. They'll probably drop three games back and finish 8th but will be able to hold Phoenix off for the last spot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th seed? Warriors will be 5th or 6th seed most likely. I think they could
Be 5 seed this year

Well, they are the same distance from 8th as they are from 5th and its always easier to go down than up. If a team has been ahead of you all season in the standings there's usually a reason for that and most times its because they are better than you.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they are the same distance from 8th as they are from 5th and its always easier to go down than up. If a team has been ahead of you all season in the standings there's usually a reason for that and most times its because they are better than you.

1.5 from the 5th 2 games from the 8th. So closer to the 5 seed. And no just cause someone is ahead of it doesn'teqm they're better. It's all about them matchups

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some more shit logic from the board dumdum.

So, the fact that the Ws have been ahead of Dallas and Memphis pretty much all season means they are better than those teams, yet they will still get passed up by them.

Got it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.5 from the 5th 2 games from the 8th. So closer to the 5 seed. And no just cause someone is ahead of it doesn'teqm they're better. It's all about them matchups

Well the one thing that dickhead tweezil did get right is that it is the loss column that counts and in that column they are two behind, not 1.5.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it would depend on HOW they lost. A hard-fought series and lose in six games? I'd be disappointed bu I could live with it. It would mean the team is close but not quite ready for prime time. If the Warriors get swept, it would mean the team is much farther from the Finals than I hoped.

It wasn't that long ago that we were all rooting for one of the worst run teams in sports. It's been a fun season. Hope they finish strong.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a failed season to have this much talent and not get out of the first round should that be the case, but we have to make the playoffs first and shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that crap loss to Cleveland I'm pissed. Those are the types of games you can't give away. I can understand the road loss to the Clippers, but at home versus the Cavs? Ouch.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that crap loss to Cleveland I'm pissed. Those are the types of games you can't give away. I can understand the road loss to the Clippers, but at home versus the Cavs? Ouch.

Embarrassing comes to mind, or shameful maybe when evealuating last night's performance.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the absolute wrong time to be closings games like this....I realize that they've lost games like this all year, and it's maddening......but now, you cannot afford to lose these anymore....smh

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the absolute wrong time to be closings games like this....I realize that they've lost games like this all year, and it's maddening......but now, you cannot afford to lose these anymore....smh
They've been doing it all season. Amzingly, for an ex player, their coach does not have any end game strategy. he just hopes to out-score the other team.