• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Saints taught us anything....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that a 3-game home stand doesn't guarantee you ANY victories.

Imo, this 3-game stretch is the most important stretch of the season. If we can win all 3, we're 10-4 and in a prime position for a playoff berth. If we win at least 2 we still have a shot, albeit an "outside" shot. If we only win one or lose all 3, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

And I don't care how we make the playoffs, if we actually do. Just getting there is the first step. Can't win the SB without making the playoffs.

Yes, our team looks out of sync and on the verge of shambles, but things can quickly change in the NFL. Just a few short weeks ago I felt much more confident about this upcoming Bears game. Now, they seem to be getting hotter and us, well we all know how we've looked. Our playoff berth starts this Thursday. I don't care if we win by an inch or a mile, a win is a win and makes us one step closer to the playoffs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the equivalent of a playoff game for Chicago. Lose and their playoff chances are gone.

Not as much for us, but the San Fran-Seatle winner would not be looking from the outside in at us if we lose.

Be nice to win while one of them loses and drops further back in tie breakers.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned how they get in. The offense starts clicking and I will feel better about a playoff game. Offense is still sputtering and some how they manage to get in. Sure I will be happy they made it. I will not be happy of the probable outcome. Hell even the Vikings put up 21 against the Pack. FG's will not cut it moving forward. Albeit our defense is keeping them in most games.

Ideal situation is to have Cowboys beat Eagles twice or vice versa and same with Hawks and 9ers. While the Lions take care of business the last five.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi keeps this quick strike with screens and rollouts involved. That shotgun with empty set worked yesterday. Will it later? That was a weakness last year against blitzes in empty set. Maybe Lombardi's scheme works oppo of Linehan's LOL.
More shotgun and screens to Riddick( man I am really liking this kid).
Less zone defense!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints tidbit for you...next year the team will host the corresponding North opponent & travel to West foe. Lions and Seahawks as of now.