• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Nats are #1, whose #2?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little denying the Nats are the most complete team? I would argue the Reds are just as good, have better pitching, and have done it without PEDs

Not if they re-sign Scott Rolen. :2cents:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they re-sign Scott Rolen. :2cents:

He announced 2 or 3 days ago that he's done as a Red. Todd Frazier taking over full time should be a huge boost offensively, without that big of a defensive drop off

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He announced 2 or 3 days ago that he's done as a Red. Todd Frazier taking over full time should be a huge boost offensively, without that big of a defensive drop off

Not taking the bait?

I did see where Rolen said he wasn't coming to Spring Training but I predict he'll be back sometime this season. I'm excited about the Reds this year.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i'll say it since no one has............i dont think the nationals are the most complete team

sure if you look at the numbers they look good but that is one year...will la roche duplicate his best year?...can gio do it again or was he a product of the league switch(teams have seen him and have film now)....only trustworthy bat i think they have is zimmerman

is harper going to have the soph. slump

yes they could be very good but if they dont get the same output from the guys that brokeout/improved over previous years then they could be missing the play-offs

if i had to pick the most complete i would have to go with braves/tigers.......

they have the line-up(pop and some speed),pitching ,bullpen

defense is a negative for the tigers but they have everything else

braves weak spot i would say is the SP might not be as good,but they could be(young guys that have performed well in their limited MLB time)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I know Hammer hates anyone to say, the Angels have a pretty good looking team.

The Tigers should still be pretty good as well.

The Angels offense is EPIC good. There is no doubt of that. But their pitching is frightfully bad.

They MAY take the west, but putting them in the discussion with the Nats, Braves, Jays, Reds, Giants, etc?

I don't see it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels offense is EPIC good. There is no doubt of that. But their pitching is frightfully bad.

They MAY take the west, but putting them in the discussion with the Nats, Braves, Jays, Reds, Giants, etc?

I don't see it.

The Angels offense is epic good on paper. I predict disappointments from Pujols and Hamilton.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody seems to be talking about the Braves much. Their lineup is going to be very good. Their Bullpen will be one of the best in baseball. Their starting pitchers are solid. The Nats aren't going to run away & hide in their own division.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody seems to be talking about the Braves much. Their lineup is going to be very good. Their Bullpen will be one of the best in baseball. Their starting pitchers are solid. The Nats aren't going to run away & hide in their own division.

Their lineup COULD be very good. Look at the guys they have. B.J. Upton and Heyward are very very inconsistent. McCann hit a whopping .230 last year. Uggla had a down year last year. His power dropped off. Juan Fransisco isn't exactly a world beater at 3B. Even Freemans average dropped to .259 last year. They have some guys with great potential but hit very poorly last year. Their lineup could be VERY good or really bad.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What possible basis could you have for that?

Are you kidding me? Where have you been the last three years when Pujols basically led the league in strikeouts and LOB while Hamilton was alternating between streaky play, church and hookers? You must not follow baseball or something.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their lineup COULD be very good. Look at the guys they have. B.J. Upton and Heyward are very very inconsistent. McCann hit a whopping .230 last year. Uggla had a down year last year. His power dropped off. Juan Fransisco isn't exactly a world beater at 3B. Even Freemans average dropped to .259 last year. They have some guys with great potential but hit very poorly last year. Their lineup could be VERY good or really bad.

The Braves might not have to score much though. If their starters can go 6 innings the game is just about over. Their Bullpen is that good.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Where have you been the last three years when Pujols basically led the league in strikeouts and LOB while Hamilton was alternating between streaky play, church and hookers? You must not follow baseball or something.

You realize that last year Pujos was 92nd in the AL in SO's. In 2011 he was 119th and in 2010 he was tied for 84th. So yeah he basically led the league. Who doesn't pay attention to baseball?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm excited about it, even with the injuries and and struggles last season the Braves still won 94 games. The potential is what has me giddy about the season starting.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah that post 2 spots above yours didnt happen i guess :D

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Nationals, Reds and Tigers are probably the three best teams on paper starting the season. My Giants will need to see vast improvements from Lincecum, Belt and another good season from the rest of the team to even be in the conversation. I don't know what to think about the Dodgers, to be honest. They could be very good...or ego central could see them floundering.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i'll say it since no one has............i dont think the nationals are the most complete team

sure if you look at the numbers they look good but that is one year...will la roche duplicate his best year?...can gio do it again or was he a product of the league switch(teams have seen him and have film now)....only trustworthy bat i think they have is zimmerman

is harper going to have the soph. slump

yes they could be very good but if they dont get the same output from the guys that brokeout/improved over previous years then they could be missing the play-offs

if i had to pick the most complete i would have to go with braves/tigers.......

they have the line-up(pop and some speed),pitching ,bullpen

defense is a negative for the tigers but they have everything else

braves weak spot i would say is the SP might not be as good,but they could be(young guys that have performed well in their limited MLB time)

well so far the nats have scored 2 or fewer runs 18 out of 37 games....never did consider them the most complete team