• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Giants win a game...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there's no game day thread for it, can it really be said to have happened?

Nice win yesterday!

God this season sucks. :tsk: :tsk:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and there's no game day thread for it, can it really be said to have happened?

Nice win yesterday!

God this season sucks. :tsk: :tsk:

If a tree falls in the woods......

I was busy yesterday, but surprised no GDT. Even the GDT's are pretty lame, with only 1 page of posts per game.

Hoping 2014 is better.

But hey, I'd love to beat the Dodgers 7 straight from here on out. Give 'em something to think about for next year, after they are swept in the first round of the playoffs. :D

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a tree falls in the woods......

I was busy yesterday, but surprised no GDT. Even the GDT's are pretty lame, with only 1 page of posts per game.

Hoping 2014 is better.

But hey, I'd love to beat the Dodgers 7 straight from here on out. Give 'em something to think about for next year, after they are swept in the first round of the playoffs. :D

Hope you're right but to me they look like the NL team with the starting pitching to go deep, 3 true stud starters. Almost, dare I say, Giant-esque. :puke:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is understandable that our GDTs have dried up. We were on a 4-year sprint, and we finally legitimately stumbled. I know I am kinda burnt out, and not even listening to many games right now. I am sure I am not the only one.

Add to the that the loss of GP and Filo (and Cam and Tidrow), the drop in activity of Heath, Colin, myself, Mays, all the SF...'s and Marco, it is hard for Stokes, Packer, tz and MSG to carry the board...

Come next year, though, we should be back.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think I'm in a similar position as Cal defined. Just burnt out and really have no interest in following the team. I still look at some of the individual stats for a game. More out of curiosity then anything else. I loved the 2010 and 2012 seasons from a board's perspective. It was a great ride for us as a FAMILY to experience the run to the playoffs and a resulting WS championship. Just to read the chatter on the board and live within the emotions that were being generated. It was agreat feeling and I miss that. Hard to be into GDTs when the team has been struggling as bad as it has for the past few months. Sort of takes the heart out of the fan. I'd love to see LA get dropped in the opening series but I just don't see that happening. Hating them doesn't change the fact that they are one very formitable team and I think they will be even more difficult in 2014. They seem to have come to grips with all the diverse personalities on that team and have played as well as almost any team I can remember. Think they went something like 42-8 in one 50 game stretch. That's scary good. I know that our injuries hurt us in 2013 but I don't believe that was the only thing that went wrong. Our pitching faultered and our defense crumbled. Seemed like we'd get our fair share of hits but just not when it mattered. 2013 just was the year we all expected. I personally thought the playoffs were a lock. Never thought I'd be throwing in the towel in August. Sort of brought me back to some of the dark days of the past. Can't wait for the 2014 season to start rolling in. Just don't want another repeat of our 2013 ride into oblivion. When this season draws to a close it will be interesting for us to list some of our favorite moments of the 2013 season ....

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issue for me is as many have said, it was a huge run and now we tripped over one of the hurdles near the finish line. Then with the NFL season underway, I've been drawn there. I do post when I can though

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is understandable that our GDTs have dried up. We were on a 4-year sprint, and we finally legitimately stumbled. I know I am kinda burnt out, and not even listening to many games right now. I am sure I am not the only one.

Add to the that the loss of GP and Filo (and Cam and Tidrow), the drop in activity of Heath, Colin, myself, Mays, all the SF...'s and Marco, it is hard for Stokes, Packer, tz and MSG to carry the board...

Come next year, though, we should be back.

Strangely enough, that's what I feel: burned out. Many of us made an appearance on just about every GDT since coming over to this site, including all the postseason games. Takes a lot outta ya.

Of course, 2010-1012 were damn awesome. Let's hope the team rebounds in 2014, and a few good signings re-energize all of us on here.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball-short-attention-span.gif

About my attention span with the Giants right now.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strangely enough, that's what I feel: burned out. Many of us made an appearance on just about every GDT since coming over to this site, including all the postseason games. Takes a lot outta ya.

Of course, 2010-1012 were damn awesome. Let's hope the team rebounds in 2014, and a few good signings re-energize all of us on here.

I can co-sign that. I'm flippin' TIRED. I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all because I have loved every moment, but winning is exhausting! Spoiled, I know (don't forget that I'm also a Steelers fan), but I'm kinda looking forward to the break.

I have a good feeling about 2014 and think that our guys need to get some rest also. Baggs had an interview with Vogey & he admitted that the WBC may have affected his play this year. It's been a long few seasons. Time to regroup and refresh. I'm good with a WS every other year :yahoo:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers were the same way at first. Surprised to see the Giants fans in a posting drought but I guess after a couple championships, losing doesn't seem to matter much. The good thing about losing seasons? I'm sure many of the bandwagoners have hopped off.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers were the same way at first. Surprised to see the Giants fans in a posting drought but I guess after a couple championships, losing doesn't seem to matter much. The good thing about losing seasons? I'm sure many of the bandwagoners have hopped off.

For 3.5 years, this has been an active board, and the best team baseball board on Sportshoopla. (If you want fast a furious action, check out the 49ers board sometime during a game!)

Many of us were refugees from the Mouse board, and found a home here. Many of us have posted pretty much every day, even during the off-season.

Still, as an active board, we get more on a GDT (game day thread) than the Dodger board posts in a week, or longer.

I think many of us gave up on the season a few months ago (just like many Dodger fans gave up on the season in May), but we still post.

The losing hurts, but we are comforted by the 2010 and 2012 championships. Losing matters a great deal, but there's nothing to be done about it for 2013.

Are you getting many bandwagoners on the Dodger board? I lived in Pasadena for 28 years, and the fickleness of many LA fans was appalling to me. Dodgers suck? Root for the Angels. Angels suck? Root for the Dodgers. Lakers suck? Hey, I'm a Clipper fan!

The Dodgers have a nice team this year, and have fought through injuries. They barely miss Kemp. And the pitching looks like it could go deep in the playoffs. Still, you actually gotta win something to begin acting like the greatest team ever assembled.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another reason we are rather dead right now is that we don't have anything to brag about, but we also do not ave anything to bitch about.

The season is over, but we have a solid team and a solid org. We will be right in the middle of it again next year, baring major injury.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 3.5 years, this has been an active board, and the best team baseball board on Sportshoopla. (If you want fast a furious action, check out the 49ers board sometime during a game!)

Many of us were refugees from the Mouse board, and found a home here. Many of us have posted pretty much every day, even during the off-season.

Still, as an active board, we get more on a GDT (game day thread) than the Dodger board posts in a week, or longer.

I think many of us gave up on the season a few months ago (just like many Dodger fans gave up on the season in May), but we still post.

The losing hurts, but we are comforted by the 2010 and 2012 championships. Losing matters a great deal, but there's nothing to be done about it for 2013.

Are you getting many bandwagoners on the Dodger board? I lived in Pasadena for 28 years, and the fickleness of many LA fans was appalling to me. Dodgers suck? Root for the Angels. Angels suck? Root for the Dodgers. Lakers suck? Hey, I'm a Clipper fan!

The Dodgers have a nice team this year, and have fought through injuries. They barely miss Kemp. And the pitching looks like it could go deep in the playoffs. Still, you actually gotta win something to begin acting like the greatest team ever assembled.

The 49ers look flat out fearsome this year. I'm just hoping Pryor lasts the full season without getting hurt as a Raiders fan.

Not many bandwagoners on the Dodgers board, mostly refugees from CBS and ESPN. I been keeping the faith for years now and it's nice to see some good ownership for a change. Right now we're in a slump and a couple of our guys are banged up but we got the division so we should be good by the time the playoffs roll around. Right now most of us are just waiting on the postseason, so we can see what this team can do.

The absence of Kemp has been nullified by the emergence of Puig for the most part. I just hope to God I can see Kemp along with everyone else, our lineup next year should rival any in the league in my mind with the addition of Alexander Guerrero at 2nd and Kemp back in CF. Now we just have to stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator: