• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Shawn Watson takes another job

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of you want Scott Frost to be the next Nebraska OC but I feel we need to look at the whole picture here. Tim Beck is the only on the offensive side of the ball on the Huskers that would make a good OC. My next question is if Pelini hires with in does Joe Ganz get the QB's coach gig? I feel Pelini must look outside the husker ranks so here are the guys that would be at the top of my wish list for the OC/QB coach.

1. Bryan Harisn Boise St. OC/QB coach he is a big time coach!

2. Josh Heupel OU QB coach I believe he could take the offense to the next level and make Martinez into a great college QB

3. Major Applewhite Texas RB coach been an OC at Rice and Alabama he can run a offense and Major doesn't have a chance to be a head coach at Texas.

Yes no to Mike Leach, no to Mark Mangino, or any of the pass happy spread attacks. Nebraska needs to have a balance attack to win against top level teams. Just a few guys I would mind seeing in Husker Red if Watson is not with us next season.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not impressed with Josh from OU or Major from Texas. Boise would be a good catch but he might be difficult to get out of there. I mentioned earlier the crazy pirate Leach will run the ball.

I think Bo has to go outside to get a new OC. Whoever it is has to have the same passion for offense as Bo does for defense - that person in my opinion is Leach. If Leach tells Bo he wants to Air Raid all day long; then I say no - they need to find a balance.

To put it in perspective; Bo has done nothing during his whole career but coach defense. When at Nebraska (the first time), Oklahoma, or LSU; when the offense was on the field he was back with his defense coaching them up. He has only completed his third season as head coach and I think he trusted Watson/Cotton a little too much in how to run the offense. Bo knows what he wants to do but probably doesn't know how to institute it. He needs to find a guy with the same fire that he has and besides Leach, I can't think of an OC who gets jittery, excited, and pissed off when things don't work out the way they are supposed to. I'm pretty sure Watson must be on meds because that guy never gets excited talking about football.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson may be just wishful thinking for me as the obvious choice to be the first one to go. some of our other position coaches could stand a kick in the ass as well.
I keep hearing Frost's name but I don't know if he is ready for an OC position, that's a huge step from receivers coach

The fact is something needs to change here. We lose players to graduation every year and new kids come in, and with basically the same results, so it's not the kids then it has to be the coaches.

there are many many coaches out there who would shit fire at the chance to land a big time job at NU. They don't necessarily need to be born and bred in state but some connection is obviously a plus

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one do not want an emotional OC like Bo is on defense. You have to stay even keel you have to feel the game out when you make calls. You have to be looking at two play calls ahead. If Watsons leaves you have to a QB coach and I feel that Heupel and Applewhite can be good OC if not great and I love the way they played the game level headed and they led their team something Taylor IMO needs. Harison would be my top choice but Heupel would be a close second.