• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Jameis were white...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he be the Andrew Luck in the 2015 draft, or maybe Ben Roethlisberger?...Jameis has 2 fewer r*pe allegations against him compared to Big Ben, but who's counting...

BTW, Big Ben paid off the 3rd accuser.

wow..fucking brilliant!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will be the 2nd QB off the board (top 10) and imo has the tools to be a decent pro QB...he reminds me of a Jason Campbell type player. If not for his stupidity and character issues...he would be the 1st overall pick...JM slid to the 20s more because of his skillset than anything.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would he be the Andrew Luck in the 2015 draft, or maybe Ben Roethlisberger?...Jameis has 2 fewer r*pe allegations against him compared to Big Ben, but who's counting...

Black or White, what Winston has done in public is to show zero respect for women what so ever. with the r*pe allegations, and even worse, the jumping on the table and saying, " fuck her in the pussy", he is heading to a life if bending his ass over a sink in cell block whatever and being someone else's bitch.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68% of the men playing in today's NFL are black, and 50% of all black men in the U.S. will be arrested before their 23 birthday...today's NFL franchises are built with young black men with questionable character issues.

Pull your head out of the sand people...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68% of the men playing in today's NFL are black, and 50% of all black men in the U.S. will be arrested before their 23 birthday...today's NFL franchises are built with young black men with questionable character issues.

Pull your head out of the sand people...

You are going off on tangents. Your OP stated:

If Jameis were white...
Would he be the Andrew Luck in the 2015 draft

The reply generally given was that if Andrew Luck had the same issues as Winston he would have slipped in the draft. I have seen no proof of Luck ever being in trouble off the field. Can you honestly say that if Luck had alleged r*pe charges, shoplifting charges & other allegations that he would not have slipped in the draft & his character would not be questioned?

Manziel came under similar scrutiny & to the best of my knowledge didn't break the law. Your statement above is cause for concern & should be addressed, but I don't see how it applies to this situation. If Winston stays out of trouble and just works at his job he should be fine in the NFL. Stop trying to create situations that don't exist.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIyz... Sorry bro, but got to put it out there.

You do realize that you are basically lobbying for us to draft a kid with Multiple Character flaws, now to include allegations of points shaving. The Skins should treat Winston like Star Wars... keep him in a Galaxy long ago and far far away!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like the race crap . i am so sick of it . manziel dropped because of character concerns

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like the race crap . i am so sick of it . manziel dropped because of character concerns

Again, I dont doubt this kids talent. And I think he is more NFL ready to run a pro style Offense. But I have serious concerns about his ability to act like a grown man once he is handed a few million dollars. Race has little to do with it.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the current climate I don't think race matters at all. Teams don't want to risk high draft picks on guys of questionable character. Valuable lessons learned from Jamarcus Russell.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I dont doubt this kids talent. And I think he is more NFL ready to run a pro style Offense. But I have serious concerns about his ability to act like a grown man once he is handed a few million dollars. Race has little to do with it.

If you want to know why this is not simply about race & why NFL teams will always be concerned about guys like this - you just have to mention two words - Ryan Leaf!

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston is a big risk but if he doesn't cost us any draft picks it a better risk then the Griffin deal was.
We still need to work on a lot of other issues 1st though.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the opening posters contention that Winston is only under fire because he is AA is very offensive. He earned this criticism and as others have pointed out white player face it too.

I don't think it will matter, there are several teams ahead of us and all of them need a QB. But if he is there at our spot I'd have to seriously consider it. As I said about the Griffin trade this league is all about the QB. You can have a very good roster but without a good QB you are spinning your wheels. Just look at Arizona today, they are 9-3 and scare nobody

Now is Winston that guy? I've been very critical of him as well, he's a knucklehead for sure and his behavior is more than a little concerning. But a lot of it is immaturity. It's a risk, no doubt, and no way would I want to trade up for him. But if he falls to us then I would think they would have to consider it. Again what other options are there for this team at QB?

He is the only QB in this draft I would even consider.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the opening posters contention that Winston is only under fire because he is AA is very offensive. He earned this criticism and as others have pointed out white player face it too.

I don't think it will matter, there are several teams ahead of us and all of them need a QB. But if he is there at our spot I'd have to seriously consider it. As I said about the Griffin trade this league is all about the QB. You can have a very good roster but without a good QB you are spinning your wheels. Just look at Arizona today, they are 9-3 and scare nobody

Now is Winston that guy? I've been very critical of him as well, he's a knucklehead for sure and his behavior is more than a little concerning. But a lot of it is immaturity. It's a risk, no doubt, and no way would I want to trade up for him. But if he falls to us then I would think they would have to consider it. Again what other options are there for this team at QB?

He is the only QB in this draft I would even consider.

No way. The guy is way too much of a risk. We can no longer afford to take chances with these high draft picks. We need to fill out the rest of our holes with sure/solid picks. We can go into 2015 with Colt/KC/RG3/other while improving the OL and defense. We can go for our QB in 2016, if we still need to.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. The guy is way too much of a risk. We can no longer afford to take chances with these high draft picks. We need to fill out the rest of our holes with sure/solid picks. We can go into 2015 with Colt/KC/RG3/other while improving the OL and defense. We can go for our QB in 2016, if we still need to.

I can certainly understand this position and I"m not prepared to argue it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is going to get real boring if you decide to stop arguing with me:omg:

They always have me to argue with. Although that has dropped off some since every one has decided RG3 is in fact not ready.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is going to get real boring if you decide to stop arguing with me:omg:

You mean like 3 months ago, before I showed up and immediately started turning over tables? :yahoo:

Like Shark said the main arguing point is kind of moot now and everyone can pretty much agree. When we suck this badly there's not much to disagree about.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always have me to argue with. Although that has dropped off some since every one has decided RG3 is in fact not ready.

I think most are beyond "not ready" and are now at he's the biggest bust ever in the history of the franchise.