• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if haurbaugh leaves....

Madskillz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would take over as coach? Would they promote Roman?
Or would they try and.go after the big name. Gruden, cowher, etc

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be so incredibly pissed if they promoted Roman

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Reportedly Tomsula is the favorite by "many in the organization" if they promote from within.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly Tomsula is the favorite by "many in the organization" if they promote from within.

I really love Tomsula as the DL guy but as HC? Not so much. I can see why they would like him but he would have to get one hell of a OC to be successful.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really love Tomsula as the DL guy but as HC? Not so much. I can see why they would like him but he would have to get one hell of a OC to be successful.

NFL connections and the ability to convince others around him to join ship are two of the biggest question marks I have about him. He's an outstanding position coach, though, from what I've seen. One of the better TRUE teachers in football. Old school.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No thanks to Roman...

Gruden would be my #1 target...

And David Shaw intrigues me...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tomsula at least has been an HC albeit for one season in NFL Europe but that still at least means he does have some experience in knowing what to do as a head coach.

My only concern with Tomsula is Pozz's concern in if Tomsula has the connections to build a quality staff around him.

I've been critical of Roman for some of the thing his does on offense but I do think he would be a capable head coach. I do have some of the same concern that I do with Tomsula and if he's connected enough to bring in quality guys.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Niners would be an attractive destination for Gruden or Cowher, As far as an internal promotion goes, I wouldn't have a problem with Tomsula.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jim Tomsula would be Singletary 2.0

I don't think so. Remember when Singletary got the ax, and Tomsula was the interim coach for the last game of the season. Interviews with players after the game raved about how well prepared Tomsula made them for that game, well beyond the level of preparedness that Singletary ever had them achieve. I remember someone on defense indicating that Tomsula had a plan for every conceivable goal line situation and that was something that Singletary just didn't do. I don't know if Tomsula will be better than Harbaugh, but he most certainly will be leaps and bounds above what Singletary was.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think so. Remember when Singletary got the ax, and Tomsula was the interim coach for the last game of the season. Interviews with players after the game raved about how well prepared Tomsula made them for that game, well beyond the level of preparedness that Singletary ever had them achieve. I remember someone on defense indicating that Tomsula had a plan for every conceivable goal line situation and that was something that Singletary just didn't do. I don't know if Tomsula will be better than Harbaugh, but he most certainly will be leaps and bounds above what Singletary was.

If Tomsula can do all that in just one week, then imagine what he could with an entire offseason.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hiring Tomsula is like hiring Mike Singletery. They would have to try and hit a home run with a proven HC. No more of these never before HC. If Harbaugh Left I would go after Shaw from Stanford or another proven guy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners would be an attractive destination for Gruden or Cowher, As far as an internal promotion goes, I wouldn't have a problem with Tomsula.

Yes I would go after Gruden. If not him Shaw from Stanford.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the talent on this team, the fan base and the brand new stadium, the big names would be beating down the door to come here I would think. Roman would not even be considered.