• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

if guerin makes the team

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
do we really have to move someone? if im correct we have about 800K in cap space? if he signs at a veteran minimum contract..around 500-750K...we can fit him in without losing anyone..and you know you have some depth when your fill ins for injury are guys like powe and carcillo

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he would sign for the minimum. I know they can do some creative things with bonuses. By a pure number of players issue, some one would probably need to go.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THe problem with signing him and not moving a player is cap space for in-season moves. Say a player gets hurt and will miss a few games. Not enough to IR them for 10 games, but enough where you need a call up. Nodl makes about 400K. So you would need at the very least 500-600K for short term call ups. Otherwise you end up with David SLoane on a one day contract again.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe problem with signing him and not moving a player is cap space for in-season moves. Say a player gets hurt and will miss a few games. Not enough to IR them for 10 games, but enough where you need a call up. Nodl makes about 400K. So you would need at the very least 500-600K for short term call ups. Otherwise you end up with David SLoane on a one day contract again.

Nodl makes about $800k, but your point is a good one. We have seen what happens when we are that close to the cap.

P.S. Davis Sloane was not that. He did go to one of the best Colleges in the country!;):cool:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more importantly guerin is a joke.. he's been the worst flyer on the ice in both pre-season games IMO.. i dont care that he scored last night, it was the most ridiculous bounce in the history of sports

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more importantly guerin is a joke.. he's been the worst flyer on the ice in both pre-season games IMO.. i dont care that he scored last night, it was the most ridiculous bounce in the history of sports

I wasn't impressed either.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and more importantly, 50 more posts till level 8! :cool:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if it has any bearing on the salary cap, but IR means you're out 7 days. LTIR is 10 games/21 days. But again, I'm not sure if you get replacement space for IR.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't be sure, and I don't know if GM's know either, but I am pretty sure LTIR is where you get relief. IR just allows for an extra player on the roster.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be sure, and I don't know if GM's know either, but I am pretty sure LTIR is where you get relief. IR just allows for an extra player on the roster.

i believe this is right..

there are so many cap rules in the NHL.. its hard to keep track of haha

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guerin is far from the worst player on this team in the preseason...lol...really ...he will make the club dependable...solid two way player with the potential of 20 goals for a bargain price...if the cap fits he is on the team...

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read today in the daily news, he is far from a lock to make it. I think Holstrom and Testwuide or making the decision very tough.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what a great problem to have though. wasn't that long ago we sat around debating whether guerin types could click on scoring lines. now all we are worrying about is will he crack the 3rd line or fit better on the 4th. i'm just fine if he gets cut as well. i'd rather let holmstrom take a crack. the more experience we provide our youth, the better we will be.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would prefer they sign him and let the 2 unknowns start in the minors. THen if Guerin looks slow, or one of the two young guys starts tearing it up, you still have them to call up. If you don't sign Guerin, you can't go back if the young guys flame out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guerin is far from the worst player on this team in the preseason...lol...really ...he will make the club dependable...solid two way player with the potential of 20 goals for a bargain price...if the cap fits he is on the team...

i haven't watched the past couple games so maybe he's improved.. but if you dont think he was one of the worst guys out there in the first couple games, i dont know what you were watching.. he's slow, and when he finally catches up to the puck to actually have it on his stick, he immediately turns it over

IMO he doesn't fill a need.. we have guys that turn the puck over.. lots of them.. and if you wanna call guerin a 2 way player, we dont need any of those either.. richards, giroux, leino, nodl, and powe are all solid 2 way guys.. carter even is when he feels like it.. same with hartnell

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer they sign him and let the 2 unknowns start in the minors. THen if Guerin looks slow, or one of the two young guys starts tearing it up, you still have them to call up. If you don't sign Guerin, you can't go back if the young guys flame out.

thats a good point.. i would bring up the point that the team is already filled without him, or the young guys, but with lappy out for a while, and leino and betts still rehabbing (supposed to be back for the opener), we probably would need 1 of the 3 (guerin, testwuide, holmstrom)

if we can sign guerin without having to move anyone i'd be ok with it.. but if homer signs guerin and has to move someone, we're going to see another player+pick for an AHL scrub type of trade

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a good point.. i would bring up the point that the team is already filled without him, or the young guys, but with lappy out for a while, and leino and betts still rehabbing (supposed to be back for the opener), we probably would need 1 of the 3 (guerin, testwuide, holmstrom)

if we can sign guerin without having to move anyone i'd be ok with it.. but if homer signs guerin and has to move someone, we're going to see another player+pick for an AHL scrub type of trade

On one hand its nice to have a cup winner in the wings but at the same time this games played with speed today guys need to get in fast to forecheck which is Lavy`s system.

Anyone know how long Leino is out...that could factor in as well

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a great problem to have though. wasn't that long ago we sat around debating whether guerin types could click on scoring lines. now all we are worrying about is will he crack the 3rd line or fit better on the 4th. i'm just fine if he gets cut as well. i'd rather let holmstrom take a crack. the more experience we provide our youth, the better we will be.

co-signed.

Life as a Flyer's fan is never perfect, is it?? :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand its nice to have a cup winner in the wings but at the same time this games played with speed today guys need to get in fast to forecheck which is Lavy`s system.

Anyone know how long Leino is out...that could factor in as well

Even though he was kind of invisible. (to me) He did play tonight.