• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If for no other reason than gamesmanship, I think RG3 gets cleared to "Practice" this week.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, no I dont think he plays next week. I dont think he should play next week. Or the week oafter, or the week after that.

But from a gamesmanship standpoint, it might be a smart move for them to let slip that he has been cleared to practice and might play Monday night. Even if Gruden has no intention of playing him, let a few reporters see him taking a few safe reps with the starters.

I dont think we have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Dallas on Monday night. But if nothing else it would keep things interesting. Mccoy will get the start. Cousins should be sent to the Betty Ford clinic at this point for treatment, because I think his confidence and thus his ability to play are shot, and he will need counseling.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used that exact same phrase on the radio and I agree. No way he plays, this is just to try to make Dallas prepare for him. It won't work, of course, but worth a shot.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only down side to them doing this is, if Rg3 is cleared to practice, and Colt starts and we get butts handed to us, it could backfire badly when reporters start to put cameras in the faces of players.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only down side to them doing this is, if Rg3 is cleared to practice, and Colt starts and we get butts handed to us, it could backfire badly when reporters start to put cameras in the faces of players.

Given the game is a MNF Primetime, an ass whooping is not out of the question.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the game is a MNF Primetime, an ass whooping is not out of the question.

I dont bet on Skins games. But if I were to take a line, I would bet the over on points with the Skins losing big.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont bet on Skins games. But if I were to take a line, I would bet the over on points with the Skins losing big.

That's funny. I Never bet on the skins either. Ever. Even during the winning years. :suds:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why you don't think he should play for several weeks?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 shouldnt play unless he is 100% period next subject :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why you don't think he should play for several weeks?

1. Because he probably has not fully recovered from the dislocated ankle yet. And lord knows if he gets hurt again the shit storm that will come from him being "rushed back".

2. Unless we are going to go heavy on the read option, there is no point in playing him. We need to figure out what we have as far as our young O-lineman. Thats not going to happen with us game planning to RG3s strengths. Cousins isnt the answer, Griffin brings the questions. We are not going to make the playoffs, so best option is to simply let McCoy ride out the season and see what we have in the rest of the roster.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think since he is practicing he has been cleared I that means he is healed. The issue here is they want to see him practice for 2 weeks before throwing him out there.

As for the results/talent I think the team has holes obviously but you can't tell me this is a team with the talent of the teams they are barely beating. There is no doubt in my mind they have better talent then they are showing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any doubt at this point that opposition teams care less about who is QB for this team, but rather prepare to exploit both the weaknesses around whomever that might be on the one hand and the weaknesses on our defensive front. There is NO creditable threat at QB on our team period to prepare for. The return of RGIII does pose questions of a different nature upon his return, but honestly, is this what we're relegated to?......suppositions, wishful thinking, and flights of fancy? It is the fools errand to think that RGIII's return prior to the bye week is more likely than not. Let's not entertain ourselves with this exercise in futility.