• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IDP Question

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play 4 IDP and this week my best player, LB Brandon Marshall is on his bye. He's ranked 3rd for all IDP.

This league has a short bench so if I cut anyone, it would have to be an offensive player, which I really do not want to do. So it looks like my LB position will have a goose egg for week 4.

I'm also 1-2 in this league, but there are 4 divisions and all 3 teams in my division are 1-2.

Another guy must have the same problem, because he cut his 6th-ranked IDP LB (also on his bye) to add another LB.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start 4 IDP's each week as well in my one dynasty 3-0 most points scored so far. This week I had Marshall and Ogletree on bye week and Shazier is injured. I decided to cut Marshall. One has to think Trevathan will be ready after the bye week. So I can see Marshall's value taking a giant nose dive. Had a guy try to pawn him off in one dynasty league for CJ Mosley yesterday. If I were you I would cut Marshall. I decided to grab Hitchens who played well last week against the Titans.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How big is the gap between your IDP and the next 4-5 free agents? Depends on your scoring obviously, but I'd be willing to bet it's not a huge gap. I couldn't imagine taking a zero to hang onto an IDP who isn't named Watt or Kuechly

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Shady. Nice reasoning.

How big is the gap between your IDP and the next 4-5 free agents? Depends on your scoring obviously, but I'd be willing to bet it's not a huge gap. I couldn't imagine taking a zero to hang onto an IDP who isn't named Watt or Kuechly

Almost no one in this league has IDP depth. So most cut 'em loose on their bye weeks. To answer your question, Treff, there are quite a few players available.

Bruce Carter and Preston Brown are tied for 12th. But Carter's points are skewed by a TD. Take that away and his value takes a huge hit. Demario Davis is ranked 16th. Khalil Mack is 21st.

Was actually leaning toward Clay Matthews. He's ranked 36th and is nursing a hammy, but he does seem to play well against the Bears, and that's who is next in week 4.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...well, there's always the possibility you score yours back, or one of the others who get dropped. . Maybe break even, maybe even slightly improve? ?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think 4 IDP started warrants keeping anyone but the elite. Marshall may be elite now, but do you really think he remains up there? I always drop the IDP.