• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Idea for League Revenue/Marketing

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Flyers wear their 3rd orange sweater today I was thinking of a way the entire League could make some additional revenue...and really could be entertaining...

Every team would play 40 games, 20 home and 20 away with a "base" uniform. In the Flyers case it would be the orange home and white road that they currently sport.

Each team would then have up to 40 games that they could sport Alternate sweaters.
Think about it. They Flyers have the "dazzle" orange that they used as a third sweater for a couple seasons. They have the Black sweaters. or they just keep with the base as much as possible.

How many more sweaters would be sold? This is revenue for the league for the sport we love.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of hate the idea of third jerseys. Much prefer having a clean home/away set. That being said I have both Winter Classic jerseys since they are special. I wouldn't buy into a gimmick of multiple 3rds. Not sure if anyone else feels that way though.

If you want jersey revenue then prepare for advertisements

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 3rd jerseys should be reserved for special occasions

- outdoor games
- vs rivals
- on holidays
- original 6 vs original 6
- home openers
- last game of the season

Otherwise they're really cheesy IMO.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the 1st step to getting more revenue,is to lower ticket prices.

Your season ticket holders have already dropped enough cash,and are not bound to get more jerseys,though most could afford it.

It's hard as hell for young people to drop over $100.00 on tix to games,let alone their parents paying for them.
By lowering tix prices,you would get a greater turnover of fans,who in turn would spend their money on memorabilia and concessions.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the 1st step to getting more revenue,is to lower ticket prices.

Your season ticket holders have already dropped enough cash,and are not bound to get more jerseys,though most could afford it.

It's hard as hell for young people to drop over $100.00 on tix to games,let alone their parents paying for them.
By lowering tix prices,you would get a greater turnover of fans,who in turn would spend their money on memorabilia and concessions.

:agree:

And lower the price of memorabilia sold at the stadium . Would ever buy jerseys or caps at the stadium because it's always overpriced.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell our hometown OHL Spits charge outrageous prices.$9.00 for a damn beer,and then wonder why attendance is down-it doesn't help when you're having a shitty season.

Pens are a pretty good deal IMO, I just hate crowds.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens are a pretty good deal IMO, I just hate crowds.

My brother who works for Reuters in Toronto got me tix for Flyers/Leafs Feb.26th.
Sec 119 ,6 rows behind visitors bench .The tix were $351.00 each.(free for him through company)

Fucking ridiculous,as I can get Lions season tickets at that price,not just 1 damn game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother who works for Reuters in Toronto got me tix for Flyers/Leafs Feb.26th.
Sec 119 ,6 rows behind visitors bench .The tix were $351.00 each.(free for him through company)

Fucking ridiculous,as I can get Lions season tickets at that price,not just 1 damn game.

Yeah Maple Leafs are a total ripoff from what I've heard. To be honest I've read that most Canadian markets are a ripoff because they always sellout, even if the teams are bad. Canadian hockey fans gotta learn to stay at home one in a while when the teams are bad or else it sends the signal to continue raising ticket prices.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto is such a big city tho, no matter how bad the Leafs are the ACC will always sellout for Leafs games.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Maple Leafs are a total ripoff from what I've heard. To be honest I've read that most Canadian markets are a ripoff because they always sellout, even if the teams are bad. Canadian hockey fans gotta learn to stay at home one in a while when the teams are bad or else it sends the signal to continue raising ticket prices.

Yeah, I may go to a Flyers vs Sabres game at First Niagara once a year, but it's come to the point where that money I spend for one game can get me a full season of Center Ice. Ticket prices are ridiculous, especially if you bring the family along. Canadians will always continue to pay the price to attend games. :noidea:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I may go to a Flyers vs Sabres game at First Niagara once a year, but it's come to the point where that money I spend for one game can get me a full season of Center Ice. Ticket prices are ridiculous, especially if you bring the family along. Canadians will always continue to pay the price to attend games. :noidea:

That's how I am, would rather spend that money for a season of CenterIce or GameCenter.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll only buy a jersey if I think it looks good - which means I haven't bought a Flyers jersey since they ditched the black ones.