• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd like to see OKC take down GS, but...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last win will be the toughest one yet. GS has the best home court in basketball.

And @lebron23james really doesn't want his team to face the Warriors in the finals...:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last win will be the toughest one yet. GS has the best home court in basketball.

And @lebron23james really doesn't want his team to face the Warriors in the finals...:suds:

Heck, if I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure I want to face either of those teams. If OKC wins the series, they will have beaten the 2 teams that finished with the best record in the league in dominating fashion. Teams that most gave the Cavs virtually no chance of beating.

If the Warriors somehow come back and win this, they will be on a roll that may well be unstoppable.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC will eliminate Golden State and people will be like, "My money is still on Golden State."

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'd rather face the Warriors than OKC.

And I don't think HCA means anything against OKC anymore. San Antonio had the next best HCA and the Thunder beat them twice in Texas.

If you counting on HCA to beat the Thunder, you in trouble.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'd rather face the Warriors than OKC.

And I don't think HCA means anything against OKC anymore. San Antonio had the next best HCA and the Thunder beat them twice in Texas.

If you counting on HCA to beat the Thunder, you in trouble.

Agree. Top to bottom, OKC is the most talented team in the league. For much of the season they played like a very good team, but that talent didn't always play together, Westbrook would slip into "hero ball" too often and KD seemed passive at times. Hence, they only finished with the 4th best record in the league and had a bad habit of blowing 4th quarter leads.

Something has happened with them since the playoffs started though. It's like the light came on or they had some sort of epiphany or something. Whatever it is, it seems like they have finally figured something out, all of that talent is playing together and they have peaked at just the right time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda of like the OKC/Cavs matchup because Irving and LeBron can and have goaded Durant and RW into playing hero ball- and it usually works out for the Cavs.

Curry is not himself right now- RW is dominating him and Curry is even struggling making him work his hardest on the offensive end.

Kyrie will make RW work, and Kyrie actually has a MORE VERSATILE offensive game than Curry. Curry is the best shooter who has ever lived- but he doesnt get to the rim like Kyrie and finish- he just doesnt.

Its why I PERSOANLLY- prefer to have Kyrie have the ball in his hands at the end of games. You cant play up on him or he will blow by you- you cant play off him or he will drain a triple.

LAST YEAR in those 2 50+ point games that Kyrie had- 2 of the BEST, LONGEST, MOST ATHLETIC players in the league guarded him on potential game winners/game tying shots-- Kawhi Leonard and Nik Batum.....guys that are 6'8" with wing spans like pterodactyls- but you JUST CANT play Kyrie one way or he will beat you a different way no matter how atheltic you are.

Klove had maybe the best game of his cleveland career in OKC earlier in the season- not that the victory means much but at least it would appear Love matches up well vs. them- which i think he does- and he has confidence vs. them- a LOT more than against GSW at least.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, if I'm a Cavs fan, I'm not sure I want to face either of those teams. If OKC wins the series, they will have beaten the 2 teams that finished with the best record in the league in dominating fashion. Teams that most gave the Cavs virtually no chance of beating.

If the Warriors somehow come back and win this, they will be on a roll that may well be unstoppable.

It really doesn't matter who the Cavs face, if they do make it to the Finals. OKC is playing unbelievable right now and could knock off two of the best regular season teams we have ever seen. I'm not sure Cavs fans and myself think it will be easier, actually might be just as difficult or more difficult the way OKC is playing. I just wanted to see OKC make it to the Finals bc I like the team as a whole and a really like KD and Westbrook. The Warriors were getting way too cocky IMO

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Warriors win Game 5 and Thunder win in Game 6.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually thought that GS win last year was some what of a fluke because normally small ball has never won championships and the only reason it did last year was because there weren't any big men that could run. This is different for OKC, they are together, they defend well and they have some big guys that can run. I don't think the that the Cavs can beat either team, but Tryrone is learning to become a good coach and it's not over yet

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn't matter who the Cavs face, if they do make it to the Finals. OKC is playing unbelievable right now and could knock off two of the best regular season teams we have ever seen. I'm not sure Cavs fans and myself think it will be easier, actually might be just as difficult or more difficult the way OKC is playing. I just wanted to see OKC make it to the Finals bc I like the team as a whole and a really like KD and Westbrook. The Warriors were getting way too cocky IMO
totally agree....great post...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, what OKC is doing is freaking ridiculous. Even though I picked GSW in 6, I thought OKC had a shot, but I didn't expect anything like this. They are actually playing better than they did against the Spurs.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,131.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on how the thunder are playing right now. I wouldnt wanna face them either

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Donovan's short rotations will eventually catch up with the Thunder - If not in this series then in a potential Finals matchup with the Cavs...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought that GS win last year was some what of a fluke because normally small ball has never won championships and the only reason it did last year was because there weren't any big men that could run. This is different for OKC, they are together, they defend well and they have some big guys that can run. I don't think the that the Cavs can beat either team, but Tryrone is learning to become a good coach and it's not over yet
they also had an easier run to the championship than this year's team.

Jay Kumar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant win with 2 superstars and no supporting cast. Play Anthony Morrow instead of Dion Waiters

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for OKC. Can't stand Greens antics. Poor mans lambeer

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck with that.